World Cup - Day 2

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Feeling great I really wanted to post another decent block to stay in the top 8. I played on 25&26 to start and I can tell you first hand the pair was crazy. Evening spending 8 minutes practise on them I still had no idea. Not to mention that every bad break that could have happened, happened that game. I don't want to go into detail but lets just say its a game I'd rather forget, it didn't deserve to be 144. It was far from the start I wanted.

The lanes played a bit different today, some pairs had a lot more backend than others. Most were different from pair to pair. The frustrating thing for me today was it would take me 4 frames to figure out what that pair was doing, hence the low 200's. On the 2 occassions I hit a pair where I lined up early I could not get ANY breaks. I think my 217 in game 4 today may have been the best ever 217 I've ever bowled.

Anyway, I clawed back to the card today and unfortunately dropped to 22nd. The good thing is that I'm not that far out of it and there is still 20 games to go. I still feel good about my ball reaction and if I can just hit the pairs early, the bigger 200 games will come.

Ann Marie bowled like a trooper today, she moved into 3rd arrow with a smash zone and shot 1440 for 6 to jump into 4th place. She is truly amazing and is set to give defending her crown a crack. The girls are easily out bowling the guys, with no girls playing through the middle they are burning up the track and playing slightly inside of it, most of the girls here bowl the same so indirectly they are helping each other. Watched another 300 today by the Singapore girl and watched the Canadian shoot the from 10 for 289. There are some good girls here.

Don't bowl until lunch tomorrow, might have a sleep in :D

Back
Top Bottom