CABOOLTURE CUP 2002 RESULTS

Sean M

20 starters. Cut to the top 7 for an American style stepladder final round.
5th vs 6th vs 7th. Winner goes on.
Winner vs 3rd vs 4th. Winner goes on.
Winner vs 1st vs 2nd. Winner is the champion.

Sorry I don't have final scores but the positions were after qualifying top 7.

1st George Frillingos
2nd Carl Bottomley
3rd Gavin Cavanagh
4th Darryl Alford
5th Matt Thomas
6th Nathan Hay
7th Sean Marjanovic

There were a number of bowlers fighting it out for the lower positions to make the cut. Michael Homes and Garry Smith came in 8th and 9th respectively. Michael only missing out with a split in the 10th frame of the last game.

First final game saw Matt(5th) take on Nathan(6th) and myself(7th). It was all within a few pins with all of us up until about the 6th frame then Nathan and myself went into the 10th frame with three baggers. I was able to strike out and win the match with Nathan finishing in 6th and Matt finishing 7th.

Next Match saw Gavin(3rd) vs Darryl(4th) vs myself(last match winner)
All started the same and no-one was making any moves. Then Gavin from about the 5th frame blew us away and had the match in the bag. I finished in 4th with Darryl very close behind in 5th.

The final match saw George vs Carl vs Gavin(last match winner)
A great contest was being bowled by Gavin and Carl. Both tied up going into the 10th frame, each on a run of strikes. Carl bagged out to finish with a 257 game with Gavin second on 246 and George third.

Thanks goes to ROUND MOUNTAIN LANDSCAPING for their support and sponsorship and Caboolture bowl for a well run tournament and what I thought was a great tournament condition.

Back
Top Bottom