AMF FALSE ADVERTISING

grinny1

grinny
AMF advertise airconditioned comfort but when you turn up to bowl the temp inside the centre is hotter than the outside temp. When you question staff the response you get is the air conditioners are working when every body knows full well that they are not. Then the response from the bowl is that it is not their problem it is the owner of the buildings responsibility to fix the air conditioners, My question as the company advertising air conditioned comfort is it not AMF's responsibility to provide a safe and comfortable enviroment for the people who bowl there, and is it not false advertising to advertise air conditioned comfort on all their advertising. this has been going on far to long at our centre and after enduring plus 40 degree tempratures inside the bowl tonight and expecting probably the largest and strongest league in melbourne to bowl in these conditions I feel something had to be said, Fix the air coditioners and send the bill to the owner of with hold rent as with any lease agreements there is many ways to recoupe the costs either way why should we as bowlers be expected to bowl and to pay full price for such appalling conditions.

valid points but the air conditoners aren't going to work efficiently when bowl is full of "sweaty" people. We had same at Narre last night and I would suggest that all bowling centres had similiar conditions in which to bowl in last night, no bowl's air conditioning units would be able to cope too well with the current extreme heat conditions we are experiencing. A more realistic approach might be to wait until next week when weather is below 40 at least and see if there are still problems before making an issue out of it...
just my thoughts!

Do you know how long it takes for an airconditioning system to change a full body of air from a building. When you have 60 or 70 people all arrive at the one place at the same time all very very hot what do you think happens. The temp of the room goes up accordingly. You are then all actively involved trying to knock down pins. It is not unusual for a temp to rise by 10 to 15 degs as a league starts. It thne takes an hour or 2 for the system to balance out the temps again. If yuor so concerned about bowling in the inviroment i suggest you stay home in your airconditioned comfort. I bowled last night and sure it was hot but i had a choice as do you. If you dont like it stay home.

Just my thoughts

Just drink more to cool the body down, works for me......Actually that works whether the air con works or not, summer or winter

I agree with you Brett and i think so do alot of others, there were plenty of grumpy people there last night.

I have bowled at Frankston when they had 2 portable air conditioners in working and was still very hot, Dandenong only had 1 portable A/c last night to try and do 24 lanes.

Just recently they have had a new A/C system fitted and the place is very cool now, maybe Dandenong can talk to Frankston and find out how they went about fixing it.

You only need one person to suffer heat exhaustion to sue the company.

This is my 2 cents worth....

Alan Notman

I agree that the air conditioners take time to adjust but that would mean that they would have to work in the first place which they dont at dandenong when people firdt arrived last night all yhe lights were out in the place and it was plus 40 degrees inside the centre before we started and we were also the first league in the place so as i say not air conditioned comfort as amf state had the air conditioners been working to start with the centre would have been a lot cooler to start with and then it would have been a gradual increase in temp throughout the night which in turn would have been bearable

if it was 40 deg plus in a bowling centre that had an out of order a/con i would go back home whats more important your own health or bowling??

For the bowl to have the temperature down low enough that it could have a "gradual increase in temp" and end up acceptable, you'd probably complain it was too cold.

In any case, what do you hope to accomplish with this thread?

I had a friend drop over recently after practicing at the local house. He was drenched in sweat despite it being a quite mild day and new air con having been installed less than a year ago.

I guess they took the cheapest quote...

more than welcome to come bowl at my centre (or at least come and find out what our a/c system is) inside, no one bowling its 20 deg constantly, most we have on the lanes is 48 and it goes up to a bearable 30 or so before cooling down again bout the 2nd game.
while melbourne has a cool change coming, we poor western nsw have no relief in sight. next 10 days planned to be no less than 41 (already had 6 days of 40+) with this wed tipped to be 47!!! Will actually be interesting to see how the system holds up. In saying this though, when the system goes, everyone knows about it!!!

Well IMO, if you cant keep up your fluids well enough on your own accord to cope with the heat whilst bowling, that is your own fault. Sure it may be warm, but like everyone, you made the decision to head out there and bowl.

I'd imagine that the bowlers from back in the 40's 50's and 60's never really complained. They would hae toughed it out. Added another 'element' to the game as such.

People have become far to complacent with the norm these days. Coming in on a hot day and expecting it to be like a fridge/freeza for the comfort they think they deserve, and when that norm getts tweaked a bit everyone complains.

7 words sum this up.

"Build a bridge and get over it"

nobody is expecting it to be freezing only mildly comfortable, and being a contracted rebate league you are required by the bowl to pay full amount even if you dont bowl so therefore if the league does not bowl we have to pay lineage for 96 bowlers so dont you think we have the right to some moderacy of comfort

I've also got seven words. Stop giving excuses and fix it now before someone dies!! Some of their air conditioners are just plain old. You can only milk an old cow so much. I believe it comes under customer service and customer comfort. If the condition is too humid or too hot to bowl why not shut the bowl all together rather than endangering human lives?
Regards,
Alex

Watched the Nadal match last night... 5hrs+ at 30 degrees with no airconditioning. I think these guys expend a little bit more energy than your average league bowler. Given how physically demanding our sport is, I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill.
I the famous words of chopper... Harden the (insert word) up.

Comparing professional tennis players to league bowlers is a bit of a unfair justification isnt it, considering its their job to play tennis to pay their bills, we bowl for fun and to pay the bowling alleys bills so hardly a fair comparison

Well all I can say it was DAM hot at dandy last week. Look at it this way if its going to be 30 degrees we will cruise thru the night !!!

I would think that they would have to change the cooling system...

Hang on those who have posted about the aircon taking its tome to do a large area as a bowl. It was on all day !!!!! 43 degrees remember.:(:(:(

Back
Top Bottom