MALE ADULT OF THE YEAR: ASHLEY RILEY

FEMALE SENIOR OF THE YEAR: CAROL HUXLEY

MALE SENIOR OF THE YEAR: GARRY CRICK

COACH OF THE YEAR: BRETT RILEY

ADMINISTRATOR OF THE YEAR: TONY MCDONALD

REPRESENTATIVE TEAM OF THE YEAR: DARRELL HOLT COMBINED TEAM/RACHUIG MEN

CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION: STEPHEN COWLAND

HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES: 1990 PRESIDENT SHIELD BOYS TEAM

AND IF I HAVE FORGOTTEN ANYBODY OR HAVE GOT ANY WRONG I'M SORRY AS I CANT REMEMBER EVERYONE BUT HOPEFULLY MR CRICK CAN HELP OUT AND CONGRADULATIONS ONCE AGAIN TO EVERYONE

The male youth award was actually a joint award given to both Chris Commane and Joel Reeve. Stephen Cowland received a certificate of appreciation in this category for his outstanding efforts bowling as a Tasmanian draft in the Youth Championships last year.

Hayden George also received a certificate of recognition/appreciation for his outstanding year.

Beaten to the punch by Mr Arnol.

The Hall of Fame & 2009 Sports Award presentation night was held on 19th June at the Launceston Tram Shed.

In what was a fantastic night with plenty of emotion and passion evident, the 1990 Boys President's Shield Team were inducted into the Tasmanian Hall of Fame by TBA CEO Cara Honeychurch.

With 82 people in attendance, the night was a great showcase of Tasmania's talented tenpin bowlers and recognised many outstanding achievements in 2009. The highlight being the Darrel Holt Mens & Ladies Restricted Teams and the Mens Rachuig Team sharing the coveted Representative Team of the Year in the Sports Awards.

A full list of all the 2009 Sports Awards recipients can be found on the TBT site under the Sports Awards section.

http://www.tenpin.org.au/index.php?id=137

Attachments

• 1990 Boys Shield Team.jpg
    1990 Boys Shield Team.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 42
No disrespect to the teams involved, but how in the hell does Holt compare to Rachuig for being named "Team of the Year"??

I'm confused.

No disrespect to the teams involved, but how in the hell does Holt compare to Rachuig for being named "Team of the Year"??

I'm confused.

well andrew the holt won the combined teams which is a first for tasmania as no tasmanian side has ever won the combined trophy for being first overall no matter what tournament it is as in wdv/holt, atbso, rachuig or president shield where as rachuig only won the mens division so this is how the hell it compares thank you :mad:

and also droo we deserve to be in the same light as the rachuig guys do as we have done quite a lot for bowling here in tasmania as our mens team over the years have come 1st 4 times, 3rd twice the ladies 2nd twice and overall 3rd twice ans last year 1st overall and no other tasmanian tenpin bowling side has ever done this so stop being judgementle and just accept it plus being jealous is a curse.

Garry ....

I think your a little off the mark there. Why would a former Rachuig bowler be jealous of anyone. He's represented the state at the highest possible level!!!!!!!!!

The simple fact is, Rachuig is the premier teams event in the country. It is the highest level of representation that you can reach for your state. There are no handicaps and no restrictions ..... you get to this level either through pure talent, hard work or in most cases a combination of both. As in ALL other sports, recognition will normally be based on the competition that has been won at the higher level.

Hypothetically its like having AFL Tassie awards and having a Tasmanian Player who has won the Brownlow Medal, and a Tasmanian player who has won the medal for best player in the VFL (not sure of its name) and granting them equal recognition. Both great achievements, but one has been earned at a higher level, you cant compare the two.

However, at the end of the day, there's no point having Tasmania's argue about who's achievement is better! Lets just be happy that as a small state we still have the talent to be able to go away and mix it with the bigger states at all levels!

Lets just be happy that as a small state we still have the talent to be able to go away and mix it with the bigger states at all levels!

Well said Scott - and could not agree with the above statement more.

2009 was a fantastic and unprecedented year for Tasmanian bowling - as evidenced by the sheer amount of awards presented on the night. Having so many outstanding efforts to recognise is a great problem for those of us on the committee to have.

Garry,
Scott is correct. Why would I be jealous? I congratulate you guys on winning you respective championship. I just can't see how the efforts of a "RESTRICTED" team, a team that has qualifying restrictions, be held in the same light as a team that is "OPEN" to anyone that is good enough to make the team. As a former Rachuig bowler, I am proud to say that I represented the State at the highest possible level.

You have no idea the feeling of satisfaction I had last year when the Rachuig Men won the trophy. Even though I was not in the team, and haven't been for a few years, I still feel like I was part of the team, as I have probably helped a few of the guys over the years in one way or another. I'm sorry, but to me, if you're going to play a sport seriously, you should strive to play at the highest possible level. Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe it was just hard work and striving to learn.

I have no reason to be jealous of anyone in this sport. I am proud of my achievements which include bowling Rachuig, having a handful of 300's and multiple 800's. However bowling is such a little blip on my carefactor radar these days. I enjoy turning up, bowling 3 games a week, and averaging over 220 because of adult bumper bowling conditions.

One of these days, I might return and take it seriously.... when the elite bowlers get rewarded for their efforts like in other sports.

andrew, scott and kc i agree with you whole heartly but the way you said it made me feel as though we didn't deserve to win the team of the year and yes it was a great 2009 for bowling in tasmania and when i found out the men won the rachuig i was quite happy for them and i also know that i'm not good enough to make rachuig hence why i try out for holt but why people will always get there and run us down i will continue to bite back at those that dont like it and yes we may have restrictions but it isn't easy to win in that tournament either we have to fight just as hard to win the competition as anyone else and i'm very happy to share the team of the year with the rachuig guys as it was only the second time they have won but it is also the 1st time a team has won combined overall so i think that we all should respect what we have done no matter what division we bowl in.

Garry, I understand you're upset but please be careful what you say. Please do not include me in the people you are taking the issue up with.

I have not said anything to discredit Holt's achievements last year. Please do not suggest otherwise. I was whole heartedly behind the award being given to both teams.

Thanks.

andrew, scott and kc i agree with you whole heartly but the way you said it made me feel as though we didn't deserve to win the team of the year and yes it was a great 2009 for bowling in tasmania and when i found out the men won the rachuig i was quite happy for them and i also know that i'm not good enough to make rachuig hence why i try out for holt but why people will always get there and run us down i will continue to bite back at those that dont like it and yes we may have restrictions but it isn't easy to win in that tournament either we have to fight just as hard to win the competition as anyone else and i'm very happy to share the team of the year with the rachuig guys as it was only the second time they have won but it is also the 1st time a team has won combined overall so i think that we all should respect what we have done no matter what division we bowl in.

Just wondering whether there is any chance a Capital letter, full stop or comma could have been used here anywhere?

sorry kc i wasn't having a go at you all i ment was i can see why you agree'd with scott
i agree with it as well but the way it's worded sounds to me like we dont deserve it as much as the rachuig guys do according to some plus it's mainly andrew i'm peeved off at more with what he has said on here and facebook putting the holt sides down
so kc once again sorry
but while people continue to put us down i will voice my opinion and if you dont like it tough.

I am rather amazed when I see comments like this written on a great site, which is spoilt by ridiculous comments. As far as I can see all bowlers are registered TBA members and bowl representing their group and their state. They act as state bowlers, without making stupid comments. The committee that selects the recipients for Hall of Fame etc, does so after much thought and time. If you believe they are wrong, either get on the committee or contact them personally. We don't need tacky comments placed on web-sites. As for Rachuig, they may be the elite as you call them, but all selection teams do not have trouble selecting teams with trials because of lack of numbers. The numbers are available, and these bowlers whether Rachuig, Holt, Seniors, ATBSO or De Veer still enter and commit as TBA bowlers. So where is the problem.

I still congratulate all award winners. As for the Holt group, what a great effort to bring back to our small state, the COMBINED Teams award. Wouldn't this be the ULTIMATE for any group.

Lets work as as state and say congratulations where necessary.

KB

Agree with most of the comments posted since I put my two cents in.

I think everyone would agree that having too many great achievements to choose from is a great problem to have at committee level.

My main 'gripe' was to do with Garry's comment about Androo (and subsequently anyone else who has bowled Rachuig) being jealous of the achievements of others. We all play sports for different reasons, but it is just human nature that anyone performing to a high level in an 'OPEN' environment will likely achieve higher recognition.

I dont think anyone is trying to take away from the achievements or the Holt team. More to elevate the achievements WON in an OPEN environment.

I dont think anyone is trying to take away from the achievements or the Holt team. More to elevate the achievements WON in an OPEN environment.

BINGO... We have a winner.

I think in future, judging by the responses of some people, I might just sit back and not care.

No, just getting closer and closer. If it wasn't for a couple of people, I'd still be home on a Monday night watching tv. They should feel special that I came out of retirement. :p

It's a pity it's so cold at this time of year, otherwise I'd be out practicing with glow in the dark golf balls.

Back
Top Bottom