2003 South Australian Rachuig Roll Offs

Hey y'all!

I have just realised, that since the women only bowled 6 games today at Village bowl, I don't have the mens standings. I have asked Tash to post em as soon as possible.. :D

Here are the Womens anyway...

( 1 ) Martina Smith 2764 - 197 - 59.14
( 2 ) Alley Dutton-Briant 2647 - 189 - 57.47
( 3 ) Lorna Johnson 2616 - 186 - 56.16
( 4 ) Jo Babic 2705 - 193 - 56.05
( 5 ) Shelley Cottrell - 2543 - 181 - 54.43
( 6 ) Mel Pryor 2518 - 179 - 52.14
( 7 ) Tash Billing 2464 - 176 - 52.14
-------------------------------------------------------
( 8 ) Tracy Golding 2409 - 172 - 52.09
( 9 ) Helen Pellegrini 2383 - 170 - 50.33
(10) Lorraine Newport 2278 - 162 - 47.28
(11) Micky Cleggett 2232 - 159 - 46.32
(12) Hayley Turner 2181 - 155 - 44.31

I am so sorry i dont have the mens results from today aswell, i only have up until game 6 when we finished.. Sorry - hoping Tash remembers to do it later 8)

Cheers....
Martina

Ok here are the mens results as i promised marty :D

1 Bruno Maglieri - 3390 - 211 - 72.40
2 Ben Billing - 3280 - 205 - 72.30
3 Rob Chinner - 3440 - 215 - 71.40
4 Sam Parella - 3346 - 209 - 70.48
5 Tony Cottrell - 3280 - 205 - 70.30
6 Des Wragg - 3178 - 198 - 69.28
7 Rob Modra - 3238 - 202 - 68.38
-----------------------------------------------
8 Tavis Johnson - 3127 - 195 - 68.27
9 Scott Smith - 3177 - 198 - 67.27
10 Tony Long - 3214 - 200 - 67.14
11 Ray Hulme - 3113 - 194 - 66.13
12 Chris Williams - 3087 - 192 - 64.37
13 David Sniedze - 3026 - 189 - 64.26
14 Darren Hannam - 2990 - 186 - 63.40
15 Bill Johnson - 3050 - 190 - 62.00
16 Danny Ross - 3015 - 188 - 61.15

Good Luck to all bowlers for the final day at woodville :D

( GO BEN :wink: )

go ben u say tash??? gee i wonder why?? :lol: anyway how were the conditions out there today :p damn shame i didnt get a birth to bowl would have been nice to shoot some telephone numbers :lol: but due to circumstances beyond my control this didnt happen :roll: but as some one told me today.. u get that just have to deal with it. goodluck to everyone tomorro or is it today now?? DONT BE LATE :wink:

go tash :p

P.S well bowled to the cripple... marty.. do u reckon we could stop ya blowing centers to pieces if u have no hands :lol: or maybe just no fingers?? :p

cheers spence 8)

Not happy!

For some stuffed up reason, total bowling logged me out. Not impressed especially after i had typed everything out and all the results.. In brief, here are the teams that representing South Australia for Rachuig 2003 in finishing order.

MEN

Bruno Maglieri
Rob Chinner
Sam Parrella
Ben Billing
Tony Cottrell (no relation to Shelley) :D
Tavis Johnson
Rob Modra

WOMEN

Martina Smith
Alley Dutton-Briant
Lorna Johnson
Jo Babic
Shelley Cottrell
Tash Billing
Mel Pryor

Management Team yet to be decided, nominations close this evening at 12 midnight.. Will keep you all posted on that.

Sorry again, but the results woulda been here if not for being logged out. Will post when i can be bothered again :? lol

Be good and if you can't be good, be very, very careful!!

Martina

P.S - SPENCE, thanks for those kind words early this morning too. Means alot. What you got to say now :wink: :wink: lol

Well as promised here are the full final results of trials...

MEN
------

( 1 ) Bruno Maglieri 4973 - 216 - 111.23
( 2 ) Rob Chinner 4921 - 213 - 107.21
( 3 ) Sam Parrella 4735 - 205 - 103.35
( 4 ) Ben Billing 4606 - 200 - 102.31
( 5 ) Tony Cottrell 4699 - 204 - 101.49
( 6 ) Tavis Johnson 4503 - 195 - 98.28
( 7 ) Rob Modra 4539 - 197 - 97.39
---------------------------------------------------
( 8 ) Chris Williams 4466 - 194 - 97.16
( 9 ) Bill Johnson 4483 - 194 - 96.33
(10) Tony Long 4444 - 193 - 95.44
(11) Scott Smith 4458 - 193 - 95.08
(12) Ray Hulme 4364 - 189 - 94.14
(13) David Sniedze 4280 - 186 - 92.30
(14) Des Wragg 4312 - 187 - 92.12
(15) Darren Hannam 4267 - 185 - 91.17
(16) Danny Ross 4178 - 181 - 85.28

WOMEN
-----------

( 1 ) Martina Smith 3769 - 198 - 83.19
( 2 ) Alley Dutton-Briant 3572 - 188 - 80.22
( 3 ) Lorna Johnson 3607 - 189 - 80.07
( 4 ) Jo Babic 3697 - 194 - 79.47
( 5 ) Shelley Cottrell 3356 - 176 - 74.06
( 6 ) Tash Billing 3375 - 177 - 73.25
( 7 ) Mel Pryor 3432 - 180 - 72.32
----------------------------------------------------------
( 8 ) Tracy Golding 3285 - 172 - 71.35
( 9 ) Lorraine Newport 3210 - 168 - 67.10
(10) Hayley Turner 3162 - 166 - 66.12
(11) Helen Pellegrini 3125 - 164 - 65.25
(12) Micky Cleggett 3050 - 160 - 64.00

These are the FINAL results... The MEN bowled 15 head to head games - as they cut to 16. Hence why the points and averages are sooooo much more than the women. The WOMEN only bowled 11 head to head games as we only had 12 women. Had 13 but one withdrew before saturday.

So, CONGRATS again to all that made it, and no i am not posting these results because i finished first.. Woulda done it anyway incase anyone wants to be smart :evil:

So, goodluck to us all and lets bring home the trophies in November!!

Yours in bowling,
Martina

marty 1 question.. who is ROD chinner i mean i know a ROB chinner is that his brother or somethin??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
and isnt tavis a lucky lucky boy?? and to think he could have been out yesterday
congratulations to all that made the team hope you get as good management as the team you have deserves :p

cheers spence 8)

How long since Tony C's made a Rachiug team? well bowled to Mods and Benny too. Hopefully see a few of you lot at Melbourne cup or Barossa (if its on)

hey everyone i would just like to congratulate everyone on making the team i know we will all have the best time in townsville will talk to you all soon
cheers mel :D :D :D

Why Tenpin Bowling will never be a "sport"

Many of us for years have worked behind the scenes to promote our sport and to gain recognition as a sport.

The theme running through the posts on the rolloffs is the reason this will never happen.

The differance between 10 pin Bowlers and lets say Golfers is that Golfers world Wide will kill to play at St. Andrews. Why? Simply because this is un-questionably the most difficult course in the world.

Golfers in the main are Sportsmen. They relish in difficult conditions and every day they play someone shifts the pin position. So where you were able to read the greens yesterday today they are dead slow and the hole is on the opposite side of the green.

Can you imagine any good Golfer complaining about super slow greens or wet fairways. I think not.

Bowlers want to play on easy conditions. Not that I have a problem with that, my problem is with the public airing of the conditions they bowl on.

Bowling is a thinkers game just as all other sports. The people who make the cut think about their game every moment they bowl.

Most of those that do not make it fail because they are doomed after the 5th frame of game 1.

If it is not a near perfect condition they focus on this not how to overcome it. Whats worse is that they then want to tell the world. And surprise, surprise the world and its sports administrators are eager to listen.

Allow Bowling to become a sport? What, and let these people join Tennis Players and Netballers and Cricketers and so on.

No it will never happen.

So then really I suppose its OK to winge because you are only playing a game, not a sport. Pity that.

"
Golfers in the main are Sportsmen. They relish in difficult conditions and every day they play someone shifts the pin position. So where you were able to read the greens yesterday today they are dead slow and the hole is on the opposite side of the green.

Can you imagine any good Golfer complaining about super slow greens or wet fairways. I think not. "

Now didnt they abondon a days play in a golf tounament in Melbourne recently due to the greens not being to standand and play the tounament one day short.

These days thing like approach conditions can be a safety issue too, especially seeing when some people fall over they're on the phone to their lawyer before they hit the ground......

That's funny I didn't think anyone was complaining about the conditions, the thing is golfers don't take 5 steps to the line and swing,
plus the balls a little bit lighter.......do ya think!
bye now
tony

Predictable for each reply to look at the topic in the narrowist possible way.

Its the big picture the "sport" needs its top performers to zero in on. You people are the voice of the game. Dont waste it on petty topics.

Hey look at how well so and so bowled, or wow she bowled brilliantly on difficult conditions.

Or just for a change engage in some meaningfull discussions with the guy who conditions the lanes BEFORE the tournament. Just a couple of key stroke entries and you can have any condition you so desire. All you have to do is ask.

Buffing the approaches prior to the days play can also be done very easily. This make them a little fast but if every one knows its fine.

TBA could so simply give the Centre a conditioning pattern and thats that. Norwood borrowed the Kegal for this very reason.

Its was nice to see one reply was from a person with a name. Again predicitable.

well i've tried my hardest to stay out of this but there is too many issues that need to be addressed..

im not sure if everyone knows correct me if im wrong but chris usher is one of the partners in ingle farm bowland?? not only that but is also the 'main man' when it comes to resurfacing lanes in australia and the asia pacific region??

hence him having a good old dig at us bowlers when we tear his centre apart, the conditions he puts down and the approaches that im sure he controls the surface of!

anyway to your posts chris..

comparing bowlers to golfers... well firstly your comparing stateside bowlers to national quality golfers and a, small never gunna hold a national tournament bowling centre to, a world recognised world class golf course that yes people would kill to play on is ridiculous!
tell me why these people want to play this course..? who cares if its the most challenging course in the world? if the greens are hacked, the fairways unkept, trees fallen, bunkers not raked..do you think it would hold majors then?? i think not! people dont just want to play that course cuz its challenging.. its well kept, its a real showpiece and a model to the world (and its got a wild club house) the greens may change and conditions too, and yes the pin moves day to day (same as frame to frame, rack to rack, lane to lane at ingle farm) but yes, a good sportsman will adjust what is in his/her control but, take the golfer (for example) put him on quicksand or lets see.. marbles, just change the surface where he tees off enough to affect or hinder his footing and see if he has something to say then?? and gee could you imagine if the television showed the footage of pro golfers spitting about conditions?? what would happen? would we all think that gee they really are human..? your right tho it doesnt happen all the time and good sportsmen will adjust but humans will complain and, there is a saying that a bad tradesman always blames his tools, but what if the materials hes using are second rate and causing the probs not the tools? is this saying then correct??

on the flipside you dont see or hear from les burdett the curator at adelaide oval (another world standard sporting arena) saying its the cricketers who cant adjust or, im not doing anything different unless im asked.. a simple adjustment on the roller would fix it but cant be bothered taking the initiative to do it myself.. no hes not interested in anything but pleasing the players that grace his pitch, the crowd that comes to watch them perform and the glory of having the ground he looks after recognised as one of the top five cricket pitches in the WORLD! im sure its still a challenge to play there but its also a pleasure.. and why is this??? because the man responsible for the maintenance, upkeep and conditions at this venue takes the initiatave and pride in his work and not cuz he passes the buck when good times go bad but cuz he makes the bad time better again!

i think your problem with the public airing the conditions they bowl on is this time it affects you! nobody likes bad publicity especially if their business is surfaces and the complaints are about surfaces that they control.. but just remember all publicity is good in one way or another;)

bowlers dont want to play on easy conditions, its not a game if you dont have think but we just ask for conditions that suit the purpose of the activity. and why is it that you need to be told what is required?? is it hard to ask?? all comes down to pride and dedication i think..

when it comes to making cuts your right the people who make it think about their game all the time but, how do you make it past frame 5 game 1 when you blow out your knee cuz the approach is INCONSISTENT and where you slid before you now stuck.. now i know rob chinner blew the house to pieces (like usual) but im sure he went for a walk to have a closer look at the pins more than once..?? :lol:

you also made reference to golfers coming back to the same course the next day and conditions being different.. i think one of the points on this topic was that no-one had this opportunity to play again and recover on a different condition.. one day cut throat..! bit strange to pick a team from a condition that they wont be competing on.. take golf again do you pick a state team from the local putt put course??? :roll:

the reason this 'game' wont become a sport is because it takes two to tango.. both sides of the fence need to work together not against each other.. im more than willing to sit and have discussions to resolve issues but no one wants to listen to me or give me valid reasons why things r how they are, so till someone allows me and the other people who are the PAYING customers to have a voice this game will idle as it is now.. strange how it all revolves around bussiness in the end.. product and purchase.. maybe some people might understand that a little better...

im sure as adrian mentioned safety is an issue too.. pubic liability i think is the word..

i think that covers this topic in the broadest possible way
and for those who dont know me the name is Adam Spencer
just so you all dont go getting me confussed with someone else 8) oh and no im not on triple j :lol:

yibbada yibbada thats all folks
cheers spence 8)

nice book adam..few good valid points, I was told once that a sport most comparable to bowling and far as the mental game and being a individual out there is golf...once quoted by one of our own "graham Smith" plus other valid points he said but just can't remember any of them at the moment.
Golfers I presume don't have to take a 3 ,4 or 5 step approach to the tee.....however I like to see that..... I also saw at the country cup how difficult they looked, and to hear robby...tony long....a few others having difficulty with them was unfortunate. Avoidable or not.......who knows........good conditions for the bowlers that plant there foot at the line but those that want to slide......a problem. Look at the ongoing problems Woodville have had over the years.........Now I know you a long time chris.....way back to the Whyalla days....or when you were starting out in the business of installations of bowling centres.......trying to compare bowlers or judge them I wouldn't try to do...predictable or not.........come back when you understand the game fully at our so called level. (if you can)
Tony Stoppel

Back
Top Bottom