'300' Drought broken at Cool/Tweed Tenpin

Ben A

Not bowling anymore
Staff member
A huge congratulations to Mitchell Bird who today bowled his first 300.

Bowling on Lanes 3 & 4 in the 4 man Superleague, Mitchell started his 4 game series off with a 256, he continued his fine bowling with a 300 game followed by a 210 and 236 for a massive 1002 series. Mitchell bowled his 300 game with his Hammer Big Blue. Mitchell Bird improved on his personal best only 3 weeks ago where he bowled a 285 starting the game with 10 strikes in a row.

With a continued run of 270's, 280's and 290 games by various bowlers since the new synthetic lanes had been installed in February, a 300 game was bound to happen. The last 300 game bowled at Coolangatta Tweed Tenpin was back in March 2001.

For his efforts today, Mitchell earnt himself $2000 by bowling a 300 game in a 4 man league. All of Mitchell's shots in the 300 game, including the last, were consistently in the pocket. After the last ball was bowled and all 10 pins hit the deck, Mitchell raised his arms in excitment and then fell to the ground.

Once again, nice bowling Mitch!

ps. Sunshine Triples League bowling on a Wednesday night is looking for new players in it's new season starting on the 15th August. For more information look here.

pps. Hungry Jacks Handicap Classic is being bowled next weekend, want to bowl 10 games for only $60 and have a chance at winning $500, then go here for more information.

GREAT BOWLING MITCH IAM GLAD I WAS THERE TO SEE YOU BOWL A GREAT GAME AND IAM SURE THE NEXT ONE IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER

Great effort Mitchell not only a perfect 300 but a 1002 series as well. Lets hope this the start of many more .You have a great talent (make the most of it Birdy)
Garry Scarlett

Well Done Mitch! When I got your message I was stunded I knew you could do it! I know theres many more to come!

Caity!

Hey everyone :D
i would just like to send a HUGE congrates to my awesome mate birdy who on sunday morning at coolangatta tweed tenpin bowled his first eva 300 game!!! not only did he bowl his first 300 game but his first 1000 series! this kid is on fire! :p $2000 coming his way for his massive achievement. hope to see many more like these for years to come, now i must push my 290 pb up to yours mate :p
Games:
256 300!!! 210 236
cheers
Dean :D

Back
Top Bottom