Association Challenge

As Captain of the Gold Coast men’s team, I thought it appropriate if I respond to Andrew’s statement on behalf of the team.

He is correct in the fact that the men's team this year will be adhering to the “ONE” drink rule at the function.

All I need to do now is to remember where the “Jeroboam” sized bottle of Penfold’s BIN 389 (vintage) is in my wine cellar and I will be well sorted. ;):av-31:

I do believe other male team members and indeed some of out ladies team will bring their one drink with them (bottle of Vodka, Jack, Bundy etc). :theBar::5shotss:

I also have heard from a reliable source that the bar will adequately stocked in Raspberry Cruzers for the Caboolture team ;)

As to whether or not “Jim’s” BAR will be in full operation this year, you can bet on it I have been stocking up for the last 10 months just for the challenge weekend.

Now if the topless barmaid sponsorship comes off, it’s going to be huge

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Raspberry Cruzers will do fine for the Caboolture team (mens) as it has worked extremely well in past years .... however, the women's team is a different matter altogether - one we know of is a XXXX fan, others has varied and very couth tastes and will adhere to the 'drink as much as you like policy'. A couple are avid red wine buffs so Jimbo, please check out your cellar.

Has the dinner venue been warned about the 'SIRS' etc.and especially the BIG KNIGHT ? They could be in for a big cultural shock down there in white shoe brigade country.

Flower

Hey Captain Jim.
I know some barMEN that are quite used to working topless if its any help. The rest of you may not agree, but I've always thought they've looked good at work. LOL
And raspberry is a bit too butch for Meadsy, I think he's more in to the pretty yellow and purple cruisers.

Raspberry Cruzers will do fine for the Caboolture team (mens) as it has worked extremely well in past years .... however, the women's team is a different matter altogether - one we know of is a XXXX fan, others has varied and very couth tastes and will adhere to the 'drink as much as you like policy'. A couple are avid red wine buffs so Jimbo, please check out your cellar.

Has the dinner venue been warned about the 'SIRS' etc.and especially the BIG KNIGHT ? They could be in for a big cultural shock down there in white shoe brigade country.

Flower

White shoe brigade?
I heard the Caboolture Womens Team Caravan Park dwellers are intending to make their own fashion statement in white...

Dunno about caravan park dwellers.........;)

and thank you Jimbo....youknowwho is looking forward to a cruiser or two.........if you can't get raspberry, then green lime is good too!! :)

Baxter, I know that we ladies don't mind the eyecandy either.........

Mary

No need to worry about the eye candy for the girls, the Gold Coast men's team will be there.

As to the availability of xxxx at Jim's bar, unfortunately due to the enforcement of good taste bylaws and the trade description act NO XXXX beer will be available. ;)
However if you wish to partake in the consumption of quality, imported and Australian beers these will be in ready supply. :drunk:
:D

FYI here are the complete Squad Listings for all Associations.

Attachments

• Team Formation page 1.doc
    95.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Team Formation page 2.doc
    155 KB · Views: 149
  • Team Formation Page 3.doc
    163.5 KB · Views: 117
Hey Mr Shinnie,
You might want to check with Toowoomba re their mens team. I'm pretty sure 2 of those guys are injured and won't be bowling.

Thanks Darryl but at this stage I can only pass on the official teams as submitted by their Associations.

The competitors booklet has now been printed - you can see a preview at State this weekend - and any alterations will be presumably submitted at the Managers meeting on the Friday night.

I also hear that Agent Morty has sustained an injury forcing his withdrawal from State, hope he recovers in time for the Challenge.

The Centre has struck a practice rate of $5.00 a game on Friday night after the league finishes which is usually around 8.15pm. 5 game blocks can be purchased for $22.50.
You will need to book though as the Centre is usually pretty busy at this time.
An added bonus is that the scenery can be quite spectacular especially if the Sea World crowd comes in...

Can anyone please help out with the location of the Womens Team Hi Game Trophy - won last year by Brisbane?
Thought to have been at Aspley but no longer there.

Back
Top Bottom