300 Games & tournament results

Hi guys,

Don't know if you already have these or not but here some more...

Toowoomba Classic - Evan Matthews 300
Sunday Doubles League - Nathan paterson 300 (only 14 yo)
Star of the Month July Sunset Superbowl - Andrew Eiser 300

Plus all the ones from Maryborough Sunset Cup if you have them??

Hopefully you will count the league prebowl done by Mick Pepi on the same weekend as the Maryborough Sunset Cup - 300.

Weazal!

Hi Jan
we have a few 300's in Townsville as well
Currajong
1997 Stephen Hunt
1997 Dave Reynolds
1998 Craig O'neill
1999 Geoff Ott
1999 Wally Walquist
2000 Jason Davis
2001 Peter Searle
Kirwan
2000 Shane Rossberg
most of these names will be unknown to people on this site but none the less a great
achievement cheers Judy
icon_razz.gif

One more 300 for you that I bowled -

Redcliffe open 1999 (my first 300) - cant remember the date unfortunately.

ALSO - I was fortunate enough to witness Warren Stewarts first 300 at an S.A. Cup - as was Cara Honeychurche's first one.

Angelo Maglieri of Darwin threw a sanctioned 300 back when we used rubber gear - cant remember the YEAR even !!! LOL.

Do you have Ronald V's, his dad's (George Vokoulas) and all of Scott Saddlers.

Other territorians who have thrown 300's include Wayne Fan, Richard ????, charlie borge (RIP mate), David Edwards, Malcolm Smith.. I am sure there are some others, just cant remember... how about David Cooper, wayne cooper, that rastmasten kid,

Hey Darren - have you chucked one yet? LMAO...

Here is one for you, who has the most sanctioned 300 games in Australia??

I know a friend of mine had about 23, but only 3 or 4 of them were bowled in Australia.

Cheers, have a nice day - Peter Brown

Hey Peter,

The Richard guy your probably talking about is Richard Downs, Karen's father.

Other Territorians that have bowled 300's are: Andrew McArthur, Bradley Hatfield, Byron Hatfield, Wayne Cooper (2), Leigh Polkinghorne and probably some others but I can't think of any others at the moment.

icon_smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Jan,

The following information should complete your Junior Champion of Champions pages:

Girls
1977 Cathy Blair
1978 Debbie Holmes
1986 Donna Cook
2000 Amanda Frost - Qld (highest placed Girl, the 2000 final was run in a single Division but it's back to separate Divisions again in 2001)

Boys
1998 Jason Leong - NSW
1999 Jason Douglass - Qld
2000 Jason Lambert - Qld

How about that for a coincidence? Five wins by guys named Jason in the last six years - the other one was a Jamie!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hedley:
Jan,

A few more Queensland Tournament results (Winner and Runner-up):

1999 AMF Queensland Grand Prix Circuit
Queensland Cup (Koolfoam) - Colin Hunt (SA) and Carl Bottomley (Qld)
Sunshine Special (Ladies Only) - Cara Honeychurch (Vic) and Anne-Maree Putney (NSW)
Kedron Cup - Stephen Best (Qld) and Craig Gibbs (??)
Western Open - Eric Roselt (Qld) and Trevour Bouker (Qld)
Brisbane Cup - Eric Roselt (Qld) and Stephen Best (Qld)
Lane Runner ** - John Whillans (Qld) and Carl Bottomley (Qld)
Capalaba Cup - Carl Bottomley (Qld) and Ricky Cox (Qld)
Redcliffe Open - To Be Advised

** In 2000, the Lane Runner was renamed the Greenslopes Cup.

2000 Toowoomba Sunset Classic - Brandon Qualischefski (Qld) and Stephen Best (Qld)

2001 Sunshine Special - Jayde Flanagan (Qld) 223 and Cathy Elwell (Qld) 208
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hedley:
Jan,

A few more Queensland Tournament results (Winner and Runner-up):

1999 AMF Queensland Grand Prix Circuit
Queensland Cup (Koolfoam) - Colin Hunt (SA) and Carl Bottomley (Qld)
Sunshine Special (Ladies Only) - Cara Honeychurch (Vic) and Anne-Maree Putney (NSW)
Kedron Cup - Stephen Best (Qld) and Craig Gibbs (??)
Western Open - Eric Roselt (Qld) and Trevour Bouker (Qld)
Brisbane Cup - Eric Roselt (Qld) and Stephen Best (Qld)
Lane Runner ** - John Whillans (Qld) and Carl Bottomley (Qld)
Capalaba Cup - Carl Bottomley (Qld) and Ricky Cox (Qld)
Redcliffe Open - To Be Advised

** In 2000, the Lane Runner was renamed the Greenslopes Cup.

2000 Toowoomba Sunset Classic - Brandon Qualischefski (Qld) and Stephen Best (Qld)

2001 Sunshine Special - Jayde Flanagan (Qld) 223 and Cathy Elwell (Qld) 208
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Hedley,
Just a minor correction.
Unfortunately there were no 300 games bowled in the 2000 Toowoomba Sunset Classic and neither Brandon nor Stephen Best have bowled 300's in this Centre to date.
Our first official 300 was by Peter Goodwin (Vic) in September '99 in the TQI East coast Challenge. The next were three in as many weeks, details are included by Weazal in this topic.
Great work and research otherwise.

Hi Markone,

The post you are referring to is not about 300 games, as mentioned in the first line it's about Tournament Results (Winner and Runner-up). BQ won the inaugural Toowoomba Sunset Classic in 2000 (and repeated the dose this year), Stephen Best was second.

Although this Topic started with Jan asking for 300 games, it subsequently expanded to a request for any information that would help to fill the gaps on her excellent web-site (see Jan's July 3 post in this Topic). A bit confusing, I know, especially if you are new to the Forum. Maybe Graham can change the Topic Name.

If you do have any major tourny results, State teams, etc, that are not already on Jan's pages, I know she would appreciate receiving them.

Graham,

Thanks for changing the Topic title.

Jan,

Recent South Queensland Junior State Masters Winners for your new Masters pages:

Girls
2000 Rebekah Meads
2001 Jayde Flanagan

Boys
1999 Jason Douglass
2000 Alistair Howard
2001 Nathan Paterson

Also, the Runner-up in the 2001 Perth Cup was the man from Stuckey Bowl
icon_cool.gif
, Andrew Frawley.

Hi everybody, thanks for all the info, I have recieved heaps of emails as well.(keep it coming)
Some of you have emailed me wondering why the pages have not been updated in the last week or why I have not replied to your emails.
last Wed my hubby Ross had a heart attack and had to undergo open heart surgery to save his life. ( he is only 41!!), all this was totally unexpected.
Thanks to the wonderful nurses and doctors at St vincents in Melb all is now well.
It will take me a day or two to get things back on track. Will start updating again tomorrow.

Jan,

I hope Ross makes a speedy and full recovery
icon_smile.gif
and is back blitzing the lanes in "no time flat". Please give him my best wishes.

Thanks one and all for the emails and phone calls asking after Ross.
He is recovering well.
I read you last advice Dr Chandler and have ....totally ignored it LOL.
The Web site has been updated, hopefully i have not missed anything.
Some 300's that had no dates etc are on an "orphan 300 page", if you own one of these let me know the details if possible.
Hedley and others thanks for all the tournament results.
I am always looking for more so keep them coming.

Hmm hey Andrew Craig Shot 300 in ALbury March 1998 i think ...... awsome **** the only one in the centres 20 odd yr history

Hi Jan,
Here are the 300 Games bowled at Nerang bowl Gold Coast.
Keith Sly Snr 18/5/95
Mike Hooker 17/1/96
Sarah Fox 18/8/96
Peter Caramalis 30/6/97
Matthew Middlemiss 9/8/97
Ian Hughes 24/5/99
Jason Douglass 21/10/99
Brian Looby 26/10/99

Jason Douglass bowl a 300 Game on the 13/9/97 at Burleigh SuperBowl.

Hope this helps you a bit.

icon_smile.gif

In response to an earlier response me all mate AnGelo Maglieri - The Original Camel Jockey's first perfecto

I am sure he will correct me if I'm wrong, but he was the youngest ever Aussie at the time and i'm sure it was 85 shortly after the Nationals in Perth, and I think it was with a Yellow Dot.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom