2004 SA CUP OILING PATTERN...

boybrowny

Given the introduction of the tba lane conditioning codes for national tournaments, I have a couple of questions about the SA cup oiling pattern.

Has anyone from either the centre or AMF comfirmed that the pattern will meet the sanctioned requirements for ratings this year?

Given that the conditioner must be at least 35' in length - can anyone tell me is this how far the conditioning distance must be including buff or excluding buff? AND - is there any chance that AMF staff will not simply lay the "minimum" requirements (hopeful that they may put a longer/ heavier pattern than simply minimum acceptable).

Does anyone know what brand/ viscosity of oil will be used and what machine will be used to lay it...

I seek answers to these questions (as no doubt will other participants) 'cos I can't fit all of my bowling gear in the bag to SA and would like some indication of what type of equipment I should focus on.

I would like to think that an AMF representative will make an effor to supply this info to those of us who are taking the time, effort and expense to travel to and support this tournament.

I for one am sick of being expected to turn up to tournaments without a clue as to what type of condition will be laid and taking a guess as to which balls to bring, and which to leave at home.

If the centres want to attract large numbers of interstate and/or international bowlers, I for one believe that we should have some indication of what equipment to bring....

Or am I alone on this view????

Will leave it up to someone from AMF to (hopefully) supply some or all of the answers above -

Will leave it up to the forum members to decide whether or not it is a good thing to pre-advertise conditioning lengths so people can better select equipment to travel with....

Cheers

i'll definately be on that band wagon :lol: :lol: :lol:

upon receipt of your full entry fee being paid, you should receive all significant literature on the tournament, which would include a template of the condition you are bowling on

in another forum i spoke of this in regards to the interstate competitors who have equipment restrictions and practise times

I agree too. It would be nice to have an idea of what to expect. The idea of a event pack is great. It could contain lane details, accom details, squad listing etc. As most people have email addresses these days it could be done as a PDF so the cost would be minimal.

If i remember correctly, dont the lanes get checked aboout a week or so before the tournament starts. If so then does anyone know if everything is on track for the SA Cup to still have ranking points?

I dont have the final pattern at the moment, as is yet to be cleared by TBA. I dont want to release something then find out its not going to be the one used due to changes.

Rest assured that AMF are taking the new Lane Conditioning Policy very seriously and will take all necessary steps to work with and comply with TBA's policy.

As soon as it has been given the ok ill put it up.

i will give you a tip take a variety i am sure you can get this into 4 bowling balls.you get 5 minutes practice if this insufficient bad luck.it just looks like you are looking for an excuse before you start just bowl because that is what we are here to do.good luck to everyone at s.a.

Back
Top Bottom