Who has Facebook

Couldnt agree more Mrs P....

the drama's ive seen FB cause are ridiculous.

20 years from now, no one will know how to talk to each other.

Each to their own but im not going near it.

Facebook is easy... If you don't want to tell personal stuff then don't. For me it's convenient to keep in touch with people who are interstate but posting inane senseless stuff shi.s me. But nothing beats a good old fashioned phone call...

Just another question which might be a little off topic... What is the difference between posting on Total Bowling of posting on Facebook?

Agree with all of that Mickyd.

To answer the question though...

The difference is that this group of forums has a purpose, in most cases the theme of the conversation is whatever the thread topic is. Sure we go off on a tangent every now and then, but essentially the forums here are used to communicate on a specific topic related to one theme.... bowling.

As for facebook.... i hate some of the stuff that i get told about, to the point i have said to peoples face, dont tell me about what he said she said on facebook i simple do not care.

You are right it is easy for people to use it correctly, but its the misuse of it that i have a problem with. Abusing, harrassing and b*tching on facebook is out of control, ive actually not heard a 'good news' story out of facebook, id be happy to hear one.

The worst case ive heard is the poor family who found out their Son and Brother had died in a car accident because one of the survivors posted RIP *insert name here* whilst being treated for minor injuries whilst still at the scene fully aware his mate was dead still in the car. A stupid one off decision by the facebook poster? Probably. But still imagine logging onto facebook and being made aware of a death in the family before the police can even identify you. Feel sorry for the family. *rant end*

Agree with you there Roy... Facebook as a tool is useful but like any tool if it's misused it can cause a great deal of pain...

What is the difference between posting on Total Bowling of posting on Facebook?
TB doesn't join the dots about your affairs: where you've been, who else you may know, where you work, what else apart from bowling you do in your spare time, your family members, health matters, financial matters, relationships, etc

It's like a giant jigsaw puzzle - small pieces gradually forming a greater and more detailed picture. Snag is that once the info is out there it cannot ever be deleted or retracted.

Not that I disagree with anything that anyone has said regarding the difference between TB and Facebook but there is nothing stopping people from posting inane and senseless garbage on here... But you will find less people on here willing to respond to crap like that than you would on facebook... That and the fact that most people realise this is a dedicated bowling forum and try to keep things oriented that way... With the exception of the lounge... :)

facebook has more bowling news than any thread run by people who think they can control everything :)

Facebook is now using Facial Recognition as well so to all who don't know about this you can block it in your settings.

You can delete your Facebook account but it takes 2 weeks before Everything is Fully Deleted off their servers.
But to find out How to Delete Your Account is HIDDEN.
Google it is the best way to find out how to do this.

I agree with Roy's post above and Mickyd's as well there is good and bad in all its the way they are used.

Lyndon

You know, I hope I don’t offend here and apologies up front if I do.

I have resisted Face Book for years. Being in I.T. and having sat through many security meetings about Face Book and the like I would probably not ever touch it.

I had this conversation with a work colleague, to me it needs to be regulated a lot better before joining.

My general thought is as follows, Drink Driving with adults is as bad as Teenagers on Face Book. When used by the irresponsible they ruin lives for years to come.

Please don't get me started on Twitter or Tumbler as I have a 17 year old that will tell the world that he hates you while smiling across the dinner table. Pretty sad really.

I also understand that the use of Face Book was for making friends, they sadly forgot how un-kind humans can be. Kind of goes with the death of common sense and treating people the way you like to be treated.

But each to their own and this is just my personal opinion whilst also understanding that other will not share the same view.

And I am OK with that.

Not that I disagree with anything that anyone has said regarding the difference between TB and Facebook but there is nothing stopping people from posting inane and senseless garbage on here... But you will find less people on here willing to respond to crap like that than you would on facebook... That and the fact that most people realise this is a dedicated bowling forum and try to keep things oriented that way... With the exception of the lounge... :)

Ummm, there are moderators on this site, so yeah, the inane, senseless postings are moderated & filtered out, so we don't get them...

I became a face book user a couple years ago to try to locate some old Army buddies. I was successful in finding who I was looking for and that started a chain reaction of finding others. After getting Email addresses I was done with FB, I was going to close it out or what ever and my wife wouldn't let me, she said it was to entertaining. So to each their own, if you look you will find me their, and and if it looks like am on there it's probably my wife.

Back
Top Bottom