Womens Section - your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonx

A womens section next year? I won't run handicap sections all the time as the whole idea of the series is to compete against the best, on world class patterns at excellent value, not to have a security blanket if the 180 average bowler doesn't score high enough on the day.

If there is enough interest for a womens section moving forward, I will be happy to run it, but I can't do so if there isn't enough support.

I'll have a chat to the ladies already entering the first event, so if you haven't got your name down yet for that, you may miss out on the opportunity to have your input moving forward.

There are some very high quality Women in Victorian bowling, so giving them an equal opportunity to participate is something I am quite focussed on. I can think of at least 20 high performance ladies in this state, (and at least equal that that aren't quite there atm, but have the potential,) that would benefit greatly from facing these world class patterns with good value.

tonx,

i'd be happy to bowl in a women's section when other bowling committments allow me to

Andrea

Hi Tonx,

Not sure if a separate ladie's division will be such a good idea, you definitely won't get the numbers you are currently getting, and you have to work out a separate prize fund as well (which would be compromised should there be a drop in numbers at any stage).

I for one totally enjoyed mixing it up with the fellas at Altona, and having finished only 2 spots out of money felt very good about the way I bowled on the day.

I'd say keep it as is for at least next year as well so we can consolidate and build on what is looking to be a promising endeavour so far.

Regards,

Jane.

holy old topic batman!

This topic was presented 9/5/07. I think ill close it now, as I don't set the events up anymore :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom