Attention Deadman Inc

i think manly might have it too after todays game
warriors gave it the game away pretty much
crap 5th tackle options
no ticker
and cowboys played average

daniel d

Cowboys will smash Manly next weekend, going by last year's results the teams with the weekend off lost, but not like will be the only reson for the cowboys win, 'coz cowboys are going to smash manly no matter what :D:D

PRELIMINARY FINAL - MANLY SEA EAGLES v NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS

Did you watch the game today Cam? People said the Cowboys can't win the comp because of their bad defensive record. Today the Warriors didn't score a point since the 16th minute and as far as the Warriors "throwing the game away", if you got foxtel make sure you watch the reply and see their kickers not being able to handle the pressure from the Cowboys defense. Watch the most inexperienced forward pack in the history of finals football outplay another international pack.

Manly, ok no doubt one of the top 2 teams in the comp. They will be a hell of a lot tougher to beat. But I'm as confident as much as I am nervous. Not as nervous as Manly's 2 die hard fans on this site after seeing the cowboys on a 7 game winning streak, defeating the Bulldogs twice in 2 weeks and destroying top 4 team the Warriors today.

C'MON THE COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohh the cowboys are running hot. Manly will not have what it takes to stop the thurston machine. What a player this guy is, with manly putting all its cards on Whatmo and Menzies I feel that Manly will be found wanting. Go the cowboys and whip em like never before. ;)

On the brighter side of things Cam, Mate I hear you can get a full refund from tickettek if your team doesn't make the Grandfinal, so it's all ok Cam.:D unless you still want to go and see Cowboys vs Storm at the GF.

i think manly might have it too after todays game
warriors gave it the game away pretty much
crap 5th tackle options
no ticker
and cowboys played average
daniel d

And what game were you watching the cowboys had it all over the warriors from the 15th min you are a clown if u think the warriors gave the game away.
The cowboys will smash the silvertails on saturday hahahahahahahaha manly in the grand final hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha cowboys by 16

And what game were you watching the cowboys had it all over the warriors from the 15th min you are a clown if u think the warriors gave the game away.
The cowboys will smash the silvertails on saturday hahahahahahahaha manly in the grand final hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha cowboys by 16
Mate thats exactly what I was thinking when I read his post. The Cowboys won 49-12 so if that scoreline suggests the "Cowboys played average", then I'd love to see what would happen if the Cowboys played awesome!! If your're a betting man how could you not put money on the Cowboys winning by 13+? Has anyone noticed how good Aaron Payne has been playing?? Everyones attention has been on Thurston and Bowen but this bloke has been killin' it at dummy-half.

I am really nervous though. Manly are such a great team, they are only 1 Matt Orford dive from making the Grand Final hahaha

And don't worry Cam, I think a Cowboys jersey would look good on you for the Grand Final. Cam the Cowboy, its got a ring to it

Dont count the chicken before they hatch, as Thurston might get brought up on dangerous lift for the takle in the 15th min.

For cowboys sake i hope he does not get brought up

Thurston faces one-match ban

September 17, 2007 NORTH Queensland skipper Johnathan Thurston is in danger of missing Saturday night's NRL preliminary final against Manly after being charged with a grade-one dangerous throw.

Thurston faces a one-match ban after being charged by the match review committee for his fifth-minute lifting tackle on New Zealand Warriors second-rower Wairangi Koopu on Sunday.

The Cowboys thumped the Warriors 49-12 at Dairy Farmers Stadium to book a clash against the Sea Eagles at Sydney Football Stadium, the winner to play either Melbourne or Parramatta in the grand final on September 30.

But Thurston will have to beat his dangerous-throw charge at the NRL judiciary to play on Saturday night, with an early guilty plea not enough to save him from suspension.

The grade one charge carries a 125-point penalty, but it is boosted to 150-points thanks to a 20 per cent loading from a striking charge in round three last year.

The early guilty plea would reduce that to a 112-point penalty, meaning a trip to NRL headquarters to fight the charge would be his only hope of taking on the Sea Eagles.

Thurston has been in sensational form for the injury-hit Cowboys, who despite the absence of five first-choice forwards set a new club record with their seventh straight win.

The Cowboys playmaker capped a brilliant season when he was named Dally M player of the year for the second time earlier this month, and his loss could prove to be an almost fatal blow to the Cowboys' premiership hopes.

Warriors forward Epalahame Lauaki was also charged after Sunday's match, but he will escape a ban by pleading guilty to a grapple tackle.

AAP
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How funny is it going to be to see Thirsty Thurston on the sideline when manly smash the cowboys. Some people would say its justice when u think about some of his past actions off the field. ;)

now they could be in trouble, mind u if he misses the game then it could be like the parra match when sbw got hurt

Well well looks like the Manly supporters are clinging to the only hope of winning, and thats getting thurston banned for the match, how ironic. I really hope he gets off, And can't wait to see the look on manly faces when he does.

Well well looks like the Manly supporters are clinging to the only hope of winning, and thats getting thurston banned for the match, how ironic. I really hope he gets off, And can't wait to see the look on manly faces when he does.

As for thurston if he plays manly win by a couple if he doesnt we pants them.
Unlike you big fella manly dont only cut it but are almost unbeatable on home turf and the SFS is our home region. :D

If Thurston is out, watch the ageless Jason Smith do his stuff. Watch Aaron Payne lead from the front and maul the Sea Eagles out of dummy half. And as far as Matty Bowen goes, well, all you have to do is watch.

If JT gets suspended the Cowboys will have nothing to lose. If he plays, they could put 50 on Manly.

If Thurston is out, watch the ageless Jason Smith do his stuff. Watch Aaron Payne lead from the front and maul the Sea Eagles out of dummy half. And as far as Matty Bowen goes, well, all you have to do is watch.

If JT gets suspended the Cowboys will have nothing to lose. If he plays, they could put 50 on Manly.

your deadset high

and u better watch the other no 1

you know the one who started in 2 origin games this year and is being tipped to be the kangaroos fullback

your deadset high
and u better watch the other no 1
you know the one who started in 2 origin games this year and is being tipped to be the kangaroos fullback

Steve Ricketts

September 15, 2007 12:00am

MATT Bowen's dream of playing Test football after a three-year exile is set to be realised.
Australian selector Des Morris last night confirming the Cowboys star is almost certain to play in the October 14 trans-Tasman clash in Wellington.

Bowen's only previous Test appearance was a one-off game against France in 2004.

NRL
Stewart by a nose
Jason Avedissian

13Sep07

MANLY flyer Brett Stewart is leading the race to claim the vacant Australian Test fullback jumper next month.

With Brisbane's Karmichael Hunt unavailable through injury, Stewart is vying for the position alongside North Queensland's Matt Bowen.

The Manly Daily understands Stewart needs to only continue his outstanding form over the closing weeks of the finals to get the nod.

The 22-year-old impressed Blues officials with his maturity and calmness when called in as a late replacement for the injured Anthony Minichiello during this year's State of Origin series.

The Warriors Wade McKinnon and Melbourne's Billy Slater are no hope.

Ex-Australian and Manly great Graham Eadie last night endorsed Stewart's selection for the one-off Test against the Kiwis on October 14.

``I think he's ready for international football,'' he said. ``After his debut in State of Origin I think he's football has come on in leaps and bounds. I'd pick him.''

Not surprisingly, Cowboys CEO Peter Parr said Bowen narrowly deserves the chance ahead of Stewart.

``It's pretty clear that Matt Bowen has been one of the most influential players in the competition this year,'' Parr said yesterday.

``Any fair-minded person will tell you Matt Bowen can do nothing more to secure an Australian jersey.

``If Brett Stewart got the jumper, people would be surprised, but I don't think they could argue it.''

``He (Stewart) has had an outstanding year and is a great player,'' Parr said.

Minichiello said it was hard to split the two custodians.

``It's definitely out of Brett and Matty Bowen,'' he said.

``He's (Stewart) played well this year and obviously when I pulled out of Origin he played the next two games and did a good job.''

If Stewart does get the chance to make his Test debut, he is set to join fellow Sea Eagles Brent Kite and Jamie Lyon in the Australian squad.

Club officials are also hopeful Anthony Watmough can claim a position.

So the battle continues after this Saturday. I think Matty Bowen will be selected because he was equal top try scorer for the season, has the ability to score a try from his own in-goal line as we have seen, he has kicked several 40/20s this year, he has kicked 3 field goals and his defense has improved 100%. Brett Stewart would be in any other national team no doubt, but another thing going in Bowens favour is his combination with Thurston.

Bowen a certainty as the Aussie custodian

Back
Top Bottom