Need rule clarification De Veer

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Does this rule mean that bowlers who have held any averages over 169 and 159 at any time during 2003 are not eligible?
Or does it only apply to 24 game averages held at Dec 31 2003?
I will ask TBA for clarification, how do other De Veer bowlers interpret this rule?

------------------------------------------
(e) Must not have any Accredited League averages (over a minimum of 24 games at the end of the preceding year) exceeding 169 pins for the Men's Division and 159 pins for the Women's Division.
-------------------------------------------

Andrew

Further to our discussions (thanks) I interpret the rule as the year book average, ie that highest average as at 31 December. In clause 6 of the Eligibilty Rules posted with the application form (your (e) in your post), it goes on to say, "Averages as at the 31st December 2003".

Hope I'm correct. :lol:

Cheers

Feral

RE: Daveer Rule Clarification

Andrew

My interpretation of the rule you have quoted, just suggests you must have bowled a minimum of 24 games by this time in a league in 2003 in order to enter the event. I don't think it should be taken as gospel that satisfying just this statement makes you eligible to enter.

I suggest the reality is that a bowlers highest established average in a league where the bowler has bowled a minimum of 24 games will be the one used to determine eligibility of entry.

I also believe the state committees have also reserved the right to take into consideration performances in WDV and other tournaments in 2003 in determining a bowlers eligibility to bowl.

As I am not on a committee myself I wouldn't take this as gospel. I would attempt to contact your state committee and get clarification. I for one would not be relying on posts to this forum.

Hope this helps
Terry

i would take it as the highest average in the year. If it was not people could easily sandbag to an elidgable average as of 31 december.

for me i have averages during the year of 181 and 179. but as of 31/12/03 the only league i was in was an average of 162, just a fun disco bowling league that i have fun in. It would be a bit harsh if i was alowed to bowl of for the team, especially with how i am bowling now, 195 average for this year so far.

But thats only my interpretaion of the rules.

stephen Batten

Further to my original post, I have now spoken directly to John Coxon who has clarified the matter. The key factor is averages as at the 31st December must not exceed the 159/169 limit.
It does not matter if your average was over those limits during the year, as long as you have it at 159/169 on Dec 31 you can roll-off.
(Reg I gave you wrong information on the phone, I'm sorry. Now you can breathe again.)

Back
Top Bottom