New Friday night league at Clayton.

mikeymikey

Ballistic Revs
On the 23rd of July there will be a Friday night doubles league starting at Clayton.
The starting time will be 7pm.
The cost will be $25 per week per bowler.
The prize money is better than good !!
There will be a maximum of 18 - 20 teams.
There will be only one round so a 17 - 19 week season which just means if you have a bad season then next one starts again very soon.
If your a team or just a single looking to form a team on the night please get in touch either by sending a pm here or by contacting Clayton on 9544 5789.
Cheers.

So far it looks like a good response with 11 / 12 teams putting their names down.
If your interested please get in touch with Clayton bowl or send a pm here.

Things are looking good now that we are getting closer to the day.
Looks like we may have 15/16 teams if everyone turns up that has said yes so far.
On the 16th of July we will be having bowl at 7pm as a bit of a fun night and to get to know all the new bowlers before comencing on the 23rd.
Everyone is welcome who is interested in bowling in the league.

Oh Stevie,

Dont start confusing everyone !!
Im not coming to the Mentone presentation so will be at Clayton at 7pm along with everyone else who is interested in bowling in the league.
i'll keep a spot for you when you and a few others get the around 8 afther the presentation.
Pot games might be over by then though :)

Tonight is a practice night / fun night / get to know the other bowlers night before the league comences next week 23/7.

If you have nothing to do on a friday night come down and join in the fun.
Bowling finishes and then you still get home in time for pizza and the first quarter of the footy.

The prize fund is one of the better ones going around.

Bring yourself or a team !!!

Hope to see you all there tonight or next week for round 1 !!!

A big thanks to all who turned up for our practice night.
Lots of new faces to go with the familiar.

Looks like its going to be a great league, everyone is friendly and happy and cant wait to get into it next week. A nice change from what i was use too !!!

If your interested next week is the first week and we will not be accepting any new teams once the season has commenced so come on down. If there are single spots left that will be fine but no new teams until the next season starts.

Oh Nolene, was there a need for that !! But surely thats no problem as you wont be there.
Looks like peace and quiet Clayton !!!:D:D:D

For anybody interested in joining the league it is NOT a sports series league.

We used "dead mans curve" for our practice night to see how it would be on the lanes as when we have bowled on it at other centers for tournaments in the past we found it to be 90% of the house pattern.

After using it in practice we have decided to use the Clayton house patern which is "easy street" as we are not forming a sports series league.
Easy Street is a pretty easy pattern and great for scoring, its very similar to what other centers use as their house patterns.

I hope that clears things up for anyone interested in joining or passing rumours around.

As an AMF Clayton employee, I can confirm that we will be using the Clayton House Pattern for this league.

The experiment with Dead Mans Curve on the fun night was interesting. First two games required accuracy and patience. Any poor shot was penalised, but good shots were still rewarded. By the third game scoring became very free and the 230's flowed.

On the Clayton house pattern, averages should be on the high end.

Highest game thrown in the first 3 and a bit months is 275. Hopefully someone will christen the centre with a 300 soon.

Sumo

On the first night we had 14 teams plus one bowler, which is a great start. We will run this league as 16 teams with a 15 week season. We need three more bowlers to fill the league, so if you're interested, please ring the centre (95445789) or PM me. Clayton's THS was used and scoring was good.

Results aren't up on the AMF website; I must need to tick another box in Computerscore. I will attend to that on Monday so results should be available on the web on Tuesday.

Sumo

Back
Top Bottom