World Police and Fire Games - 2007

JoSpencer

Hi Everyone

March 2007 will see the World Police and Fire Games contested right here in Adelaide. This is going to be a huge sporting event which Tenpin is one of the sports included in the Games.

The Tenpin Bowling Competition is being held from 21st, 22nd and 23rd March 2007 at CROSS ROAD BOWL.

TBA SA will be managing the competition on behalf of WPFG. Volunteers are needed to assist for the duration of the event on the above days. We already have a list of volunteers but are looking for a few more to complete our list.

At this stage we are looking for local bowlers to act in the role of Lane Marshalls.

All volunteers will be required to attend training at a later date and will be provided with a WPFG Shirt to be worn throughout the event. Some minor expenses may be reimbursed with prior approval / application to TBA SA. Lunch and refreshments are provided during the event for all volunteers.

If this interests you please "PM" me with your contact details.

Regards

Jo Babic
State Manager for SA
WPFG - Competition Manager

I would like to add, that those Lane Marshalls, will be very well looked after by the English bowlers, especially those boys from "The Met" :D

I've posted here, in the hope that bringing it back into the limelight, and generate more interest for the organisers, in the way of Lane Marshalls etc.
Jo, Hope your efforts with this event are going well.
Several points:
Reminder re oil patterns to be adopted (could they be the same as the SA cup this January).
Dress Code.. shorts or not..Quite a few in the UK blvd shorts are acceptable, in fact the norm, however being a regular viewer of this site, I've noted the odd thread of this subject.
Bowling Affiliation cards...Do we need to produce/bring them.
Anything else that you would like me to pass on to the bowlers travelling from the UK to take part in this event that would not be covered in the info supplied by WPFG2007. I am in contact with almost all the Police bowlers.
Many Thanks

A reminder that Adelaide will be hosting the World Police and Fire Games commencing 16th March. This is going to be a huge community event, you may have seen the advertising around the place and now also on TV.

During the games there are plenty of free community events on offer such as the Opening Ceremony for the Games.

Tenpin is one of the sports in the games, being held at Cross Road Bowl on 21st, 22nd and 23rd March. Try to take a bit of time out over that period to get down to Cross Road and have a look, this is a WORLD event, there is estimated to be around 200 odd bowlers competing from all over the world.

Two locals I know well, Greig Lyas and Tony Long, will be competing and it would be great to have a local crowd gather for these guys as well as to see the talent from around the country and from other parts of the world.

There are some great incentives on offer for Volunteers who assist throughout this event (see attached). We have a good group of volunteers lined up to assist with running the Tenpin event, if anyone else is interested please register at www.2007wpfg.com and also let me know (PM me through this site).

Look forward to seeing you all at Cross Road in March.

Regards

Jo Babic

Hi everyone

Please see attached for the 2007 WPFG Oiling Pattern as supplied by Cross Road Bowl today,

Hope this will assist competitors with their preparations for this event.

Regards

Jo Babic

Hi Jo, this is anothe limey ! thanks for the pattern information. i look forward to meeting you all in a few weeks time.

Found you at last. Looking forward to meeting all at Cross Road Bowl

Tenpindee

Oh yes Jason the Barmy Army will be there in full strength. Hoping for a repeat of the ODI finals . . . . .

Back
Top Bottom