Worst ride uve ever done

saw a guy in league at mayfield amf (for those of you who dont know mayfield it has above lane ball returns)

any way kid was mucking round, threw the shot and started riding the lanes, the idiot forgot that these are above lane ball returns and well im sure as most of you have figured out he was too busy running and watching his shot at the same time and just fell straight over the ball return and fell dead flat on his face on the other side

As a person who has never had any trouble showing himself as a total nøøb, can I just ask one thing: how does one "ride" a lane?

It's sort of like the old saying that someone "counts their chickens before they hatch". When you "ride the lane", you are using body language leading up until the strike/spare as a 'showing-off' to others.

The worst I've done is try to punch the air for a four-bagger (long time ago) and ended up flat on my ass.

For the record, I did get the strike, so it was worth the pain!

Bowler_X said:
as most of you have figured out he was too busy running and watching his shot at the same time and just fell straight over the ball return and fell dead flat on his face on the other side

Sounds like something I would have done! :rolleyes:

lol my brother decide to walk over the ball returns at quebean and the ball came up and hit him in the leg that was pretty funny u should of been there lol

Running backward's as the ball charged to the pocket, I tripped over the ball return and landed face first.

dejinshathe said:
As a person who has never had any trouble showing himself as a total nøøb, can I just ask one thing: how does one "ride" a lane?

You pay your ticket to the man, hold onto the ball, and go down the lane on the oil. It's also known in some tribes as the Machuiga flop.

Not really, but makes an interesting story.

If you go looking through the video archive, and lookup Jason Belmonte 2005 SA Cup, you will see what riding a lane is, or at least one way of doing it.

In a junior tournament once when I was about 16 I ran out a 5-7 across about 16 lanes.
Not sure why I ran it out that far now, but I remember doing it, and remember everyone laughing and the 'Get a pump' comments from the peanut gallery up the back.
Did the same thing on 3-4 in the VIP Classic stepladder finals last year against Greg Elkin, strike to win, ran it out 3 lanes, 5-7 :mad:
I was using a low 14lb ball, that's my excuse.

Rode my twelfth shot going for 300 (which I got) through the fire doors 12 lanes away, kicked my shoes off at about lane 21 and just kept going, bursting through the doors and running out onto the cement steps outside the door.
I think I only stopped because it had been raining, the steps were wet and I got soggy socks :lol:

hoova said:
at queenbyan, i fell off the ledge next to lane 12 and into the lockers lol
Hahahaha :lol:
It's embarrassing and I've done that at Burnie before.
First game I ever bowled in the place was at Shield Trials back in '92, left the 3-6-10 on lane 12 (the end lane) in the first game, stepped it out to the right thinking it was gonna slide by it - I fell off the side and the brick wall executed a perfect hip and shoulder on me.
Never been so embarrassed.....

justin andrews from the overlanders league at keon park on thursday night did the crane manouver from the "karate kid" as a ride and left a solid tenpin. good on ya jus!!

At Bankstown last year during qualifying at Junior Sydney Cup, I rode a greek church and tripped over a ball return. Very embarrasing.

You could count alot of my rides as the worst rides, depending on the way you look at it :D . Definately not one to think out my rides :p .

my worst ride would have been after too many at a pub and being taken home by a stranger, i was in no state to be doing any riding.....she may have but but had NFI

My first ever game in President's Shield I was playing David Brooker, who ended up being the Masters Champion that year, I rode a 5-8-10 almost to the back of the approach in one of the latter frames in a tight match against him.

Spared it but still felt very embarrassed though.

Back
Top Bottom