Yet Another Rocky Hello!

GeoffS

Warped Total Bowler
Hey Everyone,

My name is Geoffrey Stevens. I have lived in Rockhampton all of my life and have been around the bowling centre here since I was 1 week old. I have been bowling since I was 3 years old and had an average of 7.

Currently my highest league average is 180, not very good for someone who has been bowling for 18 years! I bowl in 2 leagues up here, 1 is Tuesday Doubles which I bowl in with Graham Allen and the other league is with my father and 2 other people on a friday night.

The only tournaments that I have bowled in outside of rocky are: 2005 & 2006 Mackay Open, 2005 & 2006 Association Challenge's (I was part of the group in the rocky team that were having a very bad hair weekend), 2006 SQ State Championships at Milton, 2002 (I think) Junior State Championships at Chermside.

The most recent tournament I bowled in was Queensland Youth Challenge in rocky, where I was the last member of the All Star Team, rounding out the bottom with a rather dodgy 175 average for the tournament.

My highest ever game is 265 which I bowled on lanes 1 & 2, and anyone who has bowled in rocky knows that lane 1 is a pain to bowl on. I also replicated my high game at Milton last year except this time I had the front 9 and then left the 4-6-10 split! Now my display name for my friday night league is MR265(Thank You Nathan & Liza!)

My highest ever 3 game series is 717 which I bowled in 2002 in the Junior star of the year tournament. My mother has bowled a 300 game on lanes 25 & 26 which was on the 14-10-1992, and she finished with a 3 game series of 740. So I still yet to beat mum.

My current coach is Dale Warren but I also have an instructor for the 3,6,9,10pins who is Nathan Stein. My Dad was my original coach right up until Dale took over last year and a long with Nathan, they helping me improve my sparing on the right side of the lane.

Thanks

Geoffrey Stevens

Hey Geoffrey,

Congradulations on your 265game on lane 1. I agree that lane one can be a hassle at times. My top score on lane one is only like 178 and i did that in "star of the year tournament" this year. lol my score could of been better but ah well.

I never knew that you started bowling at 3 years old. That's impressive. If I had of tried bowling at the age of 3, I would have probably gone down the lane with the ball lol.

Keep your 180 average up. That's a good average and i wouldn't mind an average like that lol.

Keep up the hard work mate

Your frriend,

Hayden :D :) :D

Back
Top Bottom