2013 Bathurst Pit Stop Pattern Preview

jason_doust

The Bowling Geek
G'Day Bowling Fans!

http://bowlersedge.com.au/2013/08/bathurst-pit-stop-sponsored-bathurst-real-estate-pattern-preview/

This short video will give you some good ideas on how to play in this year's Bathurst Pit Stop, sponsored by Bathurst Real Estate. Without a doubt, my favourite tournament of the year, the Pit Stop pattern gives you a number of ways to play the lanes.

You can practice on the pattern by appointment. Call Tenpin Bathurst on 02 6332 9922 and ask Wally when the pattern will be available for practice play.

The pattern holds up well on both sides of the lane. It comes down to your ability to make smart decisions regarding technique and equipment, then knuckling down to making good shots. Because when you line up at the Pit Stop, you can stay lined up for quite a while!

The kind sponsorship from Bathurst Real Estate means that there is a great payout. In fact, the Pit Stop pays the top HALF of the field!

I hope to see you there! Meanwhile, enjoy!

Cheers,
Jason

P.s. This also means you're out of town on election day and can pre-poll and not get hassled or have to line up at the polling booth! WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE..? Get yourself to Bathurst! :D

Nice presentation jase, you certainly give people some insight, no one else in oz certainly goes to the lengths you do, see you in Bathurst mate.

I'd rather bowl than vote that's for sure.
I met a fellow once who had a friend who'd escaped from East Germany. His friend always said "People in this country complain about voting. Wait until you can't and see how you like it!"

See you in Bathurst, Luke, and Andrew and Robbie!

Things to eat and do while you're here...
  • Of course, you can go to Mt Panorama. The museum is well worth a peek for the car and bike nuts.
  • Have lunch at The Hub in Keppel St if you're up in time. Good food, awesome coffee.
  • Plenty of good pub grub to be had. Be picky and look around. For fine dining, Cobblestone Lane, Ninety2 and the the restaurant at Rydges at the mount is pretty good stuff too.
  • Have an Annie's Ice Cream near Machattie Park. In fact, stroll around the park with an Annie's Ice Cream!
  • Join us for dinner on Saturday night!
  • Mark Renzaglia Wines makes delicious Italian varietals, so maybe a cellar door tasting for those so inclined. (Hey, Mr Campbell, or Mrs Campbell?)
  • LeGall Patisserie in Keppel St is delightful!
  • Peewee's Pies and Cakes in Howick St - not as fancy as LeGall, but honest tucker.
  • Buy some apples from a local orchard.
Might as well make the most of your trip to the country!

Cheers,
Jason

me too. I have bowled in this tournament before and congrats to Wally, Julie and all the gang for a great setup.

looks like it will be a great tourney once again. anyone considering bowling get your name down now. you won't regret it. fantastic centre.

good luck to all and wished I could make the trip.

Jason Scott

Firstly thank you to Jason for the time and effort that he put into producing the Bowlers Edge Pattern Preview for the 2013 Bathurst Real Estate Pitstop,

Unfortunately this year the pattern did not appear to play as expected by most people... as a consequence of fixing a major cleaning issue that only became evident just two nights prior to the event the back-ends became much more stronger than I ever anticipated

Jason made every effort to ensure that the pattern preview was true and correct as did I when "fixing" the cleaning issue - apologies to those that felt conditions were a little tough this year.

If I may I would like to add my input from what I learnt over the weekend.

But first a big thanks to Julie, wally, Jemmo, the scoring crew, the sponsors along with the backend staff, always a well run tourney that I have no problem returning to each year.

I personally had trouble picking the right ball whilst finding the right line to play on Saturday, I changed balls a few times as well as played a few different lines, I couldn't find anything really comfortable to suit my shot, in my last couple of games qualifying on Saturday I took a risk, i took my first blood hammer(oob finish) moved deeper inside and threw it out toward 5 board but still didn't finish as hard as what I wanted, so I used a 1000 pad and scuffed it up and bang!!, now I knew I had the right ball in my hand, on Sunday I just worked on getting through the ball clean, getting my timing right, and it moved me up a bunch of places, but it wasn't just the ball, I have been working hard on my game the last few months trying to make good consistent shots, most people who read this knows I place all over the place in tournaments, I've never really been consistent, but I know for a fact that these last few months I have improved my shot making quite a lot, basically what I'm saying is that... WE ALL have to bowl on the same conditions, I just had the right ball on the right conditions with the right speed and was making good consistent shots, yes i had carry issues like most of us did out there, but the bottom line is, weather there were issues on the lanes or with the oiling machine or not, WE ALL had to bowl on them, congrats to Shaun and Andrew and for the team at Bathurst, weather or not I come 1st, 3rd or 20th, I will always keep turning up, knowing that there is only one person out there that I'm up against...MYSELF!!

Well said Robbie.

If i had any regrets this year its that i let the previous years dictate how i played the lanes this year. A problem of mine was to go to a tournament and come out of it without taking any notes on what worked and didnt work, taking the pattern, ball choice and the house itself all into account. I now keep a bit of a record of those very things.

But this year that hurt me as i didnt want to follow the shot left for fear of not getting the ball to recover or carry, where as if i'd taken the risk and trusted my shot and gear, with how the pattern played this year i might of had some better games.

In 5-10 years time ill sort all these niggles out and be a threat i reckon. Optimistic but something my game lacks is confidence. Gotta want it before i can have it! :D

Back
Top Bottom