11lb ball - do they exist any more?

A

Alphafe

I'm a girl looking for an 11lb ball to buy in Victoria (currently bowling @ morrabin).

After being out of the bowling "loop" for about 7 years I have found that things have changed. What happened to the old urethane balls? I have no idea what ball to buy now but know that the 12lb house ball is too heavy and the 10lb is too light. My old ball was 11lb.

Please help?

Well there are 2 bits of advise that Im gunna offer...

Firstly, get in contact with max from bowling balls australia, im sure he could do you a deal on a brand new 11 pd bowling ball.

Secondly, keep in mind that even if you do find a 12pd house ball a little too heavy, it may be because it is not drilled to your hand. If the holes are too big, or the span is too short, it forces you to cling onto the ball. generally someone using a house ball goes up 1pd or so when they get a ball that has been properly fitted.

Good luck...

11lb balls shouldnt be hard to find at all, but there are a lot more 12 and 14s around the place. Max and Lee should be able to sort something out for you very quickly.

I myself bowl with a 13lb ball, at the moment I am looking for a novelty ball to be used as a spare ball. At this stage I've found 2 balls that come in 13lb and I dont like either of them. so my next hope is a heavy 12 or a light 14...... but not much luck there yet.

If you are looking for a reactive ball though you should go for a 12 or 13lb because the core design is normally different for the lighter balls and not exactly how it should be.

Thank you. All information was very helpful. I think the house ball probably feels like a 15lb to me (because of bad fitting and a weak arm). I might try for a re-drilled second hand 12lb and see how I go then invest in a proper ball if all goes well.

I have a 11LB COCA COLA ball if you are interested. Very good condition. Only been bowled for 9 games.
PM me if interested.

My mother just got an 11lb Scout Reactive last night, so they do exist. Fairly basic reactive, but fine for her :)

heya if ur interested i have a light 12Lb storm erase it near new great condition very little use about 3 months bowling once a week in a 2 game league so its hardly used at all, was to light for me so i got a new heavyer ball, if ur interested im am selling it for $85 and i will pay for postage cause i live on the gold coast. plz reply or pm me if interested :)
l8ters dean

yeh there still round, there an awesome ball i bowled gr8 with it wen i had it got a bit light for me tho so had to upsize.

Back
Top Bottom