Australian Open Brackets

milkman

Brackets will be run at the 2002 AMF Australian Open at Highpoint this weekend. Cost is $10 per bracket, with the winner taking $50 per bracket, and second $20 per bracket.

How does brackets work?

Think of it like the quarter finals of tennis. 8 bowlers per bracket, and you get put against another bowler entered in the same bracket. Winner of the particular game moves forward to the next round, and gets put against a different winner of the previous round. Winners of the second round are the last two remaining, and play against each other for the 1st and 2nd prizes.

You can be bowling against someone at alternate ends of the house, or on the same pair, it doesnt matter. We will try and randomise the spot you are put it on the brackets form, to mix it up a little bit.

Wayne Chester and myself (Cameron Jenkins) will be running the brackets for this tournament. We will be running around before each squad getting peoples names, so please have your $$$ ready so we can get as many brackets happening as possible.

You should mention that you appear to be keeping one entry fee per bracket......
icon_razz.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

To answer Hasbeen.

Yes, we will be keeping $10 per bracket as our fee for all the running around collecting entries and scores. This is the "normal cut" for running brackets throughout the world.

I should mention that neither myself nor Cameron Jenkins will be allowed to enter ourselves into the bracket competition as doing so would only raise doubts amongst the bowlers.
We would like this to be "your" tournament within a tournament, where anyone can win as much money as they choose to win through multple bracket entries.

Back
Top Bottom