Your Best Bowling Moment!

Best ever moment:

Representing Australia at the 7th World Firefighters Games in Christchurch, NZ in Nov 2002 nine months after commencing tenpin and winning gold in the singles with a 734 series (251, 278, 205) beating off a Swede who finished with a 297. :lol:

Representing my state last year in the ATBSO Graded team and this year in the QS WDV. :lol:

Worst ever moment:

Getting thrashed by George, Brando, Narrelle, Shayne and Daryl in teams league last week with their 1265 combined game total. :bad-word: Oh for revenge if (when) we catch them on a bad day!! :twisted:

Feral

My first 700 series (771 cross road bowl in 1993)

Winning 2 gold medals (open doubles and open all events) at the World Police and Fire Games in Melbourne in 1995.

Winning the ATBSO national championship in Perth 1997.

All true memorable highlights but undoubtedly the biggest thrill was my first 300 game.

And making the SA Rachuig team this year for the first time.

Getting 8/10 pts off my dad with a 666-4 my first night of singles hehe

Drafting to tassie last year for shield was a great experience but this year has topped my memory list. Qualified 5th for Vic shield team, coming 3rd in Vic Jr State Masters with an ave of 191 for the day, also bowling with an extreamly buggered hand, then just last weekend making the cut for the Commonwealth Youth Games training squad!

i havent really been bowling for that long i think its almost 3 yrs now and i have only been bowling hook fo 7 months so my best moment so far was going down to sq championships and winning the open boys singles with a 225 ave unfortunately i couldnt pull that sort of form in the masters

Not many moments really, 8th in the AO in 2000 (before Cara went crazy). Topping the averages at Dunn shield in 2000 (at Moorabin ditch) with 229, and Melton winning the mens division too :)

Yeah Adam, if you dont wall 'em up for the rest of the year i'll post your mega consistent qualifying scores from that tourney too!! :lol: :lol: Mine would have to be Warnambool last year, plenty of people have probably DNF'd with less mauled looking ripped thumbs than mine, If it was anyone but Trotts holding me off the last game i might have even snuck away with the win. 1997 Mt gambier masters was pretty good. Flushing the 10th at the SA Youth Challenge in '99(my last) to take doubles Gold with Paul Gifford was probably the best thing that ever happened to me in a Mt gambier shirt.

mine would have to be three years ago when super leagues was on in the country bowling centres i needed to bowl a 277 game to win superleague and win 5000 smackers so i threw a 300 i was so stocked my first 300 and 5000 dollars to go with it.

Hehe u mean, the 260 130 230 130 250 action? fun and games :) Finished with a 490 block to qualify by 10 pins or somethin :roll:

Thought I'd get in first, since I got no hope of giving you more than 3 boards :wink:

I have 3 special moments in my bowling career

1. Throwing 300 for $200,000 (still a world record) in 1999
2. SA Winning Rachuig in 1987
3 Flushing my first shot in the US Open in 2003

1 and 2 are for obvious reasons. 3 because it made me feel like a REAL bowler.,

Wayne,

I guess the figure of $60,000 in the main body of the story was actually a typo and it was actually $6,000? (as per final results list...)

Great work anyways, I guess when you can only bowl to the best of your ability and have no control over what your opponent does, to see them bowl a game like that to give you first place must also be a dream come true...

And Brenton - do you have any articles about the $200K win that you could scan in so we can have a look?? I knew about it but it would be great to see what the media made of it all at the time.

I cant believe all the records i'm reading about in this forum! THEY'RE AMAZING!!! :p :p :p

Most satisfying (so best?) would have been bowling a 250+ against someone who had been giving me 'advice' all night about where not to bowl on the lane and how i was doing everything wrong. It felt good because it was nearly a 100 point thrashing in which i came from behind and won the overall by 23 pins :)

Best moment not out of spite though, rolling a 248 (coming home with the last 7) to throw my first 700 (714) at cannon hill, the team placed 3rd but that has been the only moment when i found the 'zone'. Never felt it since, everything was quiet, i was so focused, my target looked the size of a dinner plate. It was just all routine after the 9th frame, and it felt great to be bringing it back from the outside like that.

Heh, maybe another one which doesnt mean a whole lot, bowling a jnr tournament one man down only for the team to finish 2nd (behind by 2 points) after a team mate hurt his back during practise. The pressure was awesome, beating the 1st place team overall on scratch with 4 bowlers was just amazing!

Macca, I Type Like This On This Site Coz I Can. If It Was Schhoolwork, I Wouldn't Type Like This. Anyway, another good moment for me would have to be bowling a 670 series(205, 195, 265), to qualify 4th for state classic masters. I had 2 singles entries, and my first series was 452! #-o

Back
Top Bottom