2008 BMW NSW COUNTRY TENPIN OPEN

Hi Jasonguru
I will be puting a posting up soon to see if bowlers would object to Sq2 having 5 players per pair of lanes. This would be the only way to add more players

Regards Aldo

Hi Jasonguru
I will be puting a posting up soon to see if bowlers would object to Sq2 having 5 players per pair of lanes. This would be the only way to add more players

Regards Aldo

No thanks, to 5 a lane, as it will take at least 2 more hours to finish, and the last 4 or so games would like bowling in the car park.

and will give first squad a big advantage

ha ha ha!

its all good. was only suggesting perhaps another squad at another time, who knows when, fri nite, some food for thought for next year, but its a good possie to be in. this event is very popular and it seems tourney bowling in this state is starting to make a resurgence.

great to see the numbers there.

ha ha ha!
its all good. was only suggesting perhaps another squad at another time, who knows when, fri nite, some food for thought for next year, but its a good possie to be in. this event is very popular and it seems tourney bowling in this state is starting to make a resurgence.
great to see the numbers there.

I think a third squad would be great, maybe bring squads forward a 1 1/2hrs and have a 3 squad in the evening limited to 24 over 8 lanes which would closely simulate lane break down over a 32 squad field.

and if wanted to push it even bigger, have a 4th squad on the friday, with same above format, that way the center still has lanes for social events or clinics such as the great one we will have supplied by the great people of AMFQUBICA.

Just my thoughts

Rosser

Going 24 players over 8 lanes is 6 players to a pair which to me is going backwards not forwards.

Rosser
Going 24 players over 8 lanes is 6 players to a pair which to me is going backwards not forwards.

Forbesy

well 12 lanes then which is 2 to a lane,

what about for thought, have the first squad at 24 with a 8 - 8:30 start then have a 2nd squad at 32 starting lets say for argument sake,12.30 then a third squad at what ever size starting at 4:30 which would finish around 8 - 8:30 which is not that late as bowlers on the squad would leave home around mid morning(sydney) and would also open up the opportunity for interstate bowlers come and have a go.

time frame based on current tournament time frame.

the only person who would have a hard day would be Coops and the boys, as they have keep the machines going nearly all day,

As Posted before by Aldo we are looking into increasing Squad 2 from 32 to 40 bowlers which will make it 5 to a pair. By changing this will allow all the bowlers that are currently listed to bowl in the tournament. So what is eveyones thought on increasing Squad 2.

I will post both squads listing which will show Current list aswell as Increased sqd 2 number list.

Current Squad Listings
Squad 1

1 Jason Osborne
2 Jason Brown
3 Henry Vandenberg
4 Colin Jeffrey
5 Bronwyn Robinson
6 John McGrath
7 Ryan Alewood
8 Mark Lane
9 Richard Palma
10 Michael McLaren
11 Adam Goldberg
12 Brendan Duthie
13 Aaron Osbourne
14 Colin Villiers
15 Mark Ward
16 Jarrod Lean
17 Richard Stevens
18 David Hayward
19 Michael MacNamarra
20 Rod Busic
21 Bob Whybrow
22 Ron Bickerstaff
23 Steve Lovell
24 Dave Appleby
25 Beau Paterson
26 Phill Harris
27 Peter White
28 Shantelle Butler
29 Allan Smith
30 Marc Triulcio
31 Kara Triulcio
32 Jason Scott
Res 1 Russell Deacon
2 Ross Brown
3 Doug Lenton
4 George Petris
5 Simon Dickinson
6 Stephen Cowland
7 Craig Burke

Squad 2

1 Ed Facelo
2 Arman Perez
3 Manny Noblejas
4 Dean Ainsworth
5 Andrew Parker
6 Janelle Spinks
7 David Latimore
8 Alan Wilson
9 Jeff Salt
10 Craig Fraser
11 Glenn Rowland
12 TJ Reyes
13 Jason Quarmby
14 Reese Leckie
15 George Frillingos
16 JP Li
17 Brett Larman
18 Tony Murray
19 Sam Romeo
20 Adrian Booy
21 Jack Psamos
22 Stephen McCaffrey
23 Terry Flack
24 Rodge Hangan
25 Steve Lenton
26 Shaun Cummings
27 Rodney Busic
28 Andrew Llyod
29 Brady Pirie
30 Rick Aitchison
31 Jason Doust
32 David Rosser
Res 1 Bob Whybrow
2 Steve Lovell
3 Ron Bickerstaff
4 Marc Triulcio
5 Kara Triulcio
6 Dave Appleby
7 Beau Paterson
8 Phill Harris
9 Peter White
10 Shantelle Butler
11 Christian Purdue

Squad listings if Squad 2 gets increased

Squad 1

1 Jason Osborne
2 Jason Brown
3 Henry Vandenberg
4 Colin Jeffrey
5 Bronwyn Robinson
6 John McGrath
7 Ryan Alewood
8 Mark Lane
9 Richard Palma
10 Michael McLaren
11 Adam Goldberg
12 Brendan Duthie
13 Aaron Osbourne
14 Colin Villiers
15 Mark Ward
16 Jarrod Lean
17 Richard Stevens
18 David Hayward
19 Michael MacNamarra
20 Peter White
21 Shantelle Butler
22 Allan Smith
23 Jason Scott
24 Russell Deacon
25 Ross Brown
26 Doug Lenton
27 George Petris
28 Simon Dickinson
29 Stephen Cowland
30 Craig Burke
Res 1

Squad 2

1 Ed Facelo
2 Arman Perez
3 Manny Noblejas
4 Dean Ainsworth
5 Andrew Parker
6 Janelle Spinks
7 David Latimore
8 Alan Wilson
9 Jeff Salt
10 Craig Fraser
11 Glenn Rowland
12 TJ Reyes
13 Jason Quarmby
14 Reese Leckie
15 George Frillingos
16 JP Li
17 Brett Larman
18 Tony Murray
19 Sam Romeo
20 Adrian Booy
21 Jack Psamos
22 Stephen McCaffrey
23 Terry Flack
24 Rodge Hangan
25 Steve Lenton
26 Shaun Cummings
27 Andrew Llyod
28 Brady Pirie
29 Rick Aitchison
30 Jason Doust
31 David Rosser
32 Rodney Busic
33 Bob Whybrow
34 Steve Lovell
35 Ron Bickerstaff
36 Marc Triulcio
37 Kara Triulcio
38 Dave Appleby
39 Beau Paterson
40 Phill Harris
Res 1 Peter White
2 Shantelle Butler
3 Christian Purdue

i think 3 squads wouldf be better have an early squad on saturday morning and limit it too 1 per lane

that way i can bowl haha

Out of curiosity, how many people have paid their deposit?? The last post which showed this, showed that most of the field had not done so. Perhaps if we could get an update on this and those that have not paid their deposits could do so, the tournament committee might be in an even better position to make a decision.

Its fantastic that there is so much interest in an additional squad or an extension of B squad but if it was me, i wouldnt even be considering making either of these decisions until the squads have been filled by people who have at least paid a deposit. By increasing B squad to 5 players per pair (as opposed to 4 players per pair in A squad), it will allow for an extra SIX bowlers to enter. My thought is that the best option would be to extend B squad to allow the extra six entries.

Whichever way the tournament committee decide, its going to be a fantastic event and one that i am looking forward to.

I would perfer a 3rd be run. Last year we were luck just to get a meal when we got off the lanes. Not that much open that time of night. I also think it would take to long to bowl.
TIJMO

Shaun:D

Good points made all round. I'm not for the 5 to a pair option. It's a good idea at first blush and wonderfully typical of the legendary Belmonte spirit of hospitality and accommodation. The trouble is that with today's bowling balls, it really would burn up badly between 10 and 15 board and give A squad a serious advantage.

Shaun's got a good point about getting a meal and some social life afterwards too.

Good points made all round. I'm not for the 5 to a pair option. It's a good idea at first blush and wonderfully typical of the legendary Belmonte spirit of hospitality and accommodation. The trouble is that with today's bowling balls, it really would burn up badly between 10 and 15 board and give A squad a serious advantage.

I agree with Jason, and even though I'm bowling in the first squad, there would be some disadvantages bowling the later squad with 5 a pair. However,
I'm sure all the bowlers would be happy to bowl the event with whichever format that is finally decided upon.

Cheers

perhaps an 8:30 or 8am squad would be good, 1 per lane, and then spread the other squads 3 per pair or something

sorry just clutching at straws cause i want to bowl but have a wedding in the afternoon so i cant bowl the other squads

A couple of things to consider here.

Firstly, from a personal point of view I would be interested in bowling in the first squad if there was one at 8 or 8.30 to free up some spots in the other squads.

However, even though I didn't bowl last year at this event, I do recollect having a considerable number of reserves at one stage (probably not as many as this year though) and in the end the event was not even full due to withdrawals.

If there was going to be an extra squad, I would definitely lean towards early Saturday morning as opposed to the Friday night.

Just my 2 cents worth

Update on Squad listings, the names in bold are the bowlers who have paid their deposits.

No. SQUAD 1
NAME
1 Jason Osborne
2 Jason Brown
3 Henry Vandenberg
4 Colin Jeffrey
5 Bronwyn Robinson
6 John McGrath
7 Ryan Alewood
8 Mark Lane
9 Richard Palma
10 Michael McLaren
11 Adam Goldberg
12 Brendan Duthie
13 Aaron Osbourne
14 Colin Villiers
15 Mark Ward
16 Jarrod Lean
17 Richard Stevens
18 David Hayward
19 Michael MacNamarra
20 Rod Busic
21 Bob Whybrow
22 Ron Bickerstaff
23 Steve Lovell
24 Dave Appleby
25 Beau Paterson
26 Phill Harris
27 Peter White
28 Shantelle Butler
29 Allan Smith
30 Jason Scott
31 Russell Deacon
32 Ross Brown
Res 1 Doug Lenton
2 George Petris
3 Simon Dickinson
4 Stephen Cowland
5 Craig Burke

No. SQUAD 2
NAME
1 Ed Facelo
2 Arman Perez
3 Manny Noblejas
4 Dean Ainsworth
5 Andrew Parker
6 Janelle Spinks
7 David Latimore
8 Alan Wilson
9 Jeff Salt
10 Craig Fraser
11 Glenn Rowland
12 TJ Reyes
13 Jason Quarmby
14 Reese Leckie
15 George Frillingos
16 JP Li
17 Brett Larman
18 Tony Murray
19 Sam Romeo
20 Adrian Booy
21 Jack Psamos
22 Stephen McCaffrey
23 Terry Flack
24 Rodge Hangan
25 Steve Lenton
26 Shaun Cummings
27 Rodney Busic
28 Andrew Llyod
29 Brady Pirie
30 Rick Aitchison
31 Jason Doust
32 David Rosser
Res 1 Bob Whybrow
2 Steve Lovell
3 Ron Bickerstaff
4 Dave Appleby
5 Beau Paterson
6 Phill Harris
7 Peter White
8 Shantelle Butler

I would perfer a 3rd be run. Last year we were luck just to get a meal when we got off the lanes. Not that much open that time of night. I also think it would take to long to bowl.
TIJMO
Shaun:D

It was a damn good Pizza though.;)

sorry to do this but please remove me from list. i cannot get out there to bowl that weekend as i cant drive.

thanks

jason scott

Back
Top Bottom