ASPLEY RESULTS 17th/18th April 2010

FLOWER

Attaching results for Aspley where some awesome games were bowled this weekend - 2 x 300 gms. - Daniel Smith and Alicia Melton ($100 each from Vic Wilkins Landscapes), 248.5 average bowled by Brian Looby which gave him the treble in Hcp, Scratch and Scratch Pool, 247.5 average bowled by Alicia Melton which ONLY gave her 2nd place Hcp and top of the Scratch Puffs, a great block of 299.279 by Ian Phelan and quite a few personal bests.

However, not taking away anything from those bowlers, great efforts on the part of Aaron Baker and Matthew Pattiona to finish in 2nd and 3rd places followed by Micheal Matthey and 2009 Bowler of the Year, Peter Mifsud. Bowlers in the cash (24 places) came from all over Sth. Qld. with all Assns. represented .... makes for an interesting Assn. Challenge in June. Well done to some of the more senior bowlers in the $$$, Matt Que (9th), Terry Yendle (10th), Ross Patching (13th), Jak Mac (23rd). Dad Acworth (Kingaroy) was the final $$$ place. Some of the Tour's youngsters are really stepping up so it was good to see a real mixture of averages, age groups and squads in the money.

Great effort from 'young chick' Katrina Carr to head the Puffs Hcp. division - she bowled 25.7 above her average to hold off Alicia Melton's awesome 247.4ave by only 3 pins Hcp. Consistent 'old girl' from Ipswich, Phil Hurst, came in 3rd with local girl, Taya Reggars in 4th. New bowler, Samantha Pearson was happy with her 5th and much improved, Donna Adams keeps up her good work. After a 5yr. break, Kristy Thompson returned to cash along with another improving bowler, Shirley Johnston and Yo-Yo Hodnett from Caboolture was the last casher in the Puffs.

Alicia streeted the Puffs Scratch from Taya 213.3 and Mel Acworth 205.9 in
3rd. Bek Meads and Kristy took the other 2 places paid.

Scratch Pool attracted 22 bowlers for a Pool of $440 and added to 'Looby Carry' and his bank account.

Many thanks to Aspley Bowl, to the ever present TEAM and to the bowlers of the Tour, who continue to show enthusiasm and good spirits. Our SPONSORS are loyal and there would be a 'no show' without them. Please visit the Tour website www.twintour.com.au to check them out.

Attachments

• ASPLEY - BALLS HCP.pdf
    63.2 KB · Views: 97
  • ASPLEY - BALLS SCR..pdf
    62.7 KB · Views: 115
  • ASPLEY - SCRATCH POOL.pdf
    44.1 KB · Views: 47
  • ASPLEY - PUFFS HCP.pdf
    58.1 KB · Views: 76
  • ASPLEY - PUFFS SCR..pdf
    57.3 KB · Views: 69
Anyone wishing to have their Prize money kept for next Tour Stop at Logan on 5th/6th June, transferred to their accounts (send BSB, Account number and Name) or snail mail cheque, please contact me.

Mary Flower
Ph: 3865 8887
email: [email protected]
Do not post details on this forum but you may PM me.
(Thanks again to Total Bowling - we need you!)

My squad and result policeman, Fred Desmier, has pointed out that the 'cut and paste' in the Balls Scratch is WRONG !!! Does not alter any placings but puts Ron Warmington in 13th AND 74th (only had 73 bowlers!) Thank you Fred and Ron will now miss points for his last place ........

Flower

Thanks Fred,
I could have got something extra here that I didnt expect,
I do rely on honesty though.........
I will keep the 13th scratch
Cheers Mary.

Back
Top Bottom