2008 QUEENSLAND WORLD CUP OF CHAMPIONS - RESULTS

9 x 4

Tournament Creator
Queensland World Cup of Champions

Today we saw 32 fine bolwers go head to head with each other. Throughout the qualifying stages we saw very close match ups with some people relying on the last game of the day to secure a spot in the round of 16 & beyond.

Some interesting stats & facts

Last years Champion (Kevin Blackmore) & Runner Up (Leon Reggars) met each ohter again in the round of 16

Jason Pearson & Carl Bottomley made the rounfd of 16, but both departed together for the 2nd straight year. (Next year Jase & Carl are going to rig it so 1 continues on)

Brad Reggars made it to the semi-finals for the 2nd straight year & just fell short of the final

4 Interstate bowlers this year with 3 from NSW and 1 from Tassie

3 of the 5 local (Cabooloture) bowlers all drew the same group (Aaron Midgley, Craig McCloskey & Phil Wilkinson), in which only 1 ended up going through

Semi-Finals

SF1: Saw Jason Walsh take on Brendan Meads & was tight the whole wayu through with Jason just pulling ahead at the end

SF2: Saw Dale Stewart against Brad Reggars & again was pretty close but a late open frame from Brad & a double from Dale secured his spot in the final

Final

Dale Stewart Vs Jason Walsh

This was tight with both putting the strikes in & half way through Dale was in front until the phone rang right in the middle of his delivery (SPLIT), Jason saw his chance & took the lead. Both entered the 10th on doubles then Dale hit the first, Jason then took his shot for an 8 count. Dale then threw a 9 and hit the lead, with a spare he could not lose. After a nervous wait a spare was bowled. Jason also spared his then wash out the last ball with 5.

A teriffic final to watch with the final score 211-205

This was Dale's second career victory & one well earned. For winning Dale took home $750.00, a trophy approx weighing 30kg in which rode home in the front seat, & will receive a shirt along with Jason from Peter Martin (Logomotif) this all on his daughters birthday in which he needed permission from her to bowl.

Jason takes home $500.00 a lovely runner's up trophy.

Again Thanks to all of our Sponsors for this years event

Major Sponsor - Taz Services - Andrew Christopher

Caboolture Bowl - Brian Bates (Best game rates in the country)
Animal's Pro Shop - Lawrie Hill - For all your pro shop needs & any "Hammer" products, the "Hammer" National Distributer
Hammer Bowling - Nothing Hits Like a "Hammer"
Locomotif - Peter Martin - The best shirt design & makers around town
Action Trophies Burpengary - Great trophies, great prices
Caboolture Instant Print - Anthony Essex - For all your expert design & printing needs
Mobitech - Wayne Brockman - For the best in computer repairs & accessories
Totalbowling.com.au - Jason Peasrson & Kellie Hart - The best Bowling site for news & infromation
Matty's Meat Barn - Fantastic Meat right near the bowl

And a special thanks to Pedro (Head Tech) for his excellence in maintainig the lanes and looking after us today with the patterns & fixing the air-con.

One more mention must go to my fellow t/director Andrew for all his excellent work today along with all the score sheets & formulas. Thanks to Jo & Mary as well who helped out all day & yes Mary "Lady XXXX" did have a XXXX with her at all times.

PS Dale & Jason you need photo/smiling lessons (these were the best ones)

Attachments

• World Cup Qualifying.pdf
    17.2 KB · Views: 70
  • World Cup Finals.pdf
    36.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Dale & Jason.JPG
    Dale & Jason.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Dale.JPG
    Dale.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 31
The Trophies for 2008

Attachments

• AA.jpg
    AA.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 12
  • AB.jpg
    AB.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 10
  • AC.jpg
    AC.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 8
  • AD.jpg
    AD.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 6
Congrats to everyone that bowled today.

Thanks to the sponsors for making it a top tournament. The payouts were great and all the little extras were a nice touch.

Thanks to Andrew, his BETTER half and Nathan for a fantastic job with the format, figures and scoring. It was exceptionally well run apart for the airconditioning.

THANK GOD FOR PEDRO you are a bloody lifesafer.

All in all it was a great day and next year Dad will knock Kevin out and I will make it past semi finals (so Rachel says anyway) not sure if that was encouragement or a threat.

Congrats to Dale Stewart on a fine win and thanks to Dale and Jason for providing a nail bitting final.

Thanks again to all
Brad

P.S. I'd also like to mention my sponsor - Chris Higson thanks mate :)

This is a long post so please bear with me.

Thanks to everyone that bowled today. It was a great day and I am pretty sure that everyone certainly enjoys the 'World Cup' format and I for one will be back next year. Some challenging conditions were set) especially the second block, talk about short !).

First of all thanks to our sponsors without whom we would not have a tournament. Please everyone support these guys, the give of their time & money so we can enjoy ourselves.

Major Sponsor - Taz Services - Andrew Christopher

Caboolture Bowl - Brian Bates (Best game rates in the country)
Animal's Pro Shop - Lawrie Hill - For all your pro shop needs & any "Hammer" products, the "Hammer" National Distributer
Hammer Bowling - Nothing Hits Like a "Hammer"
Locomotif - Peter Martin - The best shirt design & makers around town
Action Trophies Burpengary - Great trophies, great prices
Caboolture Instant Print - Anthony Essex - For all your expert design & printing needs
Mobitech - Wayne Brockman - For the best in computer repairs & accessories
Totalbowling.com.au - Jason Pearson & Kellie Hart - The best Bowling site for news & information
Matty's Meat Barn - Fantastic Meat right near the bowl

A special thanks to Kellie & Jason of Totalbowling for kicking in some extra prizemoney for the out of the 16 high games per block.

Thanks to Andrew & Nathan and their helpers for the time and their efforts in a providing relatively smooth running day. The scores were up to date and again the format is great. I think everyone suffered a little from the heat, I know I did.

Thanks as always to the staff of Caboolture bowl for their never ending efforts to keep us happy. Pedro deserves special mention, he seemed to be everywhere today, including up on the ladder working on the air con, thanks mate.

Thanks to Jason for a very nail biting final, I know Jason has been in many other finals, however this was my first 'matchplay' tournament win and the final was new territory for me. You are the epitamy of a true sportsman and I can easily see why you are one of the most liked and one of the best players in the country.

Special thanks as well to the other bowlers and especially the other 3 guys I travelled with most of the day. Phil, Craig & Aaron you made the day very enjoyable and you helped keep me sane.

To all of the other bowlers who bowled, many thanks, without your support this tournament would not have gone ahead. I urge everyone to support both this tournament next year and the tournament scene in Qld (as well as the Nataional one as well), we are lucky in that we get to test ourselves against the best in the country (and the world) who would not want that.

Thanks to all others that supported me in the final and throughout the day. I can say that your support helped me get through the last day and especially the last few days.

Last, but not least, I thank my lovely wife Debbie, she came up to the centre after having 4 hours sleep last nite and sat behind and supported me all day. You are my rock. Thankfully Heather (my daughter) gave me permission to bowl, thanks honey, daddy will have to make sure u get something nice.

As for smiling lessons, maybe next time Andrew could not take 5 minutes for one picture. :D

Well thats all from me. Thanks again to all who bowled and to the sponsors. If you didn't or couldn't bowl in this tournament this year, get your name down for next year, its a good, hard, fun day.

Sorry for the long post. Take care all. If I have missed someone, I am sorry, I'm pretty tired at the moment and just about to head of

Congratulations Dale - well done. I hope you have more firsts through the year also.
You work hard on your game - so results are a matter of time. Even though I could not attend on the weekend it is obvious that the format provided conditions to test each participant. Some champion bowlers and favourites not in the final mix - but I know great sports people examine their processes and will be back with a solution. I really like the sport series tournaments and formats of different conditions - focus is again on skill or components of skill. Great format guys. The totalbowling sport series will be great this year - I will be at some of them to watch.

I would like to see a one ball tournament also - maybe???

Gail

Best wishes
Gail

Was a great day. This format was very challenging and I was just happy to make the final 16.

Thank you to everyone who put in the effort and support needed for this tournament to happen.

I'll definately be back next year!

Gary.

Congratulations Dale
sounds like a final well worth watching.

Just reading Nathan's report on the day gave you the feeling of some very interesting outcomes...

As a Sponsor it is pleasing to see the positive response to the tournament and Animals Pro Shop is definitely in again for next year ...... but one request please Nathan - not the same weekend as the Senior AGM then maybe I and a few other oldies can have a go too :(

cheers
Animal

Well what a great event…

Well done to Nathan and Andrew on organizing a fantastically well organised tournament…TotalBowling is proud to be associated with it and I am sure will continue to do so for years to come…

Well done Dale on a tough grinding win…Your hard work over the last 12 months has started to pay dividends…You nailed the pocket when you needed to throughout all your Match Play games and ground out some great wins on your way to the final, well done on that…

This tournament is designed for ANYONE to win regardless what you average on the day and that’s what makes this event so unique…

See you all again next year…

well done Dale you bowled very well.
to Nathan and rest of staff and helpers great job.
BIG thank to all the sponsors for your support of this great event.
I would like to thank the guys i bowled with tom,jason,paul and all the other bowlers for a great day.
thanks fred

Congrats Dale,

It's amazing how good things happen to people who work hard.

Thanks to all the sponsors for all of your support.

To Nathan and Andrew, thanks for a fantastic job and all the effort you guys go to, it is much appreciated and very much noticed.

Just a quick thing, remember next year that Jase and I play each other in the first round of matchplay so somebody gets through. (Knowing our luck we would keep tying)

Also that stops me playing Fred as I.m becoming a bit to used to being his bunny these days! Well done Fred, thoroughly deserved but I'm going to get you one of these days.

Congratulations Dale on an Awesome win. What a great reward for the rollercoaster ride you had in 2007.

Well done to Andy and Nathan on another fine effort on running this event.

The format is great. As others have said "Everyone has a chance to win".

I think the lowest winning game was a 138 and surprisingly a 212 was the highest losing game( Tough Break ).

To all the sponsors thank-you for your generous support to a tremendous event. The tournament even recieved a section in the local paper.( Well done again guys)

For me I had a good day and was very pleased with my efforts just didn't have enough to topple Walshy in my last match. Oh well maybe next time.

Well done again to everyone,

Hammo

Back
Top Bottom