Results from the much awaited BOWLER OF THE YEAR for hobart

D

DJ Luko

ok after quickly organising the tourni we have run it and run quite successfully.

the format was as follows round 1 12 bowlers bowl 7 games . the top five bowlers after 7 games total pinfal progress the the stepladder final. with the top qualifyer reserving the right to repercharge.

The top five were as follows:

5th - Paul Lucock
4th - Matt Cramond
3rd - Paul Oakley
2nd - Adam Lucock
1st - Aaron Franklin

now after 6 months off paul lucock only just scraped into the stepladder with a 198 ave but this average was to change after the first match against matty cramond. paul never looked like loosing with a 278 game and progressed to play paul oakley.

starting strong paul l was in control of the match leading by 20 pins untill paul o scraped back needing to strike outin the tenth to give paul l a run for his money. alas a cold 10 pin closed the door.

now paul was to play his little brother in a rematch of previous tourni's
both started out a tad scratchy with paul gaining a 20 pin lead thanx to a couple of open frames by little bro. clawing his way back to be only ten pins down adam (little bro) needed to bag out in the tenth to claim victory but another cold tenpin saw paul advance to the championship match.

aaron franklin , after qualifying top with a big 220 ave was ready for this match opening strongly with a double only to be matched by paul. The disaster struck with a nastily timed 7-10 split from the pocket halted his run with paul striking twice more to go to a 30 odd pin lead.. aaron clawed back needing once again to bag out to beat paul but another tenpin stopped that with paul taking out the first match. after asking aaron if he wanted to use the repercharge match i was slapped and the second match was in progress. paul never looked in doubt gaining the upper handand taking it out strongly to claim his 6th bwoler of the year in a row.

congrats to paul and to the rest of us...well BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR!

cheers

peace out

tha DJ

Thanks for the update Adam .. it's good to keep an eye on whats happening around the place.

Sounds like the left was Ok ..... lol

Just an idea .... any reason why this little torny you guys have going couldnt be turned into a 'Tassie' bowler of the year and open it up for anyone around the state too enter???

Just trying to get something else that we can all bowl in!!! It doesn't always have to be about money for some of us!! It's about bowler against other bowlers that ....... can bowl!!!

Reply with your thoughts!!!

Later!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

luko, i reckon i could go down to Hobart and pull out the old left handed shot and average the card, but i did like ur commetary, i heard ur going for commetary team captain if Richie retires??, or friday night football with eddie. seeya at the skins on this 1/8 of a board area that we have achieved....lol
icon_biggrin.gif

hey scotti and mark thanx for posting on this subject!

well i totally agree with the idea of a state bowler of the year. what we need to run a tourni like this is a representive from each of the areas to gather stats and bowlers

maybe a format like highest four aves in each centre qualify or even points for tourni finishes

what is the point of view up in the north of a tourni of this magnitude

i reckon its a good idea andif the bowlers support it theres no reason why we cant get some good sponsorship if needed

cheers

dj luko

Back
Top Bottom