What ball should i get? help me!!

dacrim

Im looking to buy a new bawling ball but have no idear what to get, I currently bowl with a slight back up, any sugestions? possible looking at hammer switch or razor blade, ebonite big time pearl or even the columbia scout? Can any one help give me an idear of what might suite me?
Looking at spending $200 - $300

Lots of things to think about first...
Where are you? What are the lane conditions like where you bowl? What are you using at the moment, what is your current average and are you intending to continue bowling backup?
If it is a first resin ball, and you want to learn to bowl a hook ball and basically get your game together, virtually any mid-range ball will do, unless you bowl on really dry or really wet lanes. Of the balls you have mentioned, the Hammer Switch Blade is a nice ball, and will have a bit more go than a Scout, and either would be a good choice. Haven't seen the others working so can't really comment on them. Have you discussed what you want with your local pro shop guy or coach?

Thanks Rob,
Im currently bowling at Chadstone, lane conditions are usually med to heavy. Yes Im seeing my local pro shop wendsday as my current coach is over seas. my current avg is 132, and currently im bowling with an the old AMF blue Power-up.
Thanks for your thoughts and i would welcome any other sugestions also.

Rob Wood

There is a huge selection of balls out there for what you want. It all depends on price, ball speed, how you are going to drill it, lane conditions etc etc...

Here is a list of balls to consider, as there are many out on the market...

Ebonite- anything from to Elements series, tornado series, classic series
visionary- gargoyle series would be your best bet
storm- hit line, tropical storm line, hot rod line, flash line...
columbia- scout/messenger lines
track- heat series
brunswick- groove series

And the list goes on.

All these balls are available at a discounted rate from Bowling balls Australia

Best bet is to go with a coach/ball driller and ask for their advise on which one might suit your game, and learn a real hook delivery for future high scores!!!

Hope this helps, good luck

Razor Blade go the Razor Blade, i got my drilled on fri, spent some time with the ball, 2day i figured out how to bowl good, got it drilled 3'' (leverage pattern i think ) away from the pin i think it is, bowling it down 5 board gets awesome backend reaction, but now i bowl throught 15-20 and then shoots out to 5-10 and then hooks in massive, bowling on a med oil conodition, and i basicly just have to support the ball off my hands and then let the ball do the work 4 me. i have also got a switch blade but not drilled up yet. there r only 2 differences between them, 1. the Razor Blade has Hammer's new Cut Thoart Cover stock while the switch blade has a reactive cover stock, 2. the finishs r different, Razors a sanded finish while the switch is a polish. so bowling back up wouldnt b much of a problem i think, but if u think the razor hooks to much 4 ya, go the switch or a groove i still bowl with my groove spare ball really except the 10 pin and i have an 150 ave if u want to know

Back
Top Bottom