Qld ATBSO 300 game

L

Lefty

Mike Sullivan, the quiet achiever, bowled a wonderful 300 game at our championships on Queens Birthday weekend, giving us all a real buzz.

Yes, he made the team, so watch out Australia, Queensland have the strongest ever male team and is looking to break all records this year at the National Championships and Challenge.

I know they will each be having q "quiet word" with me for blowing their trumpet, but I think its only fair that you all be forewarned so you can get the practice games you are going to need to confront this titanic force.

Go you good thing the Queensland team........Nil carborundum illegitimi ( and please .... no emails asking me for a definition of this epic quote, work it out for yourselves).

congratulations mike on your 300 - always good to see

as for the strength of the queensland mens team, i can see some obstacles in their path

1. The Victorian Men's team on home ground
2. Oil
3. Oil
4. Oil
5. Oil...................... Dreams are free!

Thanks for giving the Vics a rap Sandor,

I think you forgot another factor the Victorian weather, they'll freeze

To give you an update on how the Vic trials are going after 9 games, 16 to go
Men's Team
John Sullivan 218.11 ave
Wayne Burton 215.22 ave
Colin McKay 215.22 ave
Steve Kiss 214.56 ave
Rod Stewart 213.89 ave
David Jordan 210.44 ave
Stephen Bell 209.56 ave

in 14th place
Alan Smith 202.89 ave

A bit of depth there!!!

By the way
Jeanette Baker 226.44 ave!!!!!!!!! for the first nine games

Great conditions at Forest Hills

ATBSO Challenge - Melbourne

Its freezing here now :lol: but rest assured we wont let a bit of cold weather put us off, it will just show off our versatility! LIkewise a bit of oil will be much appreciated thanks, bring it on......!!

i have just returned from surfers paradise/brisbane, if that is COLD WEATHER then you banana benders had better start knitting your wooly underwear right now, you will definately need it in the land of vics

Sandor,

From what you are saying it wasn't 12 degrees and hailing in Queensland!!

In Melbourne the hottest day we have had for 2 weeks is 15 degrees
welcome to Victoria,

Hope the weather is better in WA next year!!!
Sorry that hasn't been decided yet

WA next year huh? Its begining to sound like a "done deal". I thought we had an agreement with TBA for 3 years to "follow them up the east coast". Are we going to reneg on our agreement?

I would love to go to Perth, I havent been there ever, but personally I think we should stick with our agreement. - it was for the betterment of the sport surely. However, an idea is being discussed in several states that maybe ATBSO could shift their nationals back to August, away from the school holidays and the problems that causes with booking flights.

What do other seniors think of this idea? I think it would be good, as I would like to bowl in the Nationals and maybe WDV but no way could I afford to take 3 weeks off work to bowl the Challenge, the Seniors Cup and then another week for the nationals. Two separate trips however would be easier for me if there was a couple of months between the two.

If ATBSO moved their challenge back to August, perhaps Queensland could move their championships to Easter weekend and hold the masters on the Monday instead of the following week. Maybe we could have our mixed events on Good Friday, the championships on Saturday and Sunday and the Masters on Monday?

The championships have always been held on Queens Birthday weekend, but now there are so many other tournaments around, the dollar is getting stretched way too thin. I have tournaments every week now, championships, masters, Qld Ladies Classic, Twin Tour, then a trip to Adelaide., whereas around Easter time there wasnt much on in Queensland.

I would like to hear what other seniors think on this subject.

next years challenge venue and date will be decided at the AGM, it's true WA has put up to host it in 2005 and has notified the national body to that extent

sandor said:
congratulations mike on your 300 - always good to see

as for the strength of the queensland mens team, i can see some obstacles in their path

1. The Victorian Men's team on home ground
2. Oil
3. Oil
4. Oil
5. Oil...................... Dreams are free!

LMAO.

Bloody Sandor.

How are ya you Hungarian Pom? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom