Congrats to NEW COACHES

Hopper

I would like to say a big congratulations to the following people who passed their Level One coaching course at Suncity Bowl on the weekend.

Mark Richardson, Ross Richardson, Zack Caldwell, Dylan Pettit, Nicole Savage, Sharyn Blanch, Tracy Mouy, Jason Tillack, Daniel Skinner and John Griffin.

Also a big thank you to TBAQ for subsidising this, and to Bruce Dunn for helping out on Sunday. Once again it was a great weekend, and welcome guys to the coaching club.

Did anyone not pass? I'm not suggesting names, Just curious if anyone ever fails. I did an ATBC coaching course years ago, and the senior coach running the course boasted that noone had ever failed in a course he ran.

Jim... In the course that was done down here a few years ago, everyone passed, and some had no previous bowling experience... Just carers for disabled groups.

To be honest, I don't think Level One means much at all... but you have to start somewhere I guess.

What's more important is that bowling centres these coaches bowl at encourage and work together to actually use their qualifications and newfound knowledge.

Who knows that might even equate to $ in the til and the pro-shop.

So, does anyone ever 'not pass'?-------------- See how sensitive I am? --- I didn't even use the word 'fa-l".

Hi Jim
Yes people do not pass sometimes.
I have not passed a couple of people

Thank goodness for that, Geoff. The ATBC one I went to w-a-a-y back was a 2 or 3 day one as I remember. The high-level coach who ran it spent the whole time teaching people how to pass the exam. In the few times we were 'on the lanes', I did my best to impart at least a little real knowledge to some of the 'most lost' ones.
It really was a bloody disgrace.

There are certain things you must be able to do in order to pass, If you don't or can't do those
things then I don't pass you...... Exam is done prior to the face to face day which is a lot
of on lane stuff and some classroom stuff

Back
Top Bottom