AMF Illawarra - 300's galore!

Rowey the li'l lefty

Your daily dose of random
I'm not entirely sure if these have been made mention of, but I'd just like to make mention of the huge scoring that has been happening of late at AMF Illawarra.

Manfred Jankowski and Sam Cooley have both notched up 1 300 game respectively in the past few months, with Sam's coming against myself in the Wednesday Scratch Trios with the Storm Anarchy I believe (correct me if I am wrong) a week and a half ago, and Manfred's not too long ago in the Wednesday Premier League with an Ebonite Vital Energy.

Terry Bissell has managed 2 300's, both within Friday Singles and both were bowled with bowling balls from the Black Widow series (Black Widow original and Pearl).

But here is the big news. Neil Donnelly! The Don as many of us know him by has managed to rack up countless amounts of 300's in the past few months. So many so that I believe he is up to about...6 or 7 now? Correct me if I am wrong guys and gals but I believe all have been bowled within this year!?

Neil has not only managed it once, but has managed to bowl 2 300's in the same week twice! One pair of those 300's was back-to-back (last game of Wednesday Scratch Trios, first game of Friday Singles) with Neil managing 2 300's this week just gone, with one 300 in each league respectively. Neil's 300's have all been with Storm Gear (Paradigm Domination, Prodigy and Anarchy of recent). I'd like to once again wish the Don a huge congratulations, as well as the other 300 shooters. Scoring has been phenomenal!

Cheers,

Rowey :p

Rowey, I did some research, here are the Dates for the 9 300s at Illawarra this year...

14/01/2011 - Terry Bissell - Friday Singles

04/02/2011 - Terry Bissell - Friday Singles

09/02/2011 - Neil Donnelly - Wednesday Scratch Trios

25/02/2011 - Neil Donnelly - Friday Singles

02/03/2011 - Manfred Jankowski - Premier

02/03/2011 - Neil Donnelly - Wednesday Scratch Trios

06/04/2011 - Sam Cooley - Wednesday Scratch Trios

13/04/2011 - Neil Donnelly - Wednesday Scratch Trios

15/04/2011 - Neil Donnelly - Friday Singles

wonder if neil is bored?

thats not meant to be an offensive message either, but 5x300's in 2 months... id give it away :)

Ummmm ! Too Easy is the term you are looking for Jim

I know I Bowl there every week

Any centre where you can miss left and right of your target 10 boards and still hit pocket is too easy, but I recall someone telling me that the new manager of Illawarra was told not to let anyone there change the pattern

AMF wants these scores because it attracts bowlers and keeps the average league bowler happy. This has all been done to death before.

Until the people who run AMF start looking after the sport instead of their pockets nothing will change.

AMF wants these scores because it attracts bowlers and keeps the average league bowler happy. This has all been done to death before.

Until the people who run AMF start looking after the sport instead of their pockets nothing will change.

I know this subject has been beaten to death somewhat but.........

Isn't AMF doing the sport a favour by running profitable centres? Therefore keeping the doors open, getting more people involved in the sport through leagues and then trying to keep them involved in leagues. They also seem to support the tournament scene quite a bit imo. If centres start closing because they aren't profitable what do you think is going to happen to our sport?

The problem imo is not so much high scoring leagues or centres, it is educating the typical league bowler about lane conditions etc etc and then encouraging them to take the next step to sports patterns and tournaments. This is the way we will grow the sport side of bowling imo, not making league conditions tougher.

I know this subject has been beaten to death somewhat but.........

Isn't AMF doing the sport a favour by running profitable centres? Therefore keeping the doors open, getting more people involved in the sport through leagues and then trying to keep them involved in leagues. They also seem to support the tournament scene quite a bit imo. If centres start closing because they aren't profitable what do you think is going to happen to our sport?

The problem imo is not so much high scoring leagues or centres, it is educating the typical league bowler about lane conditions etc etc and then encouraging them to take the next step to sports patterns and tournaments. This is the way we will grow the sport side of bowling imo, not making league conditions tougher.

You completely missed the point.

AMF are not trying to help bowling, they are there to make a profit. Simple. All the rest of it is just the joke they create by running the business the way they do.

G'Day All,

I have taken to shaking Neil's hand before he bowls each Friday. To be honest, Neil has been bowling a really good shot of late. Pretty accurate, nothing fluky in it.

Terry's shot has also been pretty good, I saw his last 300. Nothing to complain about, all good shots.

To Fred, I was so excited for him, that was his first. He was on the pair of lanes Dad bowled the first 300 in Australia on back in 1963. So he has waited a long time for that first one.

First 300 is always one to remember John and regardless of the condition whoever bowls it deserves to enjoy the moment. I have always said that and I hope Fred enjoyed his.

You completely missed the point.

AMF are not trying to help bowling, they are there to make a profit. Simple. All the rest of it is just the joke they create by running the business the way they do.

I thought the purpose of running any business was to make a profit. And judging by AMF's(AAD) half year profit report they are currently doing a good job of it. They have shareholders to look after and for businesses like AMF making a profit is the single most important thing or they go and invest in something else, I'm not sure what people expect. AMF at least pumps some money back into the sport via sponsorship (think Aust Masters), they also invest in the sport by opening new centres. You are never going to get the same sort things from a centre run by a big business compared to a family run centre.

I thought the purpose of running any business was to make a profit. And judging by AMF's(AAD) half year profit report they are currently doing a good job of it. They have shareholders to look after and for businesses like AMF making a profit is the single most important thing or they go and invest in something else, I'm not sure what people expect. AMF at least pumps some money back into the sport via sponsorship (think Aust Masters), they also invest in the sport by opening new centres. You are never going to get the same sort things from a centre run by a big business compared to a family run centre.

Yes, the purpose of any business is to make money and AMF does it. Only idiots believe they do it for the good of bowling. The new centres they open are not pumping money into the sport, they are an investment to make even more money.

AMF is doing nothing other than making money from bowling yet people stick up for them. Amazing.

Yes, the purpose of any business is to make money and AMF does it. Only idiots believe they do it for the good of bowling. The new centres they open are not pumping money into the sport, they are an investment to make even more money.

AMF is doing nothing other than making money from bowling yet people stick up for them. Amazing.

Why is it AMF's job to grow bowling or do anything other then make money from it? Only idiots believe otherwise. Opening new centres at least creates a opportunity to bring new people to bowling, the challenge is then to turn some of those people into league bowlers and then league bowlers to tournament bowlers and I'm not sure that should be AMF's responsibility.

I would've thought the onus of growing the sport side of bowling falls on the TBA.

Back
Top Bottom