Rachuig Rolloffs - Final Standings

Thanks for the comments guys and girls,doctors report,sprained ankle,dislocated big right toe,crack in T7 and T8 vertibrae,out for possibly 3 months but hopfully sooner and i would love too be in a winning rachuig side as much as the next tasmanian,and anyway,i have gone right of bourbon,sothern comfort is the way to go now and whilst im away it will be as a minimum cause im not as young as i used to be and i wont be bringing my children with me,it is very hard to look after a 6 and 7 year old when you are trying to concentrate,thankyou to my mom for taking the children to your place in the 21st game,thank god for moms :)

Best of bowling to those that were successfull. About time that trophy came to Tassie again. 20 yrs is long enough.
Anybody know where the members of that team are now?
Maybe a re-union or something should be organised.

Mich said:
Best of bowling to those that were successfull. About time that trophy came to Tassie again. 20 yrs is long enough.
Anybody know where the members of that team are now?
Maybe a re-union or something should be organised.

Alan Coleman has come back to bowling in the last year or so, plays in a morning league and still shooting over the card.

Rodney Radcliffe didn't bowl virtually at all during the 90's. Came back about 4 years ago and is in the ATBSO and bowls in Centre League, still going pretty well.

Eric Challenor (Manager) is still about, doesn't bowl league or tournaments anymore but throws a few games down with Mr Tilla on a Sunday morning for fun.

Danny Corbett doesn't bowl anymore, retired around '93/'94 but still pops into the bowl most tournaments or Thursday nights for a look and a chat.

Scott Johnson retired from bowling in 1994/95 I believe, hasn't bowled since.
I used to see him at the football out at KGV now and then, he said he reckoned the game was getting too easy and that he didn't plan on coming back to bowling.

Geoff Todd, I have no idea where he is now. I haven't seen him since the late 80's.

Tony Giunta bowled in the last Rachuig ever staged at Moonah (1991), but I've not seen him since then. Some of the northern posters might know where he is now.

Peter Dunlop - no idea, haven't seen him around bowling for a long, long, long time.

Eric still bowls league on Tuesday nights.

Sott Johnson is too interested in playing golf at Claremont (sad person... I mean Claremont of all places.. ;)) Had a talk to him about a month ago. Said there was 3 chances of him making a comeback... bucklies, none and f*** all.

Yes,Tony Giunta does live in Scottsdale, called in to his house about a year ago when I was out that way, I have his phone number somewhere if needed.

Toddy ( Geoff Todd) is still alive and kicking. Now lives on the NW coast. Went back to bowling a few years back but had to give it away due to a bad shoulder. I got his phone no if anyone interested.

ok im not going to get into a insult bash here.

i havent been on these forums for quite a while so i have been reading through various threads.

looks like a few people have been jumping on that ole bandwagon of bashing on paul. hey its your choice but heres a little tip my friends...

Im writing this fresh off a shalacking in the final of the vip classic. I thought i was half a chance until i played paul. the guy is unstoppable in hobart. You all dont like him running his mouth about how good he is. Well im sorry but until one of you lazy a**es steps up and actually beats him and beats him consistently then you have to listen to him talking himself up. its called bragging rights buddies. And yes he hasnt really performed in other centres in tasmania yet but theres only one guy that has been consistenly doing that over the years and thats pretty much ashley riley.

Weed said:
The way you have been bowling at Moonah in leagues apart from your once off high games you cant back your mouth up. From a bad back when bowling bad to a chipped bone in the foot apparently, really you aint that good mate

umm dude, i think pauls has just made you look like a pin head. For what i can recall hes just been congratulated on back to back 700 series with the higher of the two being a 798 for three. correct me if im wrong but you need pretty much 3 high games in the series to shoot that. And he just destroyed the field in the VIP classic so i think that pretty much looks like backing his mouth up. But hey, you obviously know what you're talking about.

ok thats enough about that.

one last thing before i go.

one thing i really noticed was the lack of cheering for paul in the tournament and for me too i guess. i mean i can kinda understand not wanting to cheer for paul since he has been caning the opposition lately and running his mouth a bit about how good he is. but i hardly had support against my opponents. only from alan coleman (who had me in the calcutta so that doesnt count lol) and a few of the juniors around the place. (thanks to the ppl who supported me!)

it actually was quite funny when both paul and i made the final of the vip classic. i think the crowd didnt want to cheer for anyone! haha so they gave us each a gentlemens clap after each strike. it was quite proper! lol

i havent been bowling for two or so years now so i couldnt have done anything to upset anyone i dont think.....
the only thing i can think of is the fact i had the name 'Lucock' on my back. For some reason if someone doesnt like paul, they tend to not like me either which is dissapointing. try to remember i am a different person and not controlled by whatever paul does.

i mean i dont really care about it that much but what im trying to say is, we need to support our bowlers more if we are to bring home the trophy in rachuig next year at moonah. I am passionate about doing it for tassie but if some of the people arent going to show at least a little respect then why is it worth it?

ok, i know ive probably sounded like a crybaby there its its just been playing on my mind a little bit over the years.... if anyone has opinions on this then id like to hear them. If you want to talk trash to me, just remember i AM capable of returning it. Maybe to some of the more repsected bowlers, not to the germs such as boris and weed.. i mean... everyone know who paul is but... who are you? what have you done?

I LOVE YOU BRO,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,i am who ever i say i am and you know me sort of and thats cool,i am different but i like everyone for who they are ,that is the main point to everything,lets just bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom