2007 ACT Prseident Shield / Youth Roll Offs Day 1

Craigy

Well after a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long day at tuggeranong here are the results from day 1.
We have 2 more days next weekend at both Queanbeyan and Belconnen bowling 7 games each day.

Attachments

• Mens Days 1 2007.JPG
    Mens Days 1 2007.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Boys Day 1 2007.JPG
    Boys Day 1 2007.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 173
  • Womens Day 1 2007.JPG
    Womens Day 1 2007.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Girls Day 1 2007.JPG
    Girls Day 1 2007.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 157
Geez Michael, the world is so impatient, I'm impressed you've sat down and typed it all out again though.

I would've given you the spreadsheet if you'd asked, you know...

Good luck all, it's only going to get tougher from here :)

Thanks Michael

You have given everyone the results over the past few years which has been appreciated by all. The detail is really great. The one thing that wasn't mentioned was that the conditions were really hard and this can be seen by the number of 200 games, 11 in all out of 194 games bowled.

It will be interesting if that condition is used for the Teams Challenge in 3 weeks time....................

Good luck to next week.

Colin

Goodluck to all...
Specially Craigy & Kyle...

Indeed looked pretty tough out there today!
Seeeya!

Well Done to anyone averaging over 140 hahahaha!!!
Best of luck for the next round to Craigy, Kyle, Sess Jeddon (haha!!), and the rst of the crew!!!

Without having witnessed the shield roll off first hand I would have to say the scores indicate it was more than likely not a '200' shot. Maybe more around a 180 -190 type ave was now the card. This type of average can be acheived purely with spares...the players may have to adjust their thinking and not chase the 200 but keep the ball in play and clean up whats left.

Brett may choose to test the adults at the Teams challenge...lets hope so. (I'll be on the beach in Mexico...enjoy)

Cheers

Drew

Hi all..

The pattern selected by the Committee was the 2005 Adult Nationals Pattern (ie short oil pattern). You can go to the TBA Site to view the pattern...

I must admit I was surprised at the scores but what was more of a shock was the amount of easy spares that were missed on the day...

It is true that Strikes do make for high score, but spares still win games...

Good luck to all next weekend..

As for a pattern for the Challenge, Im hoping the Nationals pattern is released by then so that we see how it plays....

And in regards to you sitting on the beach....I hope you get a sunburn...:p

Brett

Bert said:
I must admit I was surprised at the scores but what was more of a shock was the amount of easy spares that were missed on the day...
It is true that Strikes do make for high score, but spares still win games...

I have to agree with Brett here although it was a challenging pattern that played very different than expected on the day there were alot of easy spares missed on the weekend (espically by myself lol) which kept the scores down but if you made a good shot you would get results.

Goodluck to all the bowlers for next weekend and maybe bretts post and point about sparing is something to look at for all the bowlers trying to make the teams this year ;)

Michael

Note to all who have an interest, Justin Petrass is awarded an additional 8 pins in game 3, making 149.

This was brought to our attention this evening and verified by the bowl computer.

Seperately, it seemed to me that most bowlers kept trying to bowl at the shot they expected to be down, and didn't manage to adjust as well as desired.

I've mentioned it to many people, I'd suggest that everyone forgets what they think they know about the way Belconnen plays and just plays the shot available on the day when it comes. Otherwise, it's not going to get any better...

woo three out of the 11 200 games were mine to lol,
yeh hopefully we have some high games this saturday aswell
goodluck to everyone trying out to it was defenitly a close day yesterday tho. now lets just see if me and jon can make it lol

Brett mentioned yesterday that 80% of spares were missed on sunday which is quite a bit lol. i know i meissed ALOT of easy spares and it shows in my **** scores

yeah thanks jeff and brad for doing that. for anyone who knows my mum, u will know what she is like with all her little calculations lol, thats how we found out that there was a mistake lol. and again thanks jeff and brad.

congrats to carranna who threw the highest game of the day with a very nice 232, well done :) .

hoova said:
yeah thanks jeff and brad for doing that...

Now that's why we do these things.

Any time, Justin.

For future reference though, it helps if you don't write the wrong score on your scoresheet :)

actually Jeff it helps if we are told that our scores need to be written down. i know alot of people who didnt see score sheets until about 5th or 6th game and some didn't see them at all and noone that i know knew that the scores needed to be recorded

Completely understand, the scoresheet was a late consideration, I was just going to take it from the printouts.

Someone filled the scoresheet in, and wrote 141 on it is my point :)

I'll get Scott to remind on the scoresheets at Queanbeyan this weekend. As a reminder to all, early start on Saturday remember! :D

Good luck to everyone for the last 2 days of rolling off this weekend. Especially Craigy, Kyle, Jess and Nick :cool:

Well done Nick of coming 1st so far with ur kick ass average of 179! ;) Keep it up hehe :p And to my Jess also. You go girl :D mwah

Taya

Congratulations Michael Cunningham, who netted himself a 298 in Game 9 of our Sheild rolloffs at Queanbeyan. It's the highest game by a junior in Queanbeyan in a long long time.

The cuts didn't change much, but the averages improved a lot. I'm not going to give you much of an update right now, Mikel will post the scores etcetera after the team announcement tomorrow from his funky spreadsheet

Okay, Trials have been completed, congratulations to all, really. Todays special mention was Sarah Taylor shooting a PB 211, whoo!

I've emailed Mikel the scores, I'm sure he's busily plugging them into his format and he'll post them when he's done.

So, the "results":
Boys Shield
Pos Bowler Pinfall Avg
1 GREEN Nick 4073 194.0
2 CUNNINGHAM Michael 3867 184.1
3 SANCHANA Mark 3781 180.0
4 PETRASS Justin 3742 178.2
5 COOK Mitchell 3707 176.5
6 GREEN Jon 3697 176.0
7 SIMPSON Leigh 3670 174.8
8 WEBBER Kyle 3650 173.8
9 WHITFIELD Daryl 3483 165.9
10 FITZPATRICK Corwyn 3457 164.6
11 PURCELL Tim 3384 161.1
12 MUNGOVAN Tim 3223 153.5
13 QUIGGIN Geoffrey 3004 143.0

Girls Shield
Pos Bowler Pinfall Avg
1 MORRIS Carranna 3788 180.4
2 TAYLOR Vikki 3577 170.3
3 GUY Krystal 3217 153.2
4 HARRADINE-HALE Chloe 3216 153.1
5 WILLIS Rhiannon 3203 152.5
6 HAMLET Alyssa 3090 147.1
7 HACKETT Sarah 2970 141.4
8 COOPER Emilie 2868 136.6
9 TAYLOR Sarah 2848 135.6

Mens Youth
Pos Bowler Pinfall Avg
1 GREEN Nick 4073 194.0
2 CRAIG Michael 3959 188.5
3 SIMPSON Dale 3859 183.8
4 COOK Mitchell 3707 176.5
5 GREEN Jon 3697 176.0
6 POMMER Michael 3387 161.3

Womens Youth
Pos Bowler Pinfall Avg
1 SEDDON Jessica 3741 178.1
2 BALLARD Sarrah 3499 166.6
3 WILLIS Roseanne 3477 165.6

congrats to everyone for making a great roll offs. lookin forward to bowlin wit u guys at nats, should be an awesome week or howeva long it is. congrats to michael wit ur 298 game and to nick you bowled so awesomely, betta keep it up at nats lol

also congrats to carranna, you did awesome. rhino, u did so good to bowl throught your stoopid thumb, i think you just cut it off and bowl belmo style lol. krystal, u did so good, you got ur third spot, by one pin! and well done sarah for that awesome 211 game. well done to chloe, u kept fightin till the end, you bowled so good.

oh and welll done nathan for gettin through the weekend! haha

thats all i got so il just say we should be in for a few trophies at shield!

cheers
hoova

Back
Top Bottom