Where Too Bowl on the Gold Coast

AaronT

hi am thinking about getting back into bowling after 5 years off never bowled leauge on the gold coast would appreciate any suggestions

ashmore mate

its a great centre

Good conditions that will test you.

Very Friendly staff

well u don't really have too much to choose from... its really either Tweed or Ashmore. As far as i know they both have pretty good leagues between them.

Your only other option is to head up to Mt Warren.

Good Luck!

If you're who i think you are it might be better if you travel up to bris.... it never hurt you to travel before...... you'd get other choices of centres too...

Just someone who used to watch you bowl..... only a spectator of the sport.... located somewhere in the town of bris.

Have been told to tell you that it only takes approx 20 to 30 mins to get to Mt. Gravatt from the coast on the high way so if you're prepared to drive it could be worth while going there....

take closer too an hour too get too mt Gravatt from here so I thik i will stick too the goldy somewhere if I do decide to get back into league

hi
if you want somthing challanging and somthing that will test you go to tweed even though most ppeps will say that its a **** center i find that its warm and welcoming and if you can bowl well there you can bowl well anywhere

just my say
p_b

punk_bowler has a good point. I bowl at Tweed and yes it is a tough and testing centre, but as they say if you can bowl and ave well at tweed you can bowl just about anywhere!

Friday night triples is biggest money league there. starts new season at easter. There is another good money league thurs night , I think it's 4 person teams.

Yes and don’t join there Phantom league if you think it might qualify you for there in house championships as it isn’t and can’t be sanctioned. So I found out bowling in it doesn’t qualify you for there in house championships.

Not sure why though as i was looking forward to it.

Ashmore is insistent on only accepting people in fully sanctioned leagues in its house tournament.
One of the other member benefits of Ashmore is a $100 subsidy to bowlers making State Teams, and a $200 subsidy to bowlers making National teams. But again you will need to bowl in a fully sanctioned league.
Incidentally Aaron, post bowling is not allowed in any league.

I am in full acceptance of there rules no issues there. They should just make thing a little clearer to people BEFORE they join a league and not wait until the championships get close and then spring it on you! I am not too concerned about missing them, it’s the team that I was bowling with that I had concerns for as they already thought they had a full team, now they have to look around at short notice or find other teams needing players.

I think the incentives are a great idea should be more of it.

But thanks Andrew for clearing that up!

Jason you have a very valid point. You were given bad information and for that I apologise. I would have thought the person imparting that information would have at least checked the tournament rules first.

Back
Top Bottom