2009 Queensland World Cup of Champions - Results & Stats/Info

9 x 4

Tournament Creator
2009 Queensland World Cup of Champions

First of all thanks to our sponsors for 2009

Major Sponsor - B.E.Removals - All your removal needs, local & interstate

Caboolture Bowl - Brian Bates (Best game rates in the country)
Animal's Pro Shop - Lawrie Hill - For all your pro shop needs & any "Hammer" products, the "Hammer" National Distributer
Hammer Bowling - Nothing Hits Like a "Hammer"
Locomotif - Peter Martin - The best shirt design & makers around town
Action Trophies Burpengary - Great trophies, great prices
Caboolture Instant Print - Anthony Essex - For all your expert design & printing needs
Mobitech - Wayne Brockman - For the best in computer repairs & accessories
Design Fencing - Rob & Kay Smith - The best in commercial fencing, for the best quality and professionalism around
Matty's Meat Barn - For a great range of meat products at Morayfield
Taz Serices - Andrew Christopher - qldbowling.com
Totalbowling.com.au - Jason Pearson - The best Bowling site for news & infromation

And a special thanks to Pete "Pedro" for all his effort today and with the setting up of our oiling patterns, hardly a thing went wrong all day, I think a scissor fell out and apart from that nothing. So Cheers Pete.

High Game - Peter Martin 299 (Game no.1)
Low Game - Peter Martin 114 (Game no.11 (Qtr Finals))

Highest Game to Lose on - 2 or 3 worth mentioning

Tony Hamiltion 246 def by Darryl Alford 265
Peter Martin 256 def by Shayne Melton 258
And in the Quarter Finals - Alicia Melton 225 def by Andrew Drew 230
And in the round of 16 - David Cupit 227 def by Dale Stewart 267

Lowest Game to Win on - Gregg Marks 146 def Brett Laird 133

The day was great with some highlights along the way like . . . .

A sighting of Jason Pearson . . Well from behind at least all though his shirt said Dale Stewart

Brendan Meads in Fluro Lime Green Pants . . . lit up the lanes

Carl Bottomley made it 3 straight years to the round of 16 & out (He was my pick for this year, maybe 2010) although very very consistant

Dale Stewart - Champion in 2008, Runner Up in 2009

Deb Stewart - Wanted this yeras big winners trophy to make book ends with the from 2008 yet now has to settle for the smaller runners up trophy that compliments the winners trophy excellently, just doesn't make a good book end . . .

Both Females made it through, Linda Green to the Rd. of 16 & Alicia Melton to the Qtr Finals, well done girls

The 2 lefties in the field didn't get through to the playoffs - so all you righties who complain in general about the patterns favouring the lefties, stick it! . . . nicely of course (from a fellow lefty)

The oldies (or older generation) continued to rain supreme with Terry Wenban, Bob Hardie, Gary Bernardin, John Whillans just to name a few who made it through, past the qualifying stages

The Groups proved very challenging with 3 groups having very well known and high average tournament bowlers plus the other groups fighting it out between themselves with alot of the groups only being decided after the 9th game had finished.

Congratulations to Terry Wenban who was saying he hadn't picked up a bowling bowl since last Feb, and bolwed like all of 3 times in 08. He made it through the higest averaging group (Terry Wenban, Lawrie "Animal" Hill, Alicia Melton & Craig McCloskey)and past Andrew Drew in the semis to take out the final, in a champions manner with a 254 and take honours in 2009.

The Final - Terry Wenban 254 def. Dale Stewart 130 (Although Dale had a poor last game his previous 3 to get him into the final were outstanding 267, 225, 258)

All the official results and pictures of our Champion & Runner Up will be posted by Andrew tomorrow sometime.

Thanks Again to all who bowled & spectated. To Mary Flower for assisting with the scores, of course Pete (Caboolture Bowl's Head Tech). And one final thank you to my fellow Tournament Director Andrew Christopher who has had a terribly busy last 3 months but an even more turbulant last 2.5 weeks to be able to handle it so well has been impressive to say the least, and now you are a daddy (Thanks Mate for the effort you have put in).

Hope to see you all back in 2010, as we also hope to be back bigger & better

Regards Nathan

Lowest Game to Win on - Gregg Marks 146 def Brett Laird 133

told you it would be the lowest game to win on:p

Thanks to Everyone who was involved setting this tournament up and make it run smoother!! will be seeing me back next year!...(maybe i wont tie next year!:) lol)

Congrats to Terry on the win today, also congrats to dale for making it to final round 2 yrs in a row!!

Congrats to all of the other place getters

Brett..

Once again it was a great tournament, very well run and A GREAT DEAL OF FUN to participate in.

Like Brett, you can put me down for next year also. Maybe third time lucky and I'll get past the FIRST round :(

Cheers all that were involved, including the sponsors, participants and I suppose the people who made it happen, maybe! - Nah, just jokes. ;)

Well done Nathan, Andrew, Pete, Mary and Caboolture bowl!

Cheers,
Rhyss.

I'll be back, i'll work that bloody place out one day!!!! :D Expensive practice in the end but it was educational too!!

Hi All

Thanks again to the sponsors and the bowlers with both of them this event would not have been a great success

Congrats to Terry and his win and well done Dale for being runner up. So close to going back to back wins.

Attached are the results.

In the World Cup Matches file are all the head to head matches of who played who and won. Suprising to see what scores some people were able to win on.

Matches 1-3 are Pattern 1
Matches 4-6 are Pattern 2
Matches 7-9 are Pattern 3

Attachments

• World Cup.pdf
    18.1 KB · Views: 78
  • World Cup Final.pdf
    16.7 KB · Views: 61
  • World Cup Bracket.pdf
    16.8 KB · Views: 44
  • World Cup Matches.pdf
    18.8 KB · Views: 55
Here is our Champion and Runner Up along with Jack our Major Sponsor from B.E.Removals

Regards Nathan

Attachments

• IMG_1224.JPG
    IMG_1224.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1230.JPG
    IMG_1230.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1234.JPG
    IMG_1234.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1222.JPG
    IMG_1222.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1228.JPG
    IMG_1228.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 21
NICE WORK TERRY & DALE
Sorry i missed it ,would have good to watch dale lose.(oops did i say that out loud)
Once again well done to everyone.
Especially you Daley Poo.

A big thanks to Nathan, Andrew, Batsey, Pedro and all of the Tournament Sponsors for an enjoyable day.

I was more amazed at making the finals this year than last year, saying that, I have to congratulate Terry on a great win, he is someone who I personally admire & respect and wholeheartedly deserved this win.

Please include me for next years tournament. I will be there.

As for Mr Panther Power, I didn't see you there brother, whats the matter, scared you cant keep up.

Back
Top Bottom