600 pin rule enforced

Yeah but if you consitantly bowl 160's most likely your not going to win more games than the team bowling the 200's anyway, so yes scoring will eventually come into it somewhat.

To me allstars is a bonus at the end, especially you are a WINNING team member :)

Whilst I am obviously estatic about winning another Rachuig for NSW, I do feel sorry for the guys from WA. They did bowl the best scores consistently throughout the 3 days as the Allstar scores would suggest. However, since the removal of Peterson Points some time ago (to stop teams running away with the tournament and keeping teams closer till the end) Rachuig is now all about WINNING GAMES!! Last year we had the 3rd lowest pinfall and won convincingly. Brenton Davey (who knows a thing or two about Rachuig) was in awe of our efforts.
The bottom line is whilst the last two years NSW hasn't shot the greatest numbers, we have won more games or in this years case the same amount. Without doubt, the experience of Sam Romeo was our X factor in not only keeping us in striking distance of WA but when it was all on the line in game 18 he kept us beliving that we could do it, and we did.
Sport is littered with accounts of teams who may not be the most dynamic or explosive but somehow pull it out when it counts to come away with the victory.
I make no appologies in saying I think NSW had the perfect blend of great youthful talent and a leadership group full of experience and in the end in my view that was the difference.
I'm sure the boys from the west will be hurting for some time, which will only make them harder to overcome next year.

Your NRL team wins everygame 40-0, except the ones to my team. My team wins every game 6-0.

My team wins. It's not about how much you knock over, just that you knock over more then the other blokes on YOUR PAIR.

You think Korea was happy about losing the Team Medal in Thailand to the USA in a 9th and 10th frame roll off after steamrolling them in the qualifying? Nope. But it happened.

At the end of the day, NSW won more points then anyone else. Which, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is the whole point of Rachuig.
Congratulations boys on defending the title!

And Max, I'm pretty sure that in regards to drafting system. Everyother Sport pays quite well to move to another city to play the game. Ask David Beckham. Tenpin Bowling in Australia does not pay. The draft keeps these competitions running and keeps them exciting. I look forward to having my first Draft experience this year with the Tasmania Youth Team.

Cow

i think we are all forgetting something. the main point of bowling is to knock the pins over and in the end, the person who knocked down more pins is declared the victor. so just because a team can bowl good in one game, but still average 190 for the rest compared to a team that bowls bad for 1 game and averages 200 for the rest shouldnt mean that the 190 team should win. this defeats the main purpose of the game by knocking over pins because if you knock over less pins, how can you win?

Cow
You will love the experience bowling with Tassie I was a rachuig draft this year and had the best time ever

Kerri

I am sorry, but everyone has nominated to participate for their state by rolling off, they know the rules and the format of the tournament, its not like it was a sudden rule change at the last minute and some national conspiracy to go against a particular state. The tournament whilst previously based on points plus pinfall (and IMO I liked this better before everyone brings the hate), is now a points based system.
People have mentioned that bowling should be about pinfall and whilst partly true, how many tournaments not just here but around the world involve some sort of matchplay scenario, points scenario or have a pinfall tally but the winner decided by a stepladder even if first is 1 million sticks in front?
The recent US vs Europe teams event is decided on points, even our masters is based loosely on this. How many times do you see some bowler shoot 1200 for 5 game but to lose to another bowler that only shoots 1000 for the 5 but happens to win 3 games to 2? How is this any different?
Maybe I am a bit left field here, but all the bowlers that participated knew the format, knew it was based on points and that is it. It sucks when one team smashes the field but if what they are doing doesn't provide success according to the format and rules then that is the way it goes. Whilst I have a preference as stated previously to the old format, is it not part of this tournament that you are pitting bowlers against each other in a matchplay format and the purpose is to win games?
I am not saying people and their opinions are wrong but the format is what it is, people know about it and instead of whinging and carrying on, why not lobby the rule makers and see what happens?

.............the format is what it is, people know about it and instead of whinging and carrying on, why not lobby the rule makers and see what happens?

Perfectly said.
Everybody went into the tournament knowing exactly what the rules were, and what the scoring system was. It's a head to head competition and a win is worth 1 point whether you win by 100 pins or just 1

Graeme

the matchplay format is much more exciting but perhaps high team scoring could be rewarded eg: if a team bowls 100 pins over the card get an extra point if 200 pins over get 2 points this way good bowling is rewarded
WELL DONE NSW!!!

i think we are all forgetting something. the main point of bowling is to knock the pins over and in the end, the person who knocked down more pins is declared the victor. so just because a team can bowl good in one game, but still average 190 for the rest compared to a team that bowls bad for 1 game and averages 200 for the rest shouldnt mean that the 190 team should win. this defeats the main purpose of the game by knocking over pins because if you knock over less pins, how can you win?

The main point of MOST singles competition yes. (The exception is in some masters. Junior Nationals and Adult Nationals are both examples. I lost in the 2004 Junior Nationals by bowling 'better' but not winning the games. Should I have gone through? No, the format said the first person to win three games, is the winner. I came back next year and won it. )

You ever lost a position in Matchplay because a guy averaging 3 pins less then you won 4 more 30 point games? I have. It's the format. It sucks, but it is what it is.

The main point of Rachuig. Win Points. It's truly that simple.

Cow

Back
Top Bottom