New lanes

cant wait for the change!
leaving the doors open for the public to see the improvments would be great!
ive never bowled on synthetics so it will be great to see what synthetics are like! im so grad the old moonah bowl is being fixed up! ikm sick of seing the holes in da walls and the bad state of the toilets some times!!!!
peace out
8) marsh 8)

Greetings from the Nationals ;)

I will be attempting (awaiting approval) on being able to take photos during the renovation period, and hopefully posting the on a website somewhere, so people can keep up to date with what's going on. Hopefully I will get a chance to talk to the "powers to be" sometime this week about it.

Last week I took about 60 photos of the "old" centre, including building, insides, machines ect, so we can all remember what it used to be like.

This brings back memories... I can remember when the original computer scoring was put in :shock: way back in 1985

androooo said:
Greetings from the Nationals ;)

Last week I took about 60 photos of the "old" centre, including building, insides, machines ect, so we can all remember what it used to be like.

This brings back memories... I can remember when the original computer scoring was put in :shock: way back in 1985

Great work Androo.
Should be good to look at once you upload them at some stage or another.
I'll most likely get out there and do the same, I've been given the golden ticket to use the missus' nice camera :eek: :)
Might even have a couple of shots on the old lanes, ya never know.

I remember the '85 job mate, I remember Robin Gray (Then Premier of Tasmania) throwing the first shot in the newly refurbished centre - some grey plastic ball, which took the 7-pin off the rack on Lane 5.
Big Rodney Watson (I think from memory) dressed as Tommy the Tenpin - ahhhh great days.

That means I've now bowled at Moonah when they had the old white AMF masks with the red triangle and pindicator and red gutters, metal gate sweeps and projector telescores, through to the AccuScore computers with the new plastic sweeps and Red, Orange and Yellow masks which were installed in 1985, the ill fated grey and pink masks of the mid to late 90's and then the mural.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the old place shines up again
Lets hope its well looked after.

Androo, do you know of anyone that has any photos from the original Mornington Tenpin?
IE: Photos of the exterior, photos of the lanes and interior?

its about time we got sometihng out of amf we have been bowling in bad conditions and machines for to long so :twisted: BRING IT ON :arrow: :evil:

Back
Top Bottom