2007 Youth Champion of Champions

ok guys i completely understand and agree that its really quite unfair about the payouts and i know quite a few females who do agree and think it is unfair to have the same payout on half the expected bowlers.
BUT
in regards to the comment made about having to finish 2nd to get your money back......? that is what it is like for every female who travels interstate for a tournament. being a female all i ever expect when going to a tournament is to get my entry back simply because you need to win to get all of your travel expenses covered. anything else i get it just a bonus. YET you still get females traveling to tournaments, knowing thats the case and not wingeing and if you do its because our prize fund has been cut once again.
if you are in bowling to make some money..... GOOD LUCK
i hate to tell you but you choose the wrong sport.....

Do you really get females travelling to events? Take out the youth events that have been held in Victoria and your looking at numbers around the 20 mark. That combined with the fact that the cuts in females events are still around the 12-16 mark, its no surprise you girls get very little in terms of payout.

There are two solutions - either get more girls to turn up to events or cut the number of games the girls bowl.

Why should 80% (and some cases more) of the girls make the cut? Reduce the cut down to the top 3rd, (reducing tournament costs), give the girls a cheaper entry fee which will entice more to travel.

There are a select few that travel to each event and you girls should be commended, however, the problem is that is a select few. I could count you on my fingers.

Hopefully more turn up to this event...

All good but before we get into the old "how to get people to tournaments" let's stick to this one for a moment. Not getting into whether we should or shouldn't aspire to cover what part of the costs, I have one very simple question to the tournament director: are you willing to revisit the issue of your prize-fund?

Update Squad Listing

A Squad
1. Taya Reggars
2. Alex Winch
3. Hayley Donnelly
4. Alex Knapp
5. Ben Coupland
6. Jacinta Gililand
7. Bobby O'Reilly
8. Nathan Thompson
9. Jon Green
10. Nic Green
11. Bianca Flanagan
12. Stephen Cowland
13. Cassie Staudinger
14. David Porto
15. Tim Reichel
16. Glen Loader
17. Jessica Ryan
18. Dean Judd
19. Mel Warmington
20. Cassy Wellman
21. Daan Wijker
22. Hamish Rogers
23. Craig McCloskey
24. Adam Pringle
25. Kimberley-Rose Hanning
26. Kara Triulcio
27. Adam Hayward
28. Chris Castle
29. Emily Robertson
30. Matt Kanafa
31. Phillip Fagg
32. Luke Kairn
33. Dean McGregor
34. Brady Pirie

B Squad
1. Michelle Oberman
2. Malcolm Hunt
3. Rachael Wingett
4. Chris Wingett
5. Sean Vettiger
6. Ben Taylor
7. Brett Laird
8. Rochelle Mottlee
9. Mel Acworth
10. Brendan Meads
11. James Dent
12. Jess Needham
13. Anthony Manyelsdorf
14. Christopher Thompson
15. Matthew Simpsons
16. Scott Robinson
17. Matthew Smith
18. Matthew Fryer
19. Darcy Fox
20. Josh McLachlan
21. Reese Leckie

Regards
Cloe

Combine girls with guys and give the girls 8-10 pins per game!
They pay out is a JOKE!
The usual suspects of females that do travel to tournaments can definitely keep up with the gents!

If this is done you've got my entry!

Lindsay Kilpatrick

i have already asked to be placed in a squad. so can you please put me down for a squad

Hi,

So after three days no one has confirmed if the prize funds are correct or not.

I dont mind the payouts being the same if the projected number of participants were the same, lets say 30 for each gender.

If more than 30 women turn up then increase the prize fund and if they dont get the 30 cut their prize fund. And the same goes for the mens payout, it makes sense if you are to have the same payouts in each gender.

regards,
Marc

as i said i COMPLETELY agree with the up roar about the prize funds being the same, as a female i think it is wrong and we are the ones benefiting.....
what i am trying to point out is that if you are in bowling to make money you have chosen the wrong sport..... i am also pointing out that in 99% of the tournaments throughout australia, for a female bowler to make money they have to win and this is why females dont bowl anymore....?

if you are in it to make money GOOD LUCK..... the money you lose traveling to a tournament is much less that you would spend on a nite out anyways....? at least you are doing something worth while....
otherwise grin and bare it and just try and enjoy the sport for the fun time and the friendships you make.....!

hello all i was just as s#@ty as you all where but i just so happen to have a look at the 2006 entry form and if you all look at it you will see that it is the same as 2007 be sids one or 2 things ie entry fee and based numbers so i dont know what the problem is sue still got 55 to 60 for last year to so how about we all get behind sue and help make this a good tournament this year to

Hi all,

Just a quick note with an updated sqaud listing, though we now have an excess of bowlers wishing to bowl in A squad. Therefore we require a deposit to be paid to reserve your positions.

The first 33 bowlers to pay their deposits will be given these positions. All the other bowlers will be allocated to B squad who are also require to pay a deposit to secure their spots.

Payments can be made by either cheque, credit card or by paying cash direct to the centre.

Here is the updated squad listing.

A Squad

1. Rachelle Flynn deposit received
2. Taya Reggars
3. Hayley Donnelly
4. Ben Coupland
5. Alex Knapp
6. Jacinta Gililand
7. Bobby O'Reilly
8. Nathan Thompson
9. Jon Green
10. Nic Green
11. Bianca Flanagan
12. Stephan Cowland
13. Cassie Staudinger
14. David Porto
15. Tim Reichel
16. Glen Loader
17. Jessica Ryan
18. Dean Judd
19. Mel Warmington
20. Cassy Wellman
21. Daan Wijker
22. Hamish Rogers
23.Craig McCloskey
24. Adam Pringle
25. Kimberley Rose Hanning
26. Kara Triulcio
27. Adam Hayward
28. Chris Castle
29. Emily Robertson
30. Matt Kanafa
31. Phillip Fagg
32. Luke Kairn
33. Bart Jeffrey
34. Dean McGregor
35. Brady Pirie
36. Bryant Jefferies
37. Luke Green
38. Ben Taylor
39. Jess McGinty

B Squad

1. Phillip Mueller Entry Fee paid in full
2. Marcus Hold Deposit Received
3. Michelle Oberman
4. Malcolm Hunt
5. Rachael Wingett
6. Chris Wingett
7. Sean Vettiger
8. Jayde Flanagan
9. Brett Laird
10. Rochelle Mottlee
11. Mel Acworth
12. Brendan Meads
13. James Dent
14. Jess Needham
15. Anthony Manyelsdorf
16. Christopher Thompson
17. Matthew Simpson
18. Scott Robinson
19. Matthew Smith
20. Matthew Fryer
21. Alex Winch
22. Alex Winn
23. Darcy Fox
24. Krystal King
25. Josh McLachlan

Greenslopes Lanes

Just ring the centre if you can tomorrow Sunday (13.10) I will be there till 3 and I will be happy to help you.

07 3397 6191

Back
Top Bottom