WHICH BOWL IS THE BIGGER PIE HOUSE BORONIA OR KEON PARK ?

well theres a big question over that....
every house has a simple shot if you know where your comfort zone is...
so really how can you say which is a bigger pie house...
yes there is a lot of area where you can miss target get hold or massive reaction and still strike...
if so why do you bowl there.... EGO!!!

you feel great every time you bowl a 250 plus game or 700 plus...
but if the conditions are easy enough to bowl those scores... why complain then go back there each week??

yes i bowl at keon park... yes it is easy to hit pocket most of the night... but i will admit... and not many will....but i like bowling there for the high scores... even if it is easier to score high... if they change conditions they will loose bowlers cause people aren't scoring high speaking in your league bowlers that don't bowl many national or state tournaments....

bowling will always be a place that want to make money thats its goal... if putting down a condition to suit league bowlers to score high so be it....

they make a level playing field....

so really try something different instead of saying which is the bigger pie house....

I don't know about pies but Keon Park has a nice Chips sausage and gravy deal. I didn't realize they had pies on the menu. Ill have to pay closer attention.:D:D:D

Phil

I bowl at Keon Park and Werribee...

Werribee is far easier then Keon Park at the moment.... and Keon Park is rather simple!!

Werribee certainly is in a honeymoon period at the moment as our new lanes are only 3 weeks old. I would imagine that once the lanes break down in another 5 or so weeks that the honeymoon will be over. While they are the way they are our bowlers are extremely happy with their scores. Well worth the hefty investment. :D:D:D

Well my vote would definately have to go to Boronia!

However, this topic does raise an issue which I know I feel very strongly about.....SCORING!

You have to acknowledge that technology has certainly played its part in increasing the scoring pace. However, I think that is a part of the game that is difficult to control, so I think the best way to do this is by lane conditions. To me bowling is based upon certain attributes which in my mind have been lost in recent times due to league patterns. Bowling is based around the skills of ACCURACY, SPEED, BALL SELECTION, SURFACE & VERSATILITY to just name a few. These attributes in my mind are what make great players like Jason Belmonte, Jason Walsh & so on.

It is disappointing when you see these attributes being removed from the game in favour of laying down easy lane conditions. The solution to high scoring is certainly not an easy one, as many league bowlers believe that "tough" lane conditions equlas "bad lanes." Unfortunately centres need to lay down easy conditions otherwise these league bowlers will leave the centre and go down the road to the next centre in search of "better lanes." I think what bowlers need to realise is that tough scoring does not equal bad lanes. It is all relative to the scoring pace on that pattern. If the top avergae is 180 it doesn't mean that lanes are bad. That is just the scoring pace of that condition and it is relative to that top average. Why is it so important to bowlers to lose with a 220 average rather than win with a 190 average?

As I said, the solution is not an easy one, however, I think TBA should introduce a conditioning policy for leagues and have different levels of accreditation for different leagues. This way centres will be able to cater to all bowlers as some leagues can choose to be accredited however still have the normal house patterns while other leagues can choose to comply with the conditioning policy that TBA set?

To those that think easy lane conditions bring in bowlers, I think the last 10 years and the decline of league participation in that time when these conditions have become more apparent speaks for itself. Part of the education of bowling is that tough conditions do not equal bad lanes, they just test your ability to be versatile and adjust. If you have trouble bowling on them then go and PRACTICE on those type of conditions to make your game more versatile. The success of the recent Sports Events in Victoria I believe shows the desire of bowlers in this state to want to bowl on tougher patterns and test their ability.

Joel

All of this discussion brought about just because i was able to bowl another 300 game and 800 series... Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :D

I used to bowl at not so easy lane conditions (ie. Sunshine before synthetics, Werribee before Kegel), and then started to bowl league at Mooroolbark.

I noticed a distinct increase in my scoring at tournaments after bowling at Mooroolbark, despite being a "pie friendly" house, it simply taught me something I couldnt do at the other centres, string 5-6+ strikes a game together.

Pity easy conditions dont help your sparing ;)

OK this post is of topic.
I thought it was about pies and chips.
And your dreaming Cameron. You could never string that many strikes together. And John think back young man. wasn't so long ago you threw, if my memory serves me correct 490 lol Gee how things change.
Phil
if you cant see the funny side your not looking hard enough :D:D:D

Werribee certainly is in a honeymoon period at the moment as our new lanes are only 3 weeks old. I would imagine that once the lanes break down in another 5 or so weeks that the honeymoon will be over. While they are the way they are our bowlers are extremely happy with their scores. Well worth the hefty investment. :D:D:D

I beg to differ but will be happy to be proven wrong.
Other centres have had an improvement in scoring but once the lanes have settled the scores go through the roof....
Can you imagine if that happened at Werribee???

I think a tighter oil pattern is required. But I would quite enjoy the end of the "honeymoon" period.

Bowlers may be extremely happy with their scores at the moment, but is anyone game enough to tell them they aren't that good???

boronia, keon park, werribee and bowlarama

are all pie houses

some just have more higher calibre of bowlers than others

1299/5 at bowlarama straight off a 4 month break and a handfull of practise balls, but theres only 4 guys in the centre capable of shooting them numbers, other mentioned centres have 10 or more players that can shoot 800's and 30 or so, capable of 300

at the end of the day bowl management want people leaving happy, and if that means inflating ego's, well there be it

the takings at the end of the day, is the only important variable

Back
Top Bottom