What's the Record?

Tiger

Lanes 13-14 at Moonah Bowl this evening in Centre League.
Paul Luc-ock versus Matt Cramond

Paul Luc-ock:.....246-278-249 for 773
Matt Cramond:. 197-270-217 for 684
Total Score: 1457/6 at 242.83

Is that highest gross (Opponent v Opponent) score, is it close, or is it a complete waste of time asking because nobody knows :lol:

The 270 losing score is a definate Moonah record.
What's the highest losing score in Australia?

I recall the final at the Elizabeth Open a few years ago between Bill Johnson and Bruno Maglieri.
From memory the scores were 280 to 279.
Now thats gotta be some sort of record.

Did Maglieri shoot 279 and lose? OUCH :eek: That's gotta hurt especially in a final.
Just on the topic posted, great scores shot there by Lucock there and the poor bloke he was playing against Cramond, who If I recall rightly from reading another forum has shot 268 269 and now 270 and lost all three - that's what I call bin snakebit :lol:

Testing the memory a bit here but I think, someone lost 300-299 in a tourney quite a few years ago (eurathane era), Terry Wenban I think, like i say could be wrong though.

So I guess it aint a record then....no probs, just curious.
Yeah it was a great match actually, especially the second game.
Paul had the front 9 and left the Cold 7-pin in the 10th then left a Cold 5-pin (the 7 & 10-pins fell VERY late :lol: ) for 278.

I had Solid 10-pin, Strike, Cold 4-pin & punched out for 270 :wink:

Paul Luc-ock's 773 was the highest series shot in Centre League since it started in 1971, and was the fourth highest series ever shot at Moonah.

Yeah your dead right there FatCat about losing with 268-269-270, just one of those things, not much you can do about it really :(

Actually my last 6 games against Paul, he's shot 276-279-278-246-278-249: 1606/6 for about a 269 average :shock:

I could always try knee-capping him I s'pose :?

Great bowling boys!! :)

Even though you lost Matty, you are still a super-star in my eyes! After-all, you did kick my arse when I bowled against you when I was in Hobart last year. :?

Hey Paul, you ought to bowling over here on the mainland and shooting it up big with big boys with all the tourney's that are going on here. Hope to see you at SPC perhaps. 8)

Take it easy

I remember seeing a game between Tony Livaniou and Michael Frazi, i think, and the scores were 279-288. I cant remember who bowled what, i just remember it was at Manhattan Bowl, Mascot in a league one Saturday.

SPC 92

South Pacific Classic 1992 Belconnen, ACT

Matchplay Mike Muir 279 lost to Graham Smith 280

Mick got revenge

Stepladder

2nd v 3rd

Mike Muir 180 def Graham Smith 179

I seem to remember quite a few years ago in a singles league at Mt Druitt NSW, Geoff Sweeny lost to Chris Batson 299-300. I wasnt there to witness it, but this story went around the centres in the area pretty quick. Can someone confirm this actually happened ?

Back
Top Bottom