GLOOM & DOOM are tournaments boring??

D

dwambo

Hi all,
After bowling at Kedron on Sat. while trying to qualify, it was so dull in the place.I am not meaning Kedron itself,but the bowlers in it.
Why is it that many bowlers just bowl a ball and walk back full of gloom & doom no matter what they get.Are people bored while they bowl.Or is it that they just don't know how to have fun.
Maybe it is time we looked at getting some fun or excitment in the game.I don't mean like acting like an idiot,but surely we can enjoy the game more than it is being shown.
Even a smile would be amazing in a lot of cases.
I can tell you that there would have been more life in a morg,compared to Kedron bowl last night.At least our squad had the TV on to watch the footy,the first squad voted not too.
I am sure that we all can have fun,try to enjoy the game and bowl well at the same time.It would be good to see people
icon_sad.gif
icon_mad.gif

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif

I always have fun Dwambo!!! I must admit though our squad had a bit of fun in it. A couple near misses (Mark Sheehan's 299 and Ricky Cox's 286). A couple of bowlers slagging each other in good fun.

I guess yesterday 2 things come to mind on why things were a little serious.

# I saw a lot of new faces there yesterday of bowlers who don't usually bowl on the Grand Prix or tournament scene. I think bowling in an event such as this there were trying to focus on their respective games. Don't want to lose concentration by joking with other bowlers.

# The format is a little boring as well, in a field of 42?? or so and in an event where you have to make the top 30 and pinfall drops,it was basically 10 games practise. I'll quote one well known bowler who when I suggested he would average over 240 today replied " Not today mate, I'm on cruise control ".

I guess I found it hard to get motivated yesterday myself (especially at the start). I think if we all make an effort to introduce ourselves to the bowlers we bowl with on the lane and have a chat here and there it may spice things up a bit.

Can't wait for the 6 game sprint at lunch today today to determin the top 12 where pinfall will drop once again. If you think yesterday was dead, watch today's matchplay.......
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

You calling me boring now you big slurry!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
Format was good,it would have been even better if I pulled my finger out and made the second cut,doh,lol.Oh well I will definitely be back next year.
So when do you want to get rid of your REAPER????hehelol
icon_biggrin.gif

Till next time
Tryhard

hi all, dwambo you made enough noise for everyone!!! lol but i think you are right it was very dull and there wasn't a great amount of chat on the lanes, but not everyone is like you who wants to ride shots and get themselves pumped up, i for one don't yell and get carried away because i find it to easy to lose concentration but in saying that i don't care what other bowlers do if it helps them go right ahead.

maybe george hit the nail on the head when he said the format was a little boring(i enjoyed the format because it kept everyone on there toes, who would have said that jason walsh would have missed the matchplay?? ) and the guys were just there to get to the next stage. there were alot of new faces there so they might have felt a little scared going into a tournament.

and gerald how could anyone call you boring, riding that shot into the pocket for a flush 7-10 what a laugh!!!!!!! not sure what was funnier the look on your face or the look dave hardy gave when he was told no sighter ball before the 9 and 10 frame roll off for 12 spot after standing around for 15 minutes.

and to jon you questioned the format before the tournament but with the amount of new faces there on the weekend maybe others will follow this format and keep the new faces showing up.

Back
Top Bottom