Ebonite Ebonite Big Time

Brando's ProShop

Score More For Le$$
Staff member
Big Time
Overall Hook Rating: 28.75 (scale of 1-30, least to most)
Recommended Lane Condition: Medium to Heavy Oil
Box Condition: Low load particle, 1000 grit

I punched out my Big Time with the pin at 5 inches from my PAP and the MB in an 80 degree position. Before a drill bit even touched this black/silver beauty I took it straight to the spinner and applied some Factory Finish to the surface. I got the desired result – a sheen finish.

After throwing the Big Time for only a couple of shots I soon realised this ball was something special. It is clean through the front and delivers a strong continuos backend reaction. The way it rolled and carried really impressed me.

Tommy Jones has won 2 of the last 3 PBA Tour stops using the Big Time and has won 4 titles this year. Here is part of a media release from the PBA website:

Tommy Jones had little explanation for his unbelievable string of strikes in Friday’s round of 8. Jones averaged 281.75 in his 4-0 win over Danny Wiseman, shooting 279-300-279-269 with 44 strikes in 47 frames.

Jones said he talked to his ball rep John Gaines in between the round of 16 and the round of 8 and drilled a new ball. Along with using the ball and a drill he hadn’t tried all week, Jones also moved further right to produce one of the best four-game series in recent PBA Tour memory.

Expect to see the Big Time in ProShop windows for about $265.00 undrilled.

Brando

Back
Top Bottom