2010 Australian Adult team announced

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Congrats goes to those who made the 2010 Australian Adult team to compete in the 21st Asian Tenpin Bowling Championships from 3rd – 11th October 2010 in Abu Dhabi...

Ladies Team

• Narelle Baker - VIC
  • Lexi Nicoll - NSW
  • Kate Pilkington - QLD
  • Ann-Maree Putney - NSW
  • Natalie Shelley - NT
  • Rebecca Voukolos - NT

Men’s Team

• Dion Alexander - SA
  • Stephen Cowland - NSW
  • Shaun Cummings - NSW
  • Christian Purdue – NSW
  • Robert Townsend – NSW
  • Bob Whybrow - NSW

Chris Batson - National Coach
Louise Eady – Assistant Coach
Mike Seymour – Team Manager

Is it just me or does anyone else find it strange that someone who can make the Australian Team (A Month ago) to represent us at the worlds cant make selection for the Australian Team for this... :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Maybe there unavailable for this. It is turning out to be rather expensive to represent your country these days. Might be a budget issue to.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it strange that someone who can make the Australian Team (A Month ago) to represent us at the worlds cant make selection for the Australian Team for this... :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Jase,

You have been around the game long enough..surely nothing surprises you anymore. There is always some controversy when it comes to selection.

There is a bigger issue here, as not sure how bowlers are meant to try and bowl national events and represent state and / or country (twice in one year) plus maintain a full time job to pay for all of this. As someone has already mention it is purely not achievable for alot of people.

So it is a catch 22...if you want to bowl for your country..in theory should be bowling National events to get ranking points etc...however if you bowl the national events and then make a team....you also then need to save enough money to pay for the trip(s) to go away. So what is happening is ppl are making teams and then not bowling in the National events or bowling in the National events but not trying out for the National teams. Makes is very difficult to select a team when this is occurring.

I don't have the answers but one thing is for sure.... the Government is not going to increase funding for Ten Pin Bowling anytime in the near future, so that bucket of money is gone. We have to make optimum utilisation of what funding and $$ our sport does generate and obtain.

Having said all of that, I would like to congratulate all bowlers which have made the teams this year and wish you all the best at the events you are attending. There is nothing better than representing your country and my advice is to just take it all in and enjoy it.

Maybe there unavailable for this. It is turning out to be rather expensive to represent your country these days. Might be a budget issue to.

He tried out for the Team alright...He was also happy to find away to fund both trips IF selected...ALL i am saying is that if you can make a WORLDS team and you make yourself available, how can you miss out on the Asian team...We all know that most of the time the Asian team is easier to make...

Jez this isn't about cost...I was in the sport long enough to see f""k ups like this all the time...Mind you i hope that your on a Brick fence, that could be some serious splinters to remove otherwise...:D

I could understand it under certain conditions.

1. If there were different nominees in the two teams. (which I don't believe there was)

2. If there was some policy like say a youth policy to blood them at Asians for the next lot of teams going forward. (Happened to me but didn't see that either on this occasion) and

3. If people higher on the pecking order had rolled their way into the first team but were unable to do the same for the second. (Given that one of the selectors was overseas would be interesting to know when the selctions were actually decided)

Shock horror though I've heard some stories that remind me of the old saying "The more things change the more they stay the same!"

I would also like to add that this is not in any way a statement for or against the bowlers who made the team and congratulations to them. They have simply followed the process as we all would. This is more a concern of the transparency of the process.

And no Jase, apparently its not just you.

The selections are not made as a result of the trials.

When the coach makes his selections they need to be approved by the TBA board.

They could have been made weeks ago.

The selections are not made as a result of the trials.

When the coach makes his selections they need to be approved by the TBA board.

They could have been made weeks ago.

Can anyone answer the following

There are more than just the coach who votes on who is selected?

The selectors must also attend at least two Nationally Ranked events? (And is the Nationals classed as two events)

Do ALL the selectors get a say or a vote on who is selected...

I should have written when the coach "makes his recommendation on who the selection should be".

My understanding is that there is more than the national coach who is on the selection panel.

The selectors made a choice that pilko was not what they were looking for overseas, yes he is in the world team because he bowled his way there if he didn't, do you think he would have been selected into that team, I dint think so.
This site makes me sick to see all the negative comments (TBA,AMF,Centers,Tournaments,People for just doing there job)
Congrats to those that made team I am sure they have the bowlers they want to take.
Good luck

Mark,
I suggest you check your facts before posting about things you know nothing about. Yes Brian did roll his way into the worlds team, but he was also preselected meaning that Brendan moved up from 4th position into the last rolloff position available.
Regards
Kate

Yeh your right i did start that thread, lmfao.
What can I say I am as bad as everyone else.
Time to leave the site for good .
Thanks Jase your the man.
lmfao
haahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahaha

Unless we are missing something here which the powers to be do not want others to know

Samo Samo...nothing changes although changes have supposedly been made
Politics, more politics, throw in some dung etc etc etc

Good enough for Worlds but not good enough for Asian...JOKE

Pilko.....Hope you bowl well at Worlds & show them you should be at Asian
Keep your chin up.....on second thoughts......you may get it punched again

No disrespect to those who made the team, huge congrats to you all....bowl well & bring home some goodies, in medals that is not just the jewellry gold which by the way UAE is the cheapest place in the world to buy

Cheers
Colin

People

If you want to know something about anything that happened why done you just ask
a specific question
I will do my very best answer

Regards
Geoff

OK....think everyone is asking the same question

What is the reason or circumstances this person was not selected for Asian team

Cheers
Colin

Back
Top Bottom