2007 Mt Gravatt Youth Cup

• Thread starter ~ ` * LIZZE * ` ~
  • Start date
hey all just a quick update we are giving A squad one more week to fill a little other wise the tournament will be a one squad event.. the entry fee is $190 the prize fund will be up tonight or tomorrow.

Luke,

If A squad is cancelled and this is made a 1 squad event, is there any chance the starting time for qualifying could be brought forward? Rather than starting at 2pm and finishing late.. Say..10 or 11?

The Entry Form for this event will be posted within a few days and outlines all rules, squad times, qualifying and finals games etc. I'm sure all your questions will be answered then. Thankyou for your patience and enthusiasm.
Regards,
Sue Long
Tournament Director

Thanks again everyone for your continued enthusiasm for this event. As promised, please find attached Entry Form which I hope will answer many of your questions.

Just a couple of points to note:

1. Deposits are required for all entries. Squads will be finalised with those bowlers having paid their deposits getting first preference. Deposits may be paid by Cash, Cheque, EFT or Credit Card.

2. Squad A requires more bowlers to ensure it will be run. If you would like to bowl in this squad, please register your intent with the centre no later than Friday, February 9. A decision will be made on Saturday, February 10 regarding the number of squads to be run. Bowlers with deposits paid will be given first preference.

3. In the event that Squad A is cancelled, Squad B will be run at the advertised time. Changes to squad times may adversely affect some bowlers, therefore it will not be possible to change squad times.

Thanks again for your strong interest and support for this event.

Regards,
Sue Long
Tournament Director

Attachments

• Youth Cup Brochure - 2007.pdf
    486.1 KB · Views: 104
Stage 1 Qualifying
All bowlers will complete 10 games in one
appearance in their nominated squad. The top 18
males and 14 females will go through to Stage 2 of
qualifying. Pinfall carries over.

Stage 2 Qualifying
The top 18 males will bowl a further 5 games and the
top 12 females will bowl a further 4 games, moving lanes every game.

Elimination Final
The field will be cut to the top 18 males and 12 females.

Is it just me or do the numbers not add up here?

Top 14 females will go on to stage 2, but only 12 bowling..

Then it goes on to say that for the elimination finals, it cuts to the top 18 males and 12 females..

Has it not cut to 18 and 12 already? :confused:

Im not complaining, Im just confused. so can someone please tell the numbers for each cut?

Thanks
Alicia

the pay out looks some what interesting

I think there is something WRONG with that.. The Pay out looks very poor compared to last years, Plus i Quote ' the Field will be cut to top 18 males and 12 females. The bowlers then will be seeded 1 to 8' it just said it cuts to 18, then there will only be 8 bowlers in the Final????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

someone please fix this or make sense of this??

And whats the point of paying a deposits now when there is abit more then a week away?

Ashley Warren

The point of the deposit is if A squad gets cut and there is only B squad and its full then if there are people in B squad without deposits and people in A squad with deposits then the people in A squad will get the prefference of B squad and take those spots.

Hi all Mt Gravatt Youth Cup bowlers,

We apologise for the printing errors on the entry form and will have a new entry form uploaded as soon as possible.

Stage one should read top 18 males and top 12 females will go through to stage 2, pinfall carries over.

Stage 2 top 18 males will bowl 5 games and top 12 females will bowl 4 games, changing lanes after each game.

Elimination final, the field will cut to top 8 male and female.

The reason we are asking for deposits is to confirm entries and also as B squad is being capped at 60 bowlers. First 60 with deposits will be in B squad.

Thank you
Sue Long
Tournament Director

just letting you know if you don't allow everyone to bowl that does put there name down then the bowl and the tournament will lose money!

and is anyone gunna tell me why girls don't bowl as many games as the guys but still have to pay the same amount???

Attached is the amended entry form. We apologise for any confusion created by the typo's.

To clear up some questions I have been asked, please note the following:

1. Deposits are to be paid to the Mt Gravatt Centre (not Greenslopes). Thanks to those bowlers who have paid their deposits so quickly.

2. Girls are bowling only 1 game less than boys.

3. Prize fund is equivalent to 2006 but has been re-distributed to reward more participants than previously.

4. Should the event become a 1 squad event, there will be no cap on the number of entries.

Thankyou
Sue Long
Tournament Director

Attachments

• Youth Cup Brochure - 2007.pdf
    486 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom