Andrew Tonkin 300 at Epping

Congratulations to our Team member Andrew Tonkin on throwing the first ever 300 at Epping.

Ironically it was in the Bowling Balls Australia Scratch Singles and bowled on the PBA Viper Pattern.

Well done mate on all accounts.

Max and your team-mates.
NB> I do believe Dillan threw a 290 at you last game and beat you for the series though AND took your money? ;-}

The Tonx!

In fine form I see...
Congratulations mate!!
Now do some work off the lanes and put some holes in those balls of mine ;)

All the best.
The Jen.

Max: thanks for stealing my thunder! lol

On behalf of Oz Tenpin, I would like to congratulate Andrew Tonkin on bowling the first 300 game at Oz Tenpin Epping.

This was done in the BBA Scratch Singles league tonight bowling on the PBA Viper pattern. Andrew was using an Ebonite Angular One ball.

Unfortunatley he followed this game up with what can only be described as a couple of "I don't care" games for an "ordinary" 673 series!

Well done also to Dillan De Mather who bowled a nice 290 game to finish off his 730 series and take the money! It is Dillan's 3rd 700 series in this league bowling on PBA patterns. A shame he couldn't do better in the tournament!

Unfortunatley he followed this game up with what can only be described as a couple of "I don't care" games for an "ordinary" 673 series!
Well done also to Dillan De Mather who bowled a nice 290 game to finish off his 730 series and take the money! It is Dillan's 3rd 700 series in this league bowling on PBA patterns. A shame he couldn't do better in the tournament!
Was a nice game by Tonx tonight.. shame he couldn't put it together for a better series, but im always happy to take his money. lol
I did alright in the sports tourny thanks Lukey, qualified equal 4th. I was just trying to set up the Tothie v Tonx grudge match in the step ladder, but like always Tothie would have no part of it. That and standing round for 4 hours to bowl one game is not easy!

Cheers
Dillan

Dillan, fair enough..... and we all know that Tonx is a 1 game wander... he bowls 1 good game then wanders off somewhere!

Well done mate. Congratulations.

Probably wandered off to the bar for a celebration drink (probably 12th for the night at that time......one for every strike)

Michael and Crystal

Well done Tonx if I do say so myself I was bowling on the pair with him killed me as I went a 144 game

Congrats it must have been that chilli con carne we had for Dinner that gave you the mantelligence

You deserve the Pie & jim beam for a laid back night

Now lets see a few more tomorrow at Columbia Youth Cup.

Rebecca Faure

Ahhhh congratulations there Tonx, keep up the good work.
Also great job by Dillan too :)

Well done Tonx on the first eva 300 at Epping.
Well deserved.
Keep up the great bowlin 2day. Gud luck.
We hope 2 see more from u.
Take care n see u sunday nite
Cheers

Tonx - well done on your 300. My man boobies man ;)
Dillan - well done on your 290 - Not bad for a 184 average :D
Ps. Dillan - You were out bowled in the tourny by 2 old men.
How bad did you feel. LOL. :p

Your right hes not lol

I never believed it either, but then he goes and does it... and on a PBA pattern too! As everyone at the Sport Series can vouch, the first game on these patterns isn't exactly the easiest time to score high. Can't put this one down as a "ditched 300" like so many others.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the first 300 shot on a "sports" condition in Australia?

Tonx, well done on your 300 at Epping mate. I am sure Jenny will be happy, it's always a bit of a monkey on a centre's back until they get the first one! Hope you can knock up another one at Altona in September.
Luke,
In answer to your question, I think you might need to do some research, but here is some information to help you find the answer. Orignally PBA patterns were not deeemed as sport patterns so they can be used in the USBC sport and PBA experience leagues. USBC determined a sport pattern had a ratio of 2:1 or 3:1 depending on the lane surface type and the age. In January, USBC changed the specification ratios to allow all PBA patterns to be deemed as sport patterns. Based on this information, USBC deem a sport pattern to be 3:1 (subject to meeting tapes and fluid reading tests and guidelines) In the past, several TBA ranked events were deemed to have a 3:1 pattern (Allegedly) so under USBC guidelines these would be deemed as sport patterns! Now the question is, do we believe these TBA ranked events really conform to USBC 3:1 standards, and if the answer is yes, who has shot 300 at these events?

Back
Top Bottom