middle and index finger offset

L

left kelpie

I am a little unclear, and was wondering whether anyone can clear up something for me. I was reading that the drilling of middle and index/ring finger plays a part in the degree of revs one can put on the ball!?! The middle finger offset was supposedly best for this. Can someone please explain this simply..

Also does anybody tuck the pinky in, I have just started doing this, and id love to hear how anyone finds this.

see ya LK

if the middle finger is longer than the ring finger, it will make it easier to impart side roll on the ball, good for dry lanes

if the ring finger is longer than the middle it will make the ball sit up more, which is suited for oil

most people map out with the ring finger slightly longer than the middle finger, so the variances come from there

hope this helps

i tuck my pinky under and i find that it helps me to get more length out of the shot cause i can throw it faster and get more forward roll off the shot.

Ok lets look at the first point here

Finger spans and pitches
Well they work hand in hand and may take dozens of srillings to get the GLOVE FIT

Personally I have always liked having a dropped ring finger with a little extra forward pitch and always have my thumb slightly offset maybe 1/4-3/8

Now as far as tucking ur pinky, be very careful,those guys that do it already obviously are very strong. It will create extension tension thru your fingers hand and forearm and can over time create considreable stress in any or all of these 3 areas.

I use to tuck many moons ago tried it to see what it was like and was good for a while until i heard something go PING Then couldnt pick up an empty glass for a fortnight, obviously never did it again

Make sure you exercise your finger, wrist and forearm everyday if u wish to have a prolonged career whilst Tucking the pinky, thats all i can say

Hope i have helped, let us know how u go with ur drillings and hand positioning

Tucking the pinky is used to get a couple more revs on the ball, generally netting an extra one or two boards hook. It is used when the conditions call for it, mostly when the front heads are very oily. The pinky can be tucked to the first or second knuckle, each creating a little bit of a different look.

I will use it sometimes when the 10 pin looks me in the face and nothing else helps.

Again, use the pinky tuck only when necessary, to get the extra revs on the ball.

Back
Top Bottom