Grammar & Spelling

Feral said:
People don't need to know the powerful skills or understanding of the three "R's" Feral

Just curious what the three r's are? Ive just finished year ten and I've never heard of them?

That thing about the letters being mixed is cool, heard of it before but still interesting. I find it slightly harder to read than normal text, but maybe thats because i know what is going on.

*'TOPHER* said:
Just curious what the three r's are? Ive just finished year ten and I've never heard of them?

Reading, Writing and Arithmetic.

rEgArDs, ;)

tonx

p.s. I definately spell checked Arithmetic, I can imagine the replies if that wasn't spelled correctly.

p.p.s. Please type VERY slowly in this thread. I can't wait for the first spelling mistake. Hahaha

Blonde_brunette_lis said:
yeah the spelling thing can get annoying, and the uPpEr-LoWeR CaSe S**t, but surely you can understand when its just people leaving out commas, etc. :confused:
I agree. It's not that hard to understand when a comma is left out.

The Three "R's" were an older thing they don't use in schools anymore, it stood for Reading, wRiting and aRithmetic. Which were considered the cornerstones of any good education, and still are...

Correct me if I am wrong anyone?

*'TOPHER* said:

Isn't that the whole issue people are discussing? ;)

Sorry mate I'm not having a go at you. Having been through the system recently enough I can certainly see the flaws (not floors :p ) people are talking about.

The errors I see on here most commonly are in relation to "their", "there" and "they're". "Their" is a belonging word - describing something about someone. "There" is a place, eg "over there". "They're" is an abbreviation for "They are". Easy to remember.

The other one is "hear" and "here". If you want someone to listen to you, you ask that they hear you. If they aren't close enough to hear you, tell them to come over here :) .

Cheers!

The 9-pin wonderboy said:
The errors I see on here most commonly are in relation to "their", "there" and "they're". "Their" is a belonging word - describing something about someone. "There" is a place, eg "over there". "They're" is an abbreviation for "They are". Easy to remember.
Cheers!

A Pet hate of mine... incorrect spelling of the word their. ITS NOT THIER. Remember, there, they're and their all start with THE***

Im starting to like this topic, Thanks Max!!!

U R Da sHizZLe :p

Back
Top Bottom