ATBSO

DA BOY

The Secret Weapon
hey
does anyone know anything about who's in the team ,who isnt and what their average and pinfall ?

:) marsh :)

Still got 14 games to go..... apparently it was all fun and games in Launceston today (Sunday) with guys using plastic balls on a couple of lanes.

Gus, was that with the "Plummit", or the latest and not-so-greatest "Exstress"??

LOL - from what I heard, the problem wasn't with the machine, but the fact that Gus is getting absent minded in his old age :D :D

ALL,

The summit may have only oiled lane 10, THATS RIGHT ONLY ONE LANE!!, on the forward and reverse pass and may not have gone down for the 2nd run. I was talking at the time and could have missed that the machine didnt start off for the 2nd run by itself!! Honest mistake and anyone can make it, and when it brought it to our attention, I accepted responsibility for the fault, if I made it (it cant actually be proven to be human or mechanical!!).

Funny thing is though, I didnt see anyone using a plastic ball as such for strike shots, ONLY PARTICLE BALLS (DULL ONES TOO), on a lane that possibly only had 20 units of oil to 28ft. I did see some of the shots miss to the right aswell as to the left.

The Men only bowled 2 games on that 9-10 on Sunday anyways and Ted T bowled a 250+ so it wasnt impossible to score on it (it doesnt matter that he had 7 Brooklyns, still a 250 game). They always had the option of 1-2 if they wanted!!
(Just for the Record, the Women only bowled 1 Game there, I think)

The House pattern in General is a HARD 2:1 pattern, and thats just the way we want it. It was pointed out that they were different from the Friday Night to the Rolloffs. Well it was the same pattern, the only difference is the lanes are washed and oiled Saturday Morning for the Rolloffs when normally they arent at all. Anyone that has any understanding of how lane conditioning works will know that the more you wash a lane, with a HARD pattern, the HARDER/TIGHTER the shot becomes. E.g. FIQ and TBA Ranked Events. 1st day High Scores, 2nd 5 pins/ave less, 3rd 5 Pins Less again, so on and so on.

The pattern Reflects a Bowlers TRUE average and not an Inflated One.

The top 5 men all ave over 190 in a centre where there is only 2 House Bowlers over 190. So on that comparison, they did alright.

The scoring on Sunday was 600 pins less than the Saturday. So for 17 Bowlers bowling 7 Games each that works out to be 5 PINS each per game. ONE SPARE EACH!!!!!!!!!

In 2 Weeks they will bowl at Moonah and all ave 210+ each, so all will be forgotten and they will all have a Roll-off ave of 200+.

There is Only One TRUE 200+ Bowler in this state, and he still has about 12 years to go b4 he can bowl ATBSO!!!!

It has also not been said that I was delivered an ultimatum that if the lane pattern didnt change for the Teams Challenge in June, "Our Members" won't be bowling! (They Are CRAP were the words as I recall). Well, from a group of bowlers who have had GOOD but FAIR lane conditions at Launceston in the previous how many years, for ONE bad lane where TWO games were bowled, I didnt think that was very fair. I understood, but didnt think it was fair.

The pattern itself for the Teams Challenge WONT BE CHANGED, just the Volume of Oil Increased to the 24ft Mark.

I am not using this post to vindicate or justify my actions, but if I made a mistake I was, and always will be, the first to admit it. I am just merely making it a known fact that maybe myself/Launceston Bowl wasnt wholey and solely at fault here, and it is about time some bowlers in this state woke up to themselves that maybe they arent as accurate, roll the ball the same, or have the same ball speed, on each shot, like they think they do. BOWLING ON A DITCH EVERY WEEK WILL TEACH YOU BAD HABITS AND IS BAD FOR YOUR BOWLING. This I do know.

Bring on the Rachuig Trials so we can see if we can add some new phone numbers to the Phone Book.

Cheers

I was the bowler that used a plastic "Splash" for a strike shot a few frames in the last game played on 9 & 10. With hind sight I should have used it earlier in view of the condition on that pair, but then we all know that hind sight is a wonderful thing.

I don’t care about the pattern, it’s good if it’s consistent but there has to be sufficient oil for the modern ball….. they were not designed to work without it. I had no trouble with lanes 3 & 4, but the other pairs were all different, progressively drier until 9 & 10. I can assure you both 9 & 10 were very similar.

It's important not to over react after such an experience as last Sunday, I think a few of us were are bit shell shocked at the time. Although we are senior bowlers, we still have pride in the way we bowl, we are no different to anyone else, we enjoy the times we can shoot good scores and feel frustrated when we don’t score so well. But it was more a disappointment that we did not get what we should have got, and that was a reasonable condition……….after all we were only using 4 pairs so we must have been very unlucky that there was a variation between them all.

I feel sorry that so many people got upset. We bowl for the spirit of the competition and the enjoyment of being with good friends. It was fun to be with friends, it was just that the competition was spoilt. But it’s happened, so let's get on with life and look forward to better things next time.

Gus

Hope you know I was only playing round in my message. You know I am a big fan of your work (and your green pants :) ).

hey has anyone just got some results for the first weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:roll: marsh :roll:

ATBSO Results after 14 games

Mens Division
1} T.Tylutki ----- 2744 - 2674/14 at 191.00 {7-7-0}
2} R.Youd ------- 2741 - 2651/14 at 189.36 {9-5-0}
3} R.Radcliffe ---- 2729 - 2649/14 at 189.21 {8-6-0}
4} W.Glover ------ 2686 - 2626/14 at 187.57 {6-8-0}
5} J.Phillips ------- 2665 - 2575/14 at 183.93 {9-5-0}
6} R.Tilla --------- 2644 - 2554/14 at 182.43 {9-5-0}
7} C.Males ------- 2452 - 2392/14 at 170.86 {6-8-0}

Womens Division
1} S.Bowe ------- 2717 - 2597/14 at 185.50 {12-2-0}
2} N.Heth -------- 2524 - 2464/14 at 176.00 {6-8-0}
3} M.Dangerfield -- 2520 - 2445/14 at 174.64 {7-6-1}
4} L.Zambotti ----- 2444 - 2354/14 at 168.14 {9-5-0}
5} E.Tylutki ------- 2414 - 2334/14 at 166.71 {8-6-0}
6} V.Beattie ------ 2376 - 2321/14 at 165.79 {5-8-1}
7} J.Cashion ------ 2304 - 2274/14 at 162.43 {3-11-0}

There ya go Marshall :wink:

I think everyone has gone a little over the top here. Launceston's worst condition would be 10 times better than Devonport's general condition. launceston consistently puts down more oil than any other centre in the state ....... but still not nearly as much as on the mainland so be careful what you wish for.

I also find it a little amusing for Hobart bowlers to complaining about Lonny's dry lanes ...... I can not even remember the last time I came down and bowled on oil in Hobart.

But that's getting off the subject, Gus is right in saying that there are only 3 bowlers I believe who currently average above 190 in Launceston - 4 at the most. So the averages look pretty ok to me. They are certainly not the most difficult & dry lanes I have bowled on it's just that you need to be accurate & consistent & spare well ...... do all that well & you will be over the card and that's the way it should be!

No matter what the condition, the cream always rises to the top.

The list above, is that the total number of bowlers trying out? 8 men. 7 women?

Back
Top Bottom