y is bowling so bitchy???

*MELIZA*

hey all just a question for ya's y is bowling so bitchy i mean so much stuff goes on between bowlers and come on guys we have to bowl together in teams (rachuig shield youth) i think it is about time people put things behind them and stop butting in to other peoples lives when they are not asked too.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i dont mean to offend anyone this is just my opinion

ok my opinion is I think that it is in every sport not just bowling, and do you think that it is in SA cause you posted this subject under here or everywhere in ever state?
The bit where you said about butting into other people's lives is an easy thing to fix, just dont tell them anything thats the easy way to fix that problem, I agree with you that everyone has to bowl together etc, but I think that in most teams not all there is always going to be a few people here and there that wont see eye to eye.
Anyway I have had my say just thought that I would reply thru the way I see bitchy people thru my eyes, the best thing is ignore the problem easy way to fix it.
Cya Kellie

Its very simple, People love gossip!, and people also love to give an opinion weather you ask for it or not......i also play cricket and it happens none stop (bitching)...didnt seem to happen quite as much when i played football in 2001...so cricket and bowling are on par when it comes to bitching and gossip.

Mark Foster

Mark my last post was not directed at you it was at sean, personal joke between us both.

thanks for your reply guys i think that bowling is bitchy in all states and most sports are bitchy but even when you work in a bowling centre the people that you work with they do the same. so it is not just the bowlers its the staff too....

i guess it would just be to easy for everyone to get along...

It's just the nature of competition, some people seem to take it that little bit further and it becomes personal.

i think some if not most of the time it comes down to jealousy, soem one will bitch about some one cause on one level or another they wish they coudl be as good as them. eg people bagging out derek addams for bowling in a ditched centre because he is good enough to bowl the scores that he has. when people start complaining about that it's because they wish they coudl have the fame that person did. I am saying this because I have wished the same thing and i am speaking from experience, alot of it just plainly comes down to straight out jealousy

bboy said:
so cricket and bowling are on par when it comes to bitching and gossip.

You have to be joking Mark Foster .. maybe in the land of the two headed monsters cricket might be like that . It's only cause you guys are still struggling with the fundamentals. In Queensland at least we know how to play so we get on with it.

Typical scene at Tasmanian Cricket Game :

Captain : Ok who's turn is it to bowl ?
Fielder 1 : I'll have a go
Fielder 2 : No I'll have a go
Fielder 1 : No it's my turn
Captain : Ok fielder 2 let fielder 1 bowl first then you can bowl later
Fielder 2 walks off in disgust
Fielder 2 says to Fielder 3 : That fielder 1 is such a bitch
Fielder 3 to Fielder 2 : Oh i know .. and look at his cricket whites, they don't even fit him properly ...

and so on ....

:D :D :D

Heheheheheehehehhehehe @ Graham
That's not too far from the truth from a game I saw once.
After winning the 1999 Premiership in the football we were sitting up in the main stand at the TCA Ground above The Den at a barbecue a few weeks later watching a cricket match between North Hobart and Kingborough.
Our players were a pretty hammered lot sitting all over the place still celebrating the Premiership and a Kingborough spinner comes in to bowl......WIDE :?
Next ball......WIDE, Next ball.....6, Next Ball.......WIDE, Next ball.......6, Next ball......WIDE (We are laughing audibly by this stage) Next 5 balls........WIDE (At this point one of our elderly football club supporters looks up from his beer and yells "JUST ROLL THE F*****G THING DOWN THE PITCH YOU POOFTAH") :lol:
Next ball...........6 :lol: (bowler is blaming the uneven centre square area by this stage) Next ball.............WIDE :lol: (I spit my beer everwhere and start crying with laughter)
Next ball.....4 :oops:, Next 3 balls.......WIDE, Next ball........Bowled him (No ball calls the umpire) :lol:, Next ball.....6, Next ball....WIDE, Next ball......1 leg bye and a bronx cheer from the Stand.
End of the over......21 balls later - 44 runs including 16 extras :?

Sadly this wasn't the end of it for this poor bloke - fielding on the boundary line in front of the Main Stand.......one of the Reserves players grabs his Golden Retriever and a pair of sunglasses and a white stick and walks over and asks him if he wants to borrow them for the next over.............he tells the football player to bugger off, next ball Dan Marsh skies one out in the deep the WIDE bowler gets under and............the ball bounces of his clasped hands and over the boundary rope for 6 :D
Well you can gather what kind of laughter from the stand that was getting :D
At this point he storms off the field swearing every word imaginable - his captain says "where are you going"
"F*** you all I'm going home" he sqeauls
Next thing he hops into his car and drops a big cook in his VC Commodore - at the same time losing control and accelerating into the side of the Bookies Stand :lol:
Absolutely in hysterics we all were :wink:
Cricket's a great game :D

Back
Top Bottom