Looking For Ball Spinners

Have you thought of making one? Quite easy, & only requires 1 small G.E motor, a belt, 2 pulleys, a few bearings & supports, & a ball holder.

Have you thought of making one? Quite easy, & only requires 1 small G.E motor, a belt, 2 pulleys, a few bearings & supports, & a ball holder.

I've thought of making one one but it's not that simple because of the motor and circuitry. You've gotta plan out out the circuit schematics and also figure out what sort of motor you want to use (i.e. a DC powered motor or a single or multi-phase AC motor). On the other hand if you don't know much about electricity, you can skip the electic motor altogether and use a petrol powered motor from an old lawn mower or whipper-snipper.

I had a good look at this. By the time you buy the parts you could have bought a spinner. Add the cost of freight as labour time for the time you'd have to frig around with it and it's about square. Unless you're particularly handy with metal and electrics.

For a personal use spinner, a Donkee is good. They can overheat and shut off if you give them a good work out, so use them as they're designed and invest in a small electric fan to blow on the motor in summer. (This works fine for a friend of mine with his.) Jayhawk and Innovative Bowling make excellent machines in the next tier up. All metal construction and higher grade bearings - marine grade for the Innovative job.

I've got the Innovative Bowling 240V model for the pro shop. It's a great professional grade machine. Speaking of which, make sure you get a 240V machine, as a transformer for that sort of load (1/3-1/2 HP)isn't cheap to buy or run. Another point - see if your supplier will send it US Air mail - takes two days longer and saves a bunch.

wouldnt the bolt snap of after a few balls, i know super glue can be strong, but it doesnt seem very safe, however it is a good idea, but also i could death trap.....lol

BE BUGGERED thats a law suite waiting to happen. How bloody dangerous is that thing!!!!
wouldnt the bolt snap of after a few balls, i know super glue can be strong, but it doesnt seem very safe, however it is a good idea, but also i could death trap.....lol

Actually, It's not very dangerous at all and nobody can sue anyone because this isn't something that's patented. The bolt wouldn't snap off because it's just there to keep the bowl centered. What's actually keeping the ball in place while it spins is its own weight. Even if the glue fails after a while, it's not going to kill you. The worst thing that can happen is that the ball will simply fall to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom