600 pin rule enforced

baron

I see the Rachuig boffins in their infinite wisdom have enforced the little known rule where if a team finishes 600 pins behind the leaders they are entitled to a one game roll off to give them an extra chance of claiming the title. Absolute stroke of genius!! Baron

ps Now I know how Brendan Fevola must have felt when Hawthorn robbed him of his 100th goal

Wonderful. You're rewarded for failure. Is the NRL running tenpin bowling in Australia now?

Rewarding mediocrity

Little bit the same as drafting for team events - if the players you have are not good enough, either bowl a player short or teach/coach/educate/train someone to be good enough.........

In NO OTHER SPORT in the world does this happen, and this is part of the reason why our sport will not be taken seriously by those who award grants etc.

Max

Maybe I'm missing something here....Weren't the two teams tied in points after the 18 games, thus requiring a roll-off in order to determine the champion?

Rewarding mediocrity
Little bit the same as drafting for team events - if the players you have are not good enough, either bowl a player short or teach/coach/educate/train someone to be good enough.........
In NO OTHER SPORT in the world does this happen, and this is part of the reason why our sport will not be taken seriously by those who award grants etc.
Max

My opinion is that the draft is necessary to keep certain state teams alive and in the competition. The sport will not be taken any more seriously if the main state team competition only had certain privileged states participating. A lot of the time it comes back down to a simple numbers problem. Take NT for example - I think they do an amazing job numbers wise with how many bowling centres they have.

Anyway back to the point of the post. I was disappointed the WA men lost the one game play off - they had easily proven themselves the best scoring team there. I don't agree with the rule and was actually always of the belief that if points were tied, the winner was decided on pinfall and think this is much more logical. But the rules were followed so I guess that's it... Although hopefully this rule will be looked at in the not too distant future!

Thats right both teams were tied in points. Rules state if there's a tie, another game is bowled to break that tie. Just like in all masters events.

As I have always said, bring back peterson points for pinfall.

Who would have won then!

Cheers

Tony

I agree, it should have been based on the highest pinfall, that would be the more derserving way in my oppinion, but rules are rules guys. Nothing can be done about it.

Firstly let me say congratulations to NSW on their win, and commisserations to WA who bowled spectacularly for the whole 3 days.

I totally agree with Strop, bring back petersen points.

I really think this is the best and fairest system possible and ensures that the best team for the three days will always win. It also places greater emphasis on some of the fundamentals of our game like sparing, and creates a greater "team environment" (e.g. a bowler may have lost their head to head match, but the team encourage him to knock down as many pins as possible to snare another point for the team)

Just my 2c worth

Cheers

Steve :cool:

I see the Rachuig boffins in their infinite wisdom have enforced the little known rule where if a team finishes 600 pins behind the leaders they are entitled to a one game roll off to give them an extra chance of claiming the title. Absolute stroke of genius!! Baron
ps Now I know how Brendan Fevola must have felt when Hawthorn robbed him of his 100th goal

Why do you call this a little known rule?

It states quite clearly that in the event of a tie there will be a play-off. The Tournament Director has done the right thing and followed the rules. He cant change them just to suit WA.

Thats right both teams were tied in points. Rules state if there's a tie, another game is bowled to break that tie. Just like in all masters events.

Wrong, in this years masters there was a tied points game in the 2nd round of the Womens Division.

Kara Truilcio and Brenda Carr had both won 2.5 points each and Brenda was given the win over Kara as she had the higher pinfall (1083 - 1043)

I would have to say that the play off game was better for the sport. The crowd that gathered for the title game was more than all three days, all the players and managers, and spectators gathered in and around the playing area to cheer on their respective teams, or who they wanted to win.

This made Rachuig exciting and intense. It's about winning your points and even though you have lost your match it makes you bag out the tenth to help the team for the series points. You want pinfall to decide the title, you lose all excitement and intense and passionate competition between each state and NZ. The format has to stay the way it is.

I would like to finish with GO THE BLUES!

Wrong, in this years masters there was a tied points game in the 2nd round of the Womens Division.
Kara Truilcio and Brenda Carr had both won 2.5 points each and Brenda was given the win over Kara as she had the higher pinfall (1083 - 1043)

Would be nice if there was a stanard rule.

Funny how when you went onto tenpin.org.au to look at the rules of Rachuig.
You could open every other section except the Rachuig rules. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yeah thanks Andrew.

Opened up ok tonight. Friday & Saturday the same section wouldnt open though.

I think that 'allocated points' rubbish can go jump too but that prob deserves a thread on its own

Winning games is what its all about in most teams events, for eg.

Team 1 has 5 guys with 200 - 1000
Team 2 has 4 guys with 190 and one with 250 - 1010

4 points to 3, do this all tournament and the TEAM with the most games won will win, its the way it should be, rewarding the more consistent WINNERS. Should we really think, Oh the other team scored more, so we will give the tournament to them!

Just what I think about team events anyway. there other events for the highest scorer wins type.

Winning games is what its all about in most teams events, for eg.

Maybe so

So here team 1 wins all there games shooting 160's

Team 2 loses all there games on 200's.

So obviously team 1 is the better team! Right!

To me it's not just winning games but a factor of scoring as well.

Combination.

The most consistent over 18 games now.

If scoring doesn't come into it then ..........Why bother with All Star teams.
Do away with them!!!
Just have all star teams who won the most points........
Even if he did only average 160's

cheers

Tony

Back
Top Bottom