Future for bowling ??

BELMO

Is the step from Juniors to Adults too BIG ?? Many Junior and Youth bowlers around this country believe so, and i'm no different!

With a large number of good jnr bowlers coming through and many youth almost hunging the shoes due to unable to keep competing with the "big boys" or finding full time jobs...... its no wonder we are loosing great young and talented bowlers every year!

What the TBA has done has provided a stepping stone for those who are not ready to play the majors..... a youth division has been thrown in to help and allow these kids to improve and hopefully by the time they are 23 will have the balls and the skills to keep going!

But the sorry and sad thing these events really need more support in order to keep going!
The National Youth teams event taking place at Bankstown this week is the perfect stepping stone for us youth and i have no doubt that it can be and will be as big as the Junior President Shield and rockway Rachuig has been for all its years....

Although this years youth nationals may of been a little unorganised or numbers not quite full (with no tassie teams or NT girls), I hope the word gets out that this kind of a step is what Junior and Youth bowling needs! and like all tounies - practice makes perfect... in 2-3 years this tournament will be one that youth bowlers will strive to bowl in!

from hearing a comment or 2 about this week being a lil (well how do i put it) SILLY....it could get the reputation for being a flop when in reality it has been a success from every way you look at it!

With national youth events been held now more often and prize money has become alot more SEXIER there is no reason why numbers should be falling in this country.

as for me the more youth competetions the better.... the more bowling us youth get the better we become when its time we age out and have to start bowling agaisnt the Frawley's and the Trotters.

all in all..... THE STEP has now gotten a lot smaller...just hope the gap doesnt open up again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What this post is really here for is for me and the rest of Australia to hear the jnrs and youth any one else who may have an opinion about this topic....is it great or not so great and why!

LaaaaaaaaaaaaTer

Belmo and jez!

Back
Top Bottom